Chance to Cast Amazon
I've got a lvl 60 Zon who simply lights up the landscape. She combines deadly killing speed with sassy little light shows by setting off as many Chance to Cast spells as her little blonde brain can. And I have to say, she's the most fun I've had with a character in a long time. She eats baddies by the wagonload and favors a scorched-earth policy when redecorating the landscape. Oh, and if you like wow-ing people in public games, this is your character, bar none.

Essentially, she's a speedazon with 95% pierce who uses Freezing Arrow to set off as many Chance to Cast effects as possible. (FA trumps Multishot for this, I've found, since if enemies are in tight groups, the fact that any enemy in the freeze range of FA can set off a % to cast makes things ridiculous quickly.) She's heavily gear-dependent, naturally, so I was hoping y'all might have some tips and suggestions.

Here's her set-up:

Bow: Goldstrike Arch
Helm: Valk Wing
Armor: Crow Caw
Gloves: Hellmouth
Boots: Gore Riders
Ammy: Atma's Scarab
Rings: Ravenfrost and a rare
Charms: Lots and lots of cold damage small charms

So when she has a night on the town, (okay, more accurately, outside of it) she can cast Meteor, Firestorm, Fist of Heavens, and Amp Damage. This is simply great as is, but I'm wondering if there are setups that might be even more spectacular. Laying of Hands can make the pretties, but I'm not about to give up my precious Hellmouths. Ondal's Almighty will constantly weaken the enemies, but it's pretty uninteresting an item otherwise.

Anybody have any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Hello Ignatz!

You have a great setup going there.
I have a unique Flail (forget the name right now, I'm at work) that has a 25% chance to cause monsters to flee. Not only does that mod cause monsters to turn in their tracks, and display a wavy graphic, but I also like the cool howling effect that is coupled with it. This mod may be something to add to your arsenal.
- Ace 777
Check Out: NJ DeMolay

[Image: knight_left.gif]
Great setup!

*Snip* I confused 'on attack' with 'on striking'. No wonder it didn't work on my zon :P
The flail is a awsome pvp weapon :P Well my barb used to use 2 of them, the uni crowbill has the same effect. With 2 of them, a Blackthorns, nosefang and clegs gloves you WILL slow any1 :D

Can I suggest using a rare rings that have chances to cast charged bolts and chain lightning (if that can go on rings, if not try a najs circlet, allthough it will drop your damage, it will look great)
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Can you get chance to cast on striking on rare rings? I thought you could only get chance to cast on being struck?

I'm hoping to find something with % to cast on my armor and ring slots, but I'm not sure that anything exists.
You can at least have chance to cast chain lightning on attack on rare or crafted rings... I used 2 of those on my chance-to-cast frenzier. Unfortunately those don't work with bows.

For that matter, in 1.09 there's no armor or rings that can give you any chance to cast on striking skills (unless you count monster flee in which case you have rattlecage).
And Rattlecage and a Face of Horror will make pretty much everything run all the time. With FA that negates it, but you get another effect on the monsters.

Some of my sorcs like to use Act I mercs with that set up and a Kuko for the exploding arrows so that they can make pretty much everything run, seems to work better than most of the meleer mercs for keeping her safe.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Try a "dol dol dol dol nef hel" bow, amazingly fun. You can have it on swap on your ama as well, in case you get in a sticky situation.
What is this life if, full of care

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Ooo that does sound fun. Doesn't that make it hard to kill the little suckers if they're busy hauling ass and wetting pants, though?

I think, too, that instead of the Hel rune, an Um rune might be fun. At least, you'd get some really cool looking blood puddles. :)
Quote: Ooo that does sound fun. Doesn't that make it hard to kill the little suckers if they're busy hauling ass and wetting pants, though?
not really. they cannot run very fast because of FA. and they turn back after a short while. but it puts you in a much safer position, if the monsters are trying to get away from you ;)
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
In 1.10 this build can have even more fireworks. There's a unique ring that casts twister on striking, and another that casts lightning on striking. Also there's a runeword helm that casts confuse on striking.
Reminds me(in a roundabout, reverse sorta way) of Backoff, my Thornsdin with multiple frost nova/nva/CB equipment. It's nothing spectacularly unique, and he kills things slow as hell, but it's always fun when a baba comes up to you in hostile, and sets off about 5 farts on himself... :P Very good if I can ever be bothered to level him to wear a hitpower set. :)