Warcraft 3
Hi,

I have just bought warcraft 3 (great game), only problem is that when I start a game I have an invisible curser.

The game requires -256 mb RAM- and i only have 240, is there any other way to get it working than buying more RAM ?

Thanx to those who post B)
Hi,

Last i checked the minium was 128 bits, i should know i been playing beta, i CAN'T wait for it one more month and i get the expac.....!

Also what your graphic card your using,that can be your problem with the invisible pointer, i was using 32bit gelforce2 mx and i have no problems with the graphics

Warcraft 3 is picky with what graphic cards are used, this may another problem your card may not be supported or you need to update you drivers.
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
RAM is so cheap. Get the RAM. Go up to 512, and you will not regret it.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Jun 21 2003, 09:02 PM Wrote:RAM is so cheap.  Get the RAM.  Go up to 512, and you will not regret it.
Yes after looking at how cheap it is these days i proberbly will . . .

I have no experience with replacing graphics cards even though i could proberbly do it, how much would a good GC cost and are they easy to install ?

I do actually play war3 on a differnet computer and war3 expansion looks like quite a treat :rolleyes:

Thanx for replies !
Diablo1ks:

How do you have 240Mb RAM?, have you got some really interesting combination of chips? or do you have some kind of graphics system that pinches 16Mb?

My War3 case says:
128 Mb RAM, 8Mb video card (TNT, i810, Voodoo 3, Rage 128 equivalent or better)

If my hunch about the RAM (graphic pinching it) is correct, I have another hunch that such a graphics system is not equivalent to one of those listed in the requirements - thus the problem. But then I could be, and probably am, wrong.

Wiccan:

128 bits = 16 bytes
128 Mb = 134,217,728 bytes

I'm not being picky - I'd just rather you didn't make a fool of yourself with some less-forgiving group by using the wrong word.

-Bob
buying more ram is not going to fix your problem. I suggest trying out blizzards support site. it's the best support site in the industry, no joke. http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mwr000p

if you cant find your problem there then email them at support@blizzard.com

what are your comps specs? it sounds like a video card problem not a ram problem...
Signatures suck
Bob,Jun 22 2003, 05:03 PM Wrote:How do you have 240Mb RAM?, have you got some really interesting combination of chips? or do you have some kind of graphics system that pinches 16Mb?
Strange as it is my computer came with 112 Ram, I have recently upgraded my Ram +128 to make 240 exactly.

So I think that the graphics card must be the problem, how much for a decent one ?