Legit Way to Dupe?
I was playing in a IP game with some friends when my assassin died. So I went to recover my corpse and found some magic items when I killed the monster that had killed me. I took the items back to town a placed them on the ground so my friends could see. Then I timed out. When I went back to the game I saw my corpse on the ground in town. This is odd because when I timed out I was in town in Act 1 so nothing could kill me. When I looked in my inventory, I saw the magic items I picked up after I got my corpse the first time. But the exact same items were on the ground in Act 1 still. They were exact duplicates. I could have both of them in my inventory at the same time.
I don't think this kind of duping or any kind of duping is legit, but what do you think? Why did this happen? :ph34r:
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
Obviously a rend in the space time continuum. The only way to remedy it is to immediately turn over the duplicated items to one of the merchants who will see that they are returned back to their original temporal schizm.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Well, this is an IP game, therefore it isn't stored on the servers... therefore it probably doesn't work on B.net...
It's one of those freak accidents. Just sell the extra items, and you no longer have to worry about whether you have accidental dupes or not.
--Mav
Actually this can happen on bnet but it has to be the bnet server that poops out not your connection or computer. I have had items dupe on me this way a couple times while muling. It's really the only way to dupe that can't be fixed on bnet. Fortunately it's also almost totally unpredictable. :P
Hail everybody,

I was wondering how the 'real' duping that everyone's whining and bitching about would work?
I never did, and I wonder how this is possible on the realms. If it's Blizzards server, the chars are stored on their computers. They should do everything that one cannot dupe there, so how can some cheaters dupe?
Is it something like an intentionally accomplished 'realm down' after one has muled the item and the other character has saved the item, so that afterwards the duper still has it in his inventory? That's about the only thing I can think of. I don't understand how they do this, however. I just want to understand why it is so hard to prevent them from doing it, and what they really do.
If someone could please enlighten me.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Hail Fragbait,

The less you know of this subject, the better off you are - my words of advice! While knowledge is power, the power can be misused by the wrong people so I don't feel your question is one that *should* be answered here on these forums, but since you asked, I'll attempt to define it in very generic terms:

Unscrupulous cheaters use a packet-sniffing program to find loopholes in the programming, usually based around movement of the items and their "buffered" state. Through these evil methods, they are able to do an "action" that you would normally do with an item (such as buying an item from the vender) to create a duplicate. Blizzard patches a method and all possible methods related to a particular dupe, and another one pops up. It's a menace and a tragedy and we can only hope that 1.1 will bring about a new age of dupe detection!

Why can't blizzard patch all the possible duping methods? I'm not sure, but as I stated above, 1.1 will hopefully change everything :D
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I'm afraid your wrong, I did mention it in another post. Duping takes place in what are called "bugged" games, this is where B net sends some slightly wrong packages, meaning autamatic saving doesn't takes place (or something like that, im not 100% sure). There is a 0.5% chance of finding one game in a month if you play alot. A red message will apear saying the server is closing down in 5 minutes. In that time it is possible, allthough I don't know how, to dupe items. I found one awhile ago and someone told me this information (not a friend, I play legit, and on finding the game left after killing meph-I was doing 50 runs in a row to see what happened to drops over time).

This method creates permanent dupes, that only disapear if the 2 identical items meet. There are hacks which produce images of items which disapear after a certain amount of time, or straight after trading. I know about this as i traded for an occy, which then disapeared <_<
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
I request that this thread simply stop.

The general Lounge stance is that if your stuff gets duped by a bnet hiccup, either toss them on the ground and leave the game, or sell them to merchants for the gold.

The rest of this conversation is edging toward presenting duping 'how to' advice and has no place here.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Getting too close to the edge. Pointless discussion. Locked.
--Mav