The Mummy Returns
The Mummy Returns was playing on the Movie Network ( here in Canada ) the other night. I decided to watch - a guilty pleasure, Indiana Jones Lite.

Some spoilers ahead, so if you haven't seen it yet skip the rest of this post.
-
-
-
-
-
-

So we get to the bit of the movie where everyone has to traipse through this swampy jungle to get to the Scorpion king's pyramid. And what do we see in the Jungle - Flayers, little fetish like critters armed with blow guns and big honkin knives, lotsa them. I'm watching this and thinking to myself, "O'Connell, get your HF merc up front and use multishot - piece of p!ss, watch out when you get to the next bit tho, there's probably some animated tree who'll be MSLE and the you're in for it".
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.

Every few months someone see that for the first time and comes here to reamrk on the simularities.

And yes they are extremely similar, which is odd since they were in production at the same time.
And they make the same sound too :)
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
maybe there actually are little flayers in the jungle, and it just so happens that the people who made D2 were on the same safari as the people who made the movie. :blink:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu