Any good games out there?
I was just wondering if there is any good games out there that might have missed my investigating eye... something with a good storyline (storyline that can be compared to Freelancer's and Starcraft's) no matter how small the storyline is.

As most of you probably, I'm sucking games until 1.10 patch will finally be released and then I'll worry about liberating 1.3GB on my hard-drive for LoD again :)

So making short shorter, does anyone know some good games?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Max Payne is fun the first time you play through it.

Deus Ex is cool, but you'll want to finish the game more than once.

Final Fantasy lasts too damn long ;) (assuming 1.10 will be out before Christmas.)

---

If I were you, I'd pick up "Silent Hill II - Director's cut".
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
This might help some:

Name 10 favorite games
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
Yeah Max Payne was fun, no matter what I did I was in bullet time, just becasue it was so cool. But once you beat it there is not much replay value. I reinstall it once in a while so I can get a matrix-type fix :P
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Turn-based strategy game. Very good. Much better than MoO3, anyway. ;) Great game, with a free bonus pack already out, and a free Expansion Pack expected by the end of the summer. Well worth the money, with great replay value. SP-only.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Deus Ex is awesome. :) (It was because of that thread not too long ago that I got it.)
Quote:Deus Ex is awesome.

I'll second that! :ph34r:

Now if only I could play the danged game. <_<

- WL
Is something the matter, Warlocke?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
It's a rather old game now but for storyline Planescape (Torment) is hard to better
Quote:Is something the matter, Warlocke?

Nothing big. My case's power supply burnt out, and I don't have the spare cash to replace it at the moment. It's just really, really annoying. <_<

- WL
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Star Control II, one of the best games ever made. And I'm not the only one who feels that way. Join the few who have played this old-school gem of a computer game. If you can find it, that is.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Have to agree with the comment on Max Payne. My best advice with that one is to find a friend that has it and borrow it, since there really isn't a good deal of replay value after that one, brilliant play-through.

If you like first-person perspective games and crave a bit more developement than Quake & Co., check out the Thief series. Thief and Thief II are selling in a bundle for $20 right now, if I'm not mistaken, and that pricetag hardly does them justice. The gameplay is innovative and the plotline is immersive. Play it at night with the lights out and you're set.

If you like the menu-based games like Final Fantasy, DEFINITELY check out Crono Trigger. That storyline pulled me in when I first played it, and since I've actually worked through to see what I *think* are all the endings (haven't looked at a walkthrough, so I'm not sure). Hard to find a SNES cartridge (found mine finally about a year ago at Funco Land) but I believe they re-released it on Playstation a while back. If all else fails, just get yourself a SNES emulator and download the ROM. It ranks as one of myl favorite alltime games.

Another older game by LucasArts (this one's more a "hopefully a friend has a copy) is "Full Throttle", just for the fun factor. It's akin to the King's Quest games in that you need to solve puzzles in a sort-of-interactive world. Throw in a few cheesy Star Wars references ("Help me Ben, you're my only hope!") and it's well worth a look.

That's about it offhand, but I'm sure I've left out some noteworthy games.
See you in Town,
-Z
MY room mate in collage played that game everyday foe hours. I still hear those silly little tunes for each race just thinking about it.
Zarathustra,Jul 3 2003, 12:17 AM Wrote:If you like the menu-based games like Final Fantasy, DEFINITELY check out Crono Trigger.&nbsp; That storyline pulled me in when I first played it, and since I've actually worked through to see what I *think* are all the endings (haven't looked at a walkthrough, so I'm not sure).&nbsp; Hard to find a SNES cartridge (found mine finally about a year ago at Funco Land) but I believe they re-released it on Playstation a while back.
The Playstation re-release is titled Final Fantasy Chronicles, and also includes Final Fantasy IV.
Yea, but it also includes load times. On the other hand, it has those nifty Anime cutscenes, and various other special things, so you just have to decide which you prefer. Me, I'd go for the cartridge, if only for the first play through, then PS version for cool stuff.
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
System Shock 2 is an absolute blast. The game was recently released on the Underdogs and people are starting to kick themselves for not picking it up when it was on store shelves. Very, very creepy game. If you do, however, download that version, you'll have to do some searching for the start and end movies so that the game will at least make a bit of sense.

Neverwinter Nights is quite fun to play through the first time also. Quite remanicent of DII also. IIRC the expansion pack was just released.

GTA:Vice City is a nifty game. The setting is downright awesome and the music kicks. Oh and there's a neat little mob story tied in.

Little Big Adventure is another fun game. Similar to SNES adventure games (lots of puzzles to go with an real time battle system). Good luck finding it or its sequel though. I've been searching for LBA2 for years.

No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.S Way is on of my favourite FPS in recent memory. Great atmosphere. Makes you feel like you're in a Bond movie.

Three's The Hard Way is a nifty freeware amateur RPG. It has an interesting story with likable characters and contains around 25-30 hours of gameplay and it's only about 10MB. Can be found at www.the-underdogs.org.

Come to think of it, just about any game at The Underdogs would be a great choice.

Anyway, that ought to hold you over for a while ;)
-Ryethe
The government makes paper airplanes out of our lives and files us out the windows. (Obasan)
Ah... Star Control 2, I remember it as if it was more than 7 years ago... t'was a great game but gets too repetitive for my taste :)

Neverwinter Nights: Ya played it, the official campaign is hardly decent, although if you still got the game I suggest downloading the Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher modules (from www.nwvault.com), mainly it's the same campaign with dreamcatcher being a sequel to shadowlords (so you might want to play shadowlords first) and it's way better than most RPG campaigns I've played (Beats BG2's and NWN's any day).

Max Payne/NOLF/GTA aren't my kind of games, mainly because the storyline stinks :)

Downloading system shock 2 now, lets hope it's as good as you make it sound like (too bad there's no movies there though)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I have a full copy of System Shock 2. If someone wants to setup a private FTP for lurkerlounge then I can upload the ISO file and all that want can grab it, burn it and play it.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
No one here plays Ultima Online: Age of Shadows??? It's a fantastic game, far better than diablo 2 1.09. You can do almost anything you want in the game. You can write a book, tame animals, explore dungeons etc. The enemies are a lot harder, and the players arent idiots, like 75% of Diablo 2 players... <_< The only bad thing is that it costs about 10$/a month, but the first month is for free. And if you live in Europe like me, you can pay with gametime tickets so you dont need a credit card to play :)

Here's a few screenshots :D:
http://photo.jippii.fi/fi/image//data/phot...6807231202.jpeg
http://photo.jippii.fi/fi/image//data/phot...6907328192.jpeg
http://photo.jippii.fi/fi/image//data/phot...7164025226.jpeg
[Image: 1048873792431.jpeg]
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell:
One more Soldier reporting Sir -
I've served my time in Hell
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet!! Tetris! And then there is Dr. Mario. Also, my all time favorite Nintendo game, Maniac Mansion. It took me a while to beat... the first time. Now I can beat it in about 15 minutes. :lol: