Apple G5
There is quite a bit of controversy surrounding the announcement of the G5.

This slashdot.org article should provide the necessary links and details for the uninformed:

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/03/06/24/2...tid=126&tid=181

I'm just curious what other lurkers think.

I'll admit my own amusement over Apple's claims though I've never really understood Macdom. For me though, computers are always a cost vs. performance issue. Mac just can't cut the mustard there.

Mark
More fun then twins on a sugar high!!
http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20030601

PvPonline is great, for those of you that read it, you'll remember this one.

I have always been around computers, my dad was on of those computer nerds in the 60s when they first came out, and we have always had them around the house. I build computers that kick ass, not buy them. I can build it for a lot cheaper, and because it looks like crap, no one will steal it, no fancy case with the bass lights, and plexiglass sides with biohazard symbols emblazoned on the side. I agree macs are only good for things like movie making and photo editing, and they are not really upgradable. You have to buy a whole new system. Special software has to be made for the mac OS (for something funny, go to mp3.com and do a search for Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, and look for their song "Every OS sucks").
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
A very interesting Mac website explained why so many Mac users put up with the lack of compatibility, lack of performance, horrible customer support, and high prices that Apple makes them deal with.

Three words - reality distortion syndrome.

Those people believe everything Apple tells them. Anybody who dares to speak against them is a Wintel blasphomer!
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Actually, we're not all that way. I'm a mac user; I'm also quite hostile towards apple. It burns me up how apple basically punishes me for being a loyal user while they do everything in their power to reward PC users who switch over.

It's a long story. If you check my weblog, I'll be putting a rant up about it soon, so I won't bother to bore you with all the details here. Point is, I'm still a mac user and probably always will be.

My mac simply put delivers the best quality, the best product, at any given time. I have used both macs and PC's through school, at home, and elsewhere, for a variety of functions, and my mac is far more stable than any PC I've ever used. For my current needs (net browsing, word processing, game playing, music, etc.) I would actually prefer a PC to mac -- far cheaper and more than enough power and reliability. However, I'm starting to move more and more into the "heavier" stuff (slowly but surely :) I'm still a no0b) and I look forward to really taking advantage of what the mac offers.

Oh, and Jaguar is beautiful, powerful and puts windows XP to shame in every single way :).

gekko

ps the iPod is the most amazing, sexy mp3 player on the planet. And it works better w/ iTunes than the PC jukebox software.
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Oh, and Jaguar is beautiful, powerful and puts windows XP to shame in every single way .

I only got XP because it was $5 :) (no I did not burn it, crack it, rip it, etc. Purdue has the sweet, sweet Microsloth deal that brainwashes the students into buying Microsloth software for really cheap). Oh well.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Jun 25 2003, 01:25 PM Wrote:http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20030601

PvPonline is great, for those of you that read it, you'll remember this one.
PVP is good, but of course PA rules over it:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date...002-07-12&res=l