New Variants
Ok, ever since I was little I have loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I still have a few tapes ^ ^. I have decided to make 4 variants, and get them all to lvl 99(yeah right..lol)!! But yeah, I would like to get them to guardians. Ok heres my idea:

Leonardo - Sword/Sword(2 handed swords) Whirling barbarian
Donatello - Staff (beserk? concentrate?) Barb
Raphael - Sword/Sword(1 handed shorter swords) Frenzy barb
Michelangelo (sp?) - Suggestions please... (in the shows he uses numchucks)

Well, I would like gear/strategy suggestions and any help is appreciated, as are comments like "TMNT RULE!!" ^ ^. Thanks.

Sincerely,
layzd

edit: fixed their names :D
Layzdhc
Current project: Werebear (lvl 50)
Future projects: TMNT!!
Michaelangelo (sp?) - Suggestions please... (in the shows he uses numchucks)

Maybe duel wield melee oriented wands(tougher), and/or one handed clubs(club, spiked club, and flails. No maces. mauls, or hammers.)... Two socketed superior ones with Strength RW, might be a good lower level target. Ultimate unique weapons for him would be the upgraded elite scourge version of Baezil's Vortex, or the upgraded elite Tyrant Club version of Flesh Render. Also, I would think his main combat skill would be Frenzy. Although, taking out the bad guys with two ultra high speed flails can take some time, with adequate life and mana leech there is not much to fear before hell. I had a blast with a singing, frenzy flailer using two The General's Tan Do Li Ga flails, two Cathan Seal Rings, Cathans Sigil, Sigons Gage, and Sigons Sabot, all the way through nightmare. B) The only down side was that flails have comparatively little durability, so you will be repairing them quite often.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

What turtle used those small daggers? I think it was the dude with the red bandana. Why not make a martial arts ass for him. Her claws are quite similar. As for Michaelangelo, I'd go for Flails, or if you think that may be to hard, how about a fury mace barb? This gives you better choices at higher difficulties and with the fury animation may look as if a chain was swishing about :P
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Layzd,Jun 25 2003, 05:34 PM Wrote:Ok, ever since I was little I have loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I still have a few tapes ^ ^.  I have decided to make 4 variants, and get them all to lvl 99(yeah right..lol)!!  But yeah, I would like to get them to guardians.  Ok heres my idea:
The original post on this idea came up with using a Werewolf for Splinter and other characters for April and Casey, just as a thought to add some variety.

Quote:Leonardo - Sword/Sword(2 handed swords) Whirling barbarian
Donatello - Staff (beserk? concentrate?) Barb
Raphael - Sword/Sword(1 handed shorter swords) Frenzy barb
Michelangelo (sp?) - Suggestions please... (in the shows he uses numchucks)

Leonardo as the leader should have the range of supportive Warcries.
Donatello had the whole kawabunga thing going (or whatever the word was) so he might be well suited to Leap Attack and some of the hostile warcries.
Raphael would be better off with Heart Carvers I think. :P
Michaelangelo - paired flails. ;)

Quote:Well, I would like gear/strategy suggestions and any help is appreciated, as are comments like "TMNT RULE!!" ^ ^.  Thanks.

Follow that link. A number of options were discussed. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
The A-Team variant:
Hannibal- Paladin, team leader
Baracus- Barbarian, muscle tank
Face- Hmm, Paladin or Druid, methinks, but that's for visual appeal. Gameplay, he'd be a cursing Necromancer since he can beguile and play mind tricks on folks.
Murdoc- hard to define. Could be anybody
Amy- Assassin or Sorceress(In my opinion, Tanya was just a pretty-faced but ineffectual replacement for Amy)

The Wizard of Oz variant:
Dorothy trades in the blue checkerboard plaid for the black leather and iron of the Assassin.
The Tin Man is a Paladin in Signon's Complete Steel.
The Cowardly Lion is a shapeshifter Druid
The Scarecrow is a Necromancer with a scythe.

Then there's the previously detailed Magnificent Seven Ranger team variant, a play on the well-known Seven Samurai Paladin team variant.

The Scooby Doo team variant:
Fred: Paladin
Velma: Assassin or Sorceress
Daphne: Amazon
Shaggy: Non-shapshifting Druid that can summon wolves to play as Scooby, or...
Scooby: Lycanthropathic Druid.

The Three Stooges
Moe: Paladin, or a really masculine Assassin
Larry: Druid
Curly: Barbarian
The chat must be inundated with Stooge-isms, you knuckleheads, and party must play as Hostiles to invite the possibility of getting plinked or whacked by an ally (followed by exclamations of "What's the big idea!?" and "Why I ought 'ta...")
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I would definately give Michalangelo(sp) flails, and short swords or daggers for raphael. Whatever you do, you need to make sure to get green armor and green helmets, putting in an emerald should do the trick. Maybe instead of green helmets give them all there own color, blue, red, purple, and yellow. If only you could see circlets they would be perfect headbands. Casey Jones would definately need a scythe(hockey stick) or a club(baseball bat). And try to get a white mask for him. I guess paladin or druid would look the best. Probobly druid, he wore pretty raggy clothes. Now what enemies look like Shredder, Krang, Beebop and Rocksteady so you can get some turtle power hurtin on.
Shredder would have to be a dual claw assassin! :)
Layzdhc
Current project: Werebear (lvl 50)
Future projects: TMNT!!
Variant is posted over at RBD. We are at a pause presently, eating rice and waiting for the Monsoons to blow over. (IRL, Hurricaine Claudette is about to kick Corpus Christi's fanny for a few days.)

Might you be interested in the team after 1.10 comes out? :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Uhm, actually, I'm fairly certain that Michaelangelo was the most frequent user of "Kawabunga!", Donatello was the most intellectual of the four. Not sure what skills you'd give him for that, though.
"Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him .... (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good).....A super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
Make Donny the Potion/Item Finder, cos he's the scientific one.

And yeah, Raphael should definitely be a claw/claw sin(specifically, scissor katars)

I thought of an "Avengers" team once, but never quite got through with it.

Captain America>>>Smite/Charge Paladin(who else?) :)

The Incredible Hulk>>>Werebear/Baba(considering he can turn into a wolf now, a leaping baba might be a good choice)

Henry Pim/Ant Man/Giant Man>>>Werebear(well, he's the only character who can grow...)

The Scarlet Witch>>>Curse Necro(Preferrably dressed in very feminine red armour LOL)

Quicksilver>>>>Frenzy/WW barb with the fastest possible speed on EVERYTHING

Anyone else? :) Wish I could fit my Inferno/Warmth/FM Sorc in there. :P
Quote:Anyone else?  Wish I could fit my Inferno/Warmth/FM Sorc in there. 

What about Carrie from Stephen King?
Wouldn't that be more like a Blaze/Firewall sorc? Cause I thought I remembered her being a Telepyrokinetic.(able to start fires with her mind) It's too bad the completed Tal Rasha's set doesn't turn you into a Fire Golem. :lol: Hey, somebody send that idea to Blizzard! ;)

Anyway, has anybody thought of other Avengers that can be simulated with D2 characters? :)
hmm, thinking of superheroes and junk, what about The Thing? I'm thinking la necro with a super strong clay golem ^_^ That would be pretty funny.

Torch could be...umm...I'll get back to you on that one =\

Invisible girl could be a fade using assy, or something like that.

Then we have Lady Deathstrike, a dual clawed assy of course.

A hammerdin could make for a funky Magneto :P

I think Jean Grey could be made decently with a mindblast assy.

A druid using ANY of the fire skills could be Pyro.

I think druid can also make a good iceman, too.

Colossus would of course be an ironbarb. It would be cool if there was a Hand to Hand mastery to increase barbs damage with fists, that way he could go bare knuckle w/bash and such :) I actually tried that in HC, named him BrassKnuckles....didn't get too far with him though.

I'll think of others later