problems accessing the forums?
Anyone else having problems previewing and posting? I seem to have intermitent access. Sometimes I get the Internal Server Error, sometimes just the Cannot Find Server error.

This just started this afternoon around 3 or so. Nothing has been different on my end of the internet.

(And how appropriate that when I previewed this post, I got the CFS error. :lol: <_<)

*prays that this software's database doesn't end up like the last one*
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
It's not just you. :o
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Yeah, me too. I had to attempt posting a reply to Occhi like 7 or 8 times.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Not just you. I bet it's a problem with the server host. If it's still happening tomorrow, I'll give them a buzz. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience. I heavily recommend copying every post before hitting Reply or Post...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
This happens to me quite often.
Usually I reboot the router and switch the ADSL modem off and then on again to get a new IP, and that solves the problem for me each time.
Feryar,

How long has it been happening for you? Using the forum today, I'm not running into this problem again. Maybe it's cookie-related...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well, it could be cookie-related.
This never happens to me when I'm at my own place, but now that I'm staying at my parents place it happens about 1 out of 10 times. I've been staying with my parents for a month now.
I just shrugged and figured something was wrong with their lousy ADSL, and since reconnecting to the ISP seems to fix it I figured this was a client-side problem. When I saw others had it too, I dropped a post :)

I'm quite sure I won't run into this when I get back home, but I won't find out for another 2 months.
(Thank god for long summer vacations)
It's not because you are at a different place... I ran into it recently (not too long before the first post in this thread was posted) and I am at the regular computer...
It's sporadic.

It can range from trying to post and getting an error page, to trying to load the "View New Posts" to trying to access your "Sent" messages in your Control panel. Copy/pasting a post seems to be a good idea at any time, now. It may or may not take when the button is pushed; if it doesn't, backing up finds a black input screen.

Waiting 10 minutes and trying again sometimes resolves it as if there were no problems at all; it's acting akin to a server load issue. I don't believe this is on the client end... too many of us having the problem.

For the record: IE6, no previous cookie issues.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hi,

Normally I don't like "me too" posts, but this time it's more in the line of another data point.

Sometimes takes two, three attempts to post. Sometimes the main forum screen takes forever to load. Sometimes no problem.

No recent changes on my end. IE6 on a pretty vanilla system. Noting running in the background except the usual suspects.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

That sounds about right. It's got to be serversided. I still think it's weird that reconnecting to my ISP usually solves it, but if so many people are having the same problem then chances are slim it's clientside.

I just got a HTTP 500 when trying to post earlier today, but I don't think that's related.

I'd make an educated guess about what's wrong, but I haven't finished my education yet so I can't ;)
Pete, and for you (as well as me), you didn't see these problems until up around 2 weeks ago, right?

I want to get a time frame for when this all started.

-Bolty
I've only seen this happening in the last few days. I wish I could recall how much before Striker's post it first appeared, but I can't. Take about 6 hours off the posting time next to Striker's post and say it started somewhere there. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Hi,

It hasn't even been a week. Matter of fact, when Striker posted (19th) I hadn't experienced any problems. They became noticeable only in the last two, maybe three, days.

Hope it's a minor glitch ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Yes, it was bad today again for me. I would say it started on the 18th or 19th.

June 24th, 1250 CDT -- Argh, again it took me over 30 attempts to submit an edit to one of my posts.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Sure, it's minor, but it's the minor glitches that are always the most irritating (see Diablo, Diablo II fanboy reactions for evidence).

I'll bring it up with my hosts, but they'll probably say "it's an error with your forum software" while the forum software people will say "it's an error with your host provider."

-Bolty
I would say it is definately something to do with your host. For me, sometimes when I click on add reply, I get an unable to display page error, I hit back, rinse repeat. Eventually it will post, but that may take many tries. They must have done something recently to upgrade/change the supporting software.

Quote: I would say it is definately something to do with your host. For me, sometimes when I click on add reply, I get an unable to display page error, I hit back, rinse repeat. Eventually it will post, but that may take many tries. They must have done something recently to upgrade/change the supporting software.

I was also experiencing the same thing. I havent posted for a few days due to being sick and having to work, however I'd like you to know that I was experiencing the problem everyone else is mentioning starting on June 19th or so.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Bolty,

Just an addition, but I noticed yesterday that some of the pictures that are hosted here (avatars, smilies, etc) don't load up right away. It's fine once I right-click and select "Show picture".

Never noticed it until I saw your avatar show up as the red X. I don't remember if this was a problem when the forums started acting up last week.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?