Motion to Formally Adopt Elric's Etiquette Page
Elric's Lurker Lounge Etiquette

I'd like to see it up there alongside the Rules and FAQ, more or less in its entirety (minus the Quenya), so that we no longer have those among us who claim: "What rules? What etiquette? What link? What-ever."

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Isn't it more fun to deal with breaches the old-fashioned way? ;)
My axe craves blood! :angry:

B)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Nico, I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

It aint easy, being a pain in the arse to twits, but some one has to do it. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I fail to see the point. What exactly are you hoping this will accomplish?

The way I see it, there are two types of people we as a group find "objectionable:" those who don't get it, and those who don't care.

Now, the second group probably can't even read said informal guide, and they certainly won't bother. The only thing they respond to is direct, head on assaults. So we could post up hundreds of guides, rules, and FAQ's, and we'd still have them to deal with.

The first group, on the other hand, simply don't understand the idea of lurking before posting -- they make an account and pop up their thread without the first clue of what is expected here. These are typically only a problem for 1 or 2 posts -- until the etiquette is pointed out to them, at which time they apologize and (hopefully) improve.

The fact is that posting another guide simply won't solve anything. Those that are a problem don't go around reading the guides.

A more realistic option would be to put in a waiting period -- say 3 days or a week -- between registration and the ability to post. While that won't guarantee that new posters will lurk before posting, it will help with many people who fit into the second group mentioned above.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I'd have to agree with Nico on this one. Elric's guide is in a rather obscure place, and some people might be able to adapt. The rest can be whacked with a trout.

It won't solve all the problems, but I feel that there were people that would have done better had the guide been there. :)

Just a sticky thread could do. :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Very OT here, but nice avatar- PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Hail Archon Wing,

You know, originally (before I was an Admin here), I used to do what Shadow and Nico do: I originally made the Etiquette guide as a quick and easy way to explain why I was hitting idiots with my trout. I'd just link them to that and say which one they had not followed :)

Oh, and Nico, what's wrong with the Quenya bit? It's the most important one of all ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
It helps most of us salvage what's left of our sanity.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
BTW, I should mention that I do think Elric's guide should be read by all :). I just don't think that simply making it more "official" will really solve anything.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Nico, we're discussing it internally - looks like we'll have a link up there called "Etiquette" or something.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thank you, muchly.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Etiquette link is up!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
. . . the Lounge approaches perfection :)

Thanks, Bolty.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

For making the guide in the first place. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete