Anyone else jonesing for KOTOR?
I tried to keep myself from reading anything about Knights of the Old Republic, honestly, I did. But I have failed. The Dark Side has lured me into its grasp with the many ecstatic player impressions, website reviews, and screenshots. My only salvation has been the fact that the 20-minute movie I downloaded won't run on a Media Player version before 9...

It's just so horrible and evil that the X-Box version was released last week, but the PC version won't be available until September. I want my Star Wars RPG action, dammit! I want to see my jedi crossing lightsabres with sith! I want to play an arsehole and Force Lightning or Choke anyone who doesn't bow before me! Argh, you evil Bioware...

Anyway, here's some reading material, courtesy of the Something Awful Games forum: KOTOR Impressions & Spoilers, Spoiler-free KOTOR Discussion. And let's not forget Bioware's KOTOR page.

... And Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy is being released at about the same time. Sigh, more drain on the ol' pocketbook. :blink:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Unfortunately, the XBox version seems to have a disturbing amount of game-ending freeze and crash bugs. Anything from setting the wrong date on your XBox to doing the planets in a screwy order seems to have some adverse effects.

One individual I know played the game for 28 hours in a 3 day span (he really liked it :blink: ) and then upon reaching the final planet, the game froze and he lost his save. Yuck. Hopefully the issues will be ironed out prior to the PC verison being released.

Bugs nonwithstanding, it's supposed to be an incredible game though.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
You could play SWG while you wait :P
I'm not qualified to offer an opinion, but I have heard that SWG sucked big.

Perhaps the Vader instinct could be satiated by playing D2 as an assassin (For the black look) playing with psychic hammer for the force grip :P
SWG to me is like the STARWARS universe with 90% of the fun removed. Its really a shame that SWG was hijacked by someone with a rather clear vison that had so little to do with the movies.

The game is like UO in the future. Its great that some eople want that, but I wish SWG hadnt been the medium for that developer to exsprsss himself.
Edit: helps to read
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Random links:

Jedi Name Generator (I'm Brory Anden...)

Class skill/feat/etc info for the number-crunchers.

Man, I don't know how I'm going to manage waiting for this...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I had the chance to play the xbox version of the game and I can simply tell you that the game is worth waiting for. Bioware has created a solid game that is the same quality as Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape:Torment. It feels like a PC RPG (except for the clunky xbox interface) not a console RPG, which was something I was worried about. Now I can't wait for this game, curse you Bioware for giving me a taste and then denying me the banquet.

Korror

(Melee combat goes beyond cool in this game)
Korri cut off an eye stalk and took a good look. Whatever they said, beauty was certainly not in the eye of the beholder. -The Heroic Adventures of Korri Quicklaugh.