D1 intro .wav
Can anyone tell me where I can download the intro.

dum da rum dum , MUAHAHAHAHA!!
Just search kazaa or google for it, and eventually you will find it. And before anyone else says anything with flamethrower in hand, please read the forums around here before you post. You registered at 11:30 central time and posted half an hour later. And for a question like these, you really don't need to post anything at all.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Why would anyone flame me for a simple question like this? Did I violate any forum guidelines? How am I supposed to find out the answer to my question if I dont post?

No need to answer Thanks for the kazaa info BTW.
Nobody else does. ;)

As to your original question, while I'm not positive, you MAY be able to find the Diablo soundtrack at the Phrozen Keep (http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=121935). At the very least, however, you can grab an MPQ viewer, along with the necessary datafile for viewing the Diablo data .MPQ, from there. Browse the file and extract any .wavs. Take you about 15 minutes, unless you get lost. ;)

Good luck on the hunting! And, although it IS customary to peruse these forums for a period of time before posting, your question wasn't out of line in any way (although, it would have been more appropriate in the Diablo forum ;)). Take care.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I asked before, but I think everyone just kind of looked over it, so I'll ask again.

Where can I find all the music from the original Diablo? Like Tristram, Caves, etc. Is there a site somewhere perhaps? I downloaded an MPQ viewer thing, but I can't seem to figure anything out with it. If anyone could point me to a particularly good extractor and perhaps tell me how I'd go about using it to get the files, that'd be awesome as well.
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
Seems like every few weeks I'm answering this question. ;) Anyway, here goes:

MPQ Viewer / Extractor:
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/filecenter/pafil...ion=file&id=113

Diablo Datafile:
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/filecenter/pafil...ion=file&id=107

Get the Diabdat.mpq file from your Diablo CD, load the datafile into the MPQ viewer, and browse the .mpq file. Set the filter (in the lower right) to *.wav, and cruise through them. You'll find all the music files, as well as every other sound file (including speeches) in there. Pick through, and pull the ones you want. The music SHOULD be near the top, if memory serves, but don't hold me to that.

Good luck. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
pakman,Jun 24 2003, 08:57 AM Wrote:... And before anyone else says anything with flamethrower in hand, please read the forums around here before you post.  You registered at 11:30 central time and posted half an hour later.  And for a question like these, you really don't need to post anything at all.
Bugger off. I posted a mere 19 minutes after I first registered. When is one reasonably suppossed to start posting after they register their name, hmm? Does anyone honestly hold off a day, a week, after registering before they post?

"But they should lurk!" you say. Ever figure that you do not need to register in order to lurk, and that someone who has immediately registered/posted is already familiar with the lay of the land?

Don't ever, ever cite the "You just registered an hour ago..." argument again. It is overladen with fallacies and assumptions that cannot pan out in every instance.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Ah hah! Greatly appreciated! I had tried using that viewer/extractor, but I didn't realize you had to load a datafile as well. Very awesome.
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
Head over to the Suggestion Box Forum and read the discussion of "Waiting Periods."

Waiting Period Thread

Note the comments of MavFin, Bolty, Ice, and a few others.

Your chastising of this fellow was hardly appropriate, per Rhydd's comments.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete