Rats, drat and assorted expletives deleted
Managed Meph in NM with my lvl 42 Barb. Went to ActIV, saved and exited to run a few errands, do some chores etc. Returned a few hours later, logged in, entered the general bnet channel and perused a series of ongoing games. There, a 29th lvl Necro asking for help with Andy NM. I had no particular 'plans' for this session, so I joined to offer my assistance. The Necro was standing at the last WP so I joined him there. We took off through the various chambers/halls etc, when we pop a door and the room is FILLED with Fallen Shamans. Not a problem. JDIII wades in, couple whoops and hollers, extra life, extra defense. etc etc. Double swing set on the right button, bodies flying, gore piling at my feet. Then...that awful sound we all fear, the screen says, "JDIII killed by Fallen Shaman."...wtf?!?!?!?!? Run back down, run around abit to get them chasing me and away from my corpse, recover my body and gear and tear into them with a vengeance. BAM! Again? Run back down, run around, there arent but 3 or 4 left now. Suddenly I see the problem. MSLE Shaman. No clue how hard he can hit for, but my 512 pt life bubble with 64% Lightning Resist was insufficient to standup to a single burst. *sigh*
Why do I park my car in the driveway, then drive on the parkway?
As to the large number of Shaman present, it may have been two Shaman boss packs. I've seen them generate in those levels, and they just light the place up with crossfire.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
lol, I thought you here playing Hardcore for a moment there...

Anyway, mind you that in Hardcore people have way over 1k HP (a barb/druid with less than 1k in around level 60 is unheard of) and the MSLE are the most dreaded monster in the game (Unless you got T-Gods etc'), MSLE and an Ancients group with a cursed thrower and an extra strong extra fast jumper (Korlic?) in hell.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
You should try a Physical Immune, Conviction Aura enchanted, Mana Burn MSLE when you're a barbarian :P... Nothing can beat that :P (almost nothing)
DarkDwarf,Jun 19 2003, 08:59 PM Wrote:You should try a Physical Immune, Conviction Aura enchanted, Mana Burn MSLE when you're a barbarian :P... Nothing can beat that :P (almost nothing)

running into one of those...

;) isn't that what "Save and Exit" is for? lol
Why do I park my car in the driveway, then drive on the parkway?
DarkDwarf,Jun 19 2003, 08:59 PM Wrote:You should try a Physical Immune, Conviction Aura enchanted, Mana Burn MSLE when you're a barbarian :P... Nothing can beat that :P (almost nothing)
heh, why mana burn when you can add spectral hit, Cold and Fire enchanted?

And then even a sorc will die to easily... MSLECEFE bosses are the meanest
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Jun 20 2003, 09:16 AM Wrote:MSLECEFE bosses are the meanest
That's arguable. With the Fire Damage having such a limited range, it won't be carried on the Lightning very far.

Aura Enchanted bosses are a more frequent catalyst for misery IMO. While LEBs are quickly detected and and avoided, the surprise value of having regular monsters amped to one-hit killing power when you draw near a Might Boss in Hell just hurts. I've had a couple of games like that where one touch from anything on the screen was enough to pull up a "You Have Died" message. <_<

And apparently Defensive Auras are too crappy for monsters to bother with, so it's only the Paladin that loses a skill tree to the damn things. <_<
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Try a multishot, lightning enchanted, cold enchanted, conviction aura enchanted, extra strong, extra fast, cursed, stone skin horadrim ancient, next to a multishot, lightning enchanted, cold enchanted, fanatacism aura enchanted, extra strong, extra fast, fire enchanted, spectral hit horadrim ancient. (They can ressurect each other) Or two of those as sextons or cantors or which ever ones heal others... they can heal each other. :) And tack on a few different immunities to both in each of those scenarios...

//Edit: In Hell. Imagine corpse recovery then... Also, with the Horadrim Ancients, they have lots of skeletons at their command, blocking the path to them...