Must .... control.... Anger....
Either it's on the keyboard because it's a Spanish keyboard, or he used the ASCII code. Hold down Alt and type 164 on the keypad with NumLock turned on.

-Mortilator
Nico, I didn't realize one had to be an English Major to post here, im sorry, I'll refrain from further posting until I can change classes ;) . I think that anyone would write poorly under such rage and stress but, I could be wrong. Id just like you to stop attacking me personally and make your point without insult, the others here seems to do this without any problem but you come back again and agin to me, what is your problem? I used to be a lurker on this forums for a long time in classic and some of the early days of LoD beta, It was a friendly place and up until now I have never had reason to question that. So, to sum it up for you:

1) Plz, get off my back, if I use internet slang like thnx, gg, omfg, and you don't like it, tell me about it without insulting me.

2) Your point was taken when you first posted, I only called your a Nazi because you threw dirt first.

Take this into consideration when you post in the future, im sure you will make more friends this way. :D
Hi,

im sure you will make more friends this way.

Much like the Lounge, I'd go for quality not quantity. I have no desire for "friends" who don't care for either how they express themselves or where. I enjoy the company of rational beings much more.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Like this? ñ

Hmm, when I held down 'Alt' and typed, all I got was little Windows bells ringing. However, I was using the numbers above the letters of the QWERTY setup. :P Then, I used the same steps on the number keypad and voila, there it went. Thanks. :)

I guess I need to dig through the ASCII dictionary one of these days . . .
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Nico, Orpheus, you're both right and you're both wrong, let's move on with this.

Nico's right in that the community here (myself included) greatly prefers the written word over "l33tsp33k." This means most abbreviations, such as the most egregious "u." Using OMFG or something akin to that once or twice in a long post is one thing; filling a post with those statements gets irritating. Nico is however wrong in resorting to the personal attacks. They are unnecessary because we all agreed with his stance anyway - our goal has always been to shun anyone who comes by talking like "omfg that wuz kewl d00d, u shuld hav sen it. He wuz r0x0rreeed!!1111!!11"

Orpheus, you're right in that Nico was blasting you personally; however, you're wrong because you started it, presenting the most cliche'd response that exists - calling him a Nazi. You're apparently not aware of the Internet adage formed from Usenet that the first person to call the other a Nazi is the loser of any argument. And you started off with it!

Let's end it here, we all get the point. Part and be friends for next time, okay?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
no text
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Occhi hit the nail right on the head here. I'm one of the most confrontational people I know -- I love a good argument, sarcasm is king, and ruffling people the wrong way can be very fun at times. However, even I don't always like the way Nic posts. He's very harsh.

But I much prefer his posts to the alternative.

Could the problems be solved without the sarcasm? Sure. But without at least a few ruthless members here to flame people, the quality of this forum goes down.

The point is that even if you disagree with the harshness of Nic's posts, maybe you should think twice before being offended or jumping to the the defence of his target.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Thank you bolt for setting things strait.

@Gekko, I know I was wrong in immidiatly calling him a Nazi but, plz tell me you wouldn't take offense at being called a 12 year old vally girl when you are a 20 year old male? <_< Didn't think so...
OrpheusPrime, please read this; How to Write Like a Wanker. And, please don't take it as an insult. Really, for those who have posted in forum's for many years, some things just keep happening over, and over, and over.

Nico is just vocalizing a frustration that has been building up on this board for some time. I don't know why, but there have just been quite a few poorly written posts in the Lounge lately. Some of the netizens here care about the pond we all swim in, and so do not want to see it polluted. Please respect that.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

:lol: Lesson learned , or an intermittent keyboard ? ;) I usually stare at my keys as I type - I still have many spelling errors , and most of those I catch as I reread my post before clicking "Add Reply" . :P

//I'm still chuckling at the image conjured up by Peggy Hill in an Assassins get up :lol: //

..... must check out this "How to write like a Wanker" :D
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
"Preview Post" is your friend. :)

It sure is mine. When I fail to use that button, my errors that get passed to the readership here skyrocket. When I use it, wonder of wonders, they decrease.

*Grumbles about cause and effect relationships*
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I'm not for want with the post previews, as my Engrish is irrevocably impeccable.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I guess I just don't care enough to proofread my entire post before I post it. Shucks.
Quote:I used to use it since it gave me easy access to things like the degree mark, °, and mu, µ, which I needed all the time.

<snip>

Quote:Finally, you could find a list of extended ASCII values. Such a list will give you the Alt+keystroke values for all the ASCII characters. For instance Alt+0241 will give you ñ.

Heh, one of the few things I remember from my Engineering classes in college was that Alt+248 produced a nice °. I don't think I'll ever forget it, either.
Right, then. I'm going to try to bring this into your comprehension as GENTLY as I possibly can.

It's been brought to your attention, not once, not twice, but FOUR times in the space of this single thread that you need to bring your writing skills up to par with what's found to be acceptable on this forum. This is not the demand of a single member; this is not the irrelevant actions of a bored curmudgeon. This is an expectation from every member on this entire board. Not only do you have myself, ShadowHM, Occhidiangela, Pete, kandrathe and gekko echoing this... you have the input from Bolty, who happens to own (not just administer) this board. One would think that this degree of feedback, from such a level, would cause you to pause and take stock of the situation.

And your reaction upon having Bolty step in to stop the disagreement? A hearty thank you, followed by additional comments about how you were hurt and a further arguing for support of your position. This was a bad move. When an Admin posts a "stop it", you STOP IT. You don't say "Yes, sir... BUT". Once again, something you would have been aware of, and possible not stepped in, had you taken the time to stop, look, listen and read.

Quote: I guess I just don't care enough to proofread my entire post before I post it. Shucks.

And with that, you've made yourself a bigger hole. In the space of a single thread and four posts, you've indicated that:

1.) You don't agree with the Forum mores.
2.) You don't care about the Forum mores.
3.) You don't listen to the Admins who instruct you to follow the Forum mores.
4.) You don't intend to try to change your ways.

Posting in a sloppy manner is the equivalent of going outside without taking a shower, shaving, brushing your hair or your teeth. It puts yourself forward as uncaring, sloppy and repugnant. You don't care enough to proofread your post? Others won't care enough to read your words. You will be air. You will be spam. You will be a fart in a windstorm: annoying but irrelevant.

Allow me to extend a RARE offer of assistance. There is a program called "iespell". It can be downloaded here. It is a plug-in that works with your IE browser, seamlessly. Upon finishing a post, before hitting "Add Reply", simply right-click anywhere on the current window and choose "Check spelling". It cannot be any simpler than this. There cannot be any excuse to not do so.

You claim to be attending Florida State University. Surely you must be well aware of the academic requirements for submission of any written work. Proper English, grammar, usage of topic sentences, spacing of paragraphs, cohesive thought... I'm certain this is ringing a bell with you. The Lurker Lounge expects and RESPECTS similar thoughtful and gainful usage of the written word that occurs when such literary conventions are followed.

Does that, finally, get the point across?

I can appreciate that you don't want to be compared to an air-headed 12 year old Valley girl. So prove me wrong by no longer writing or pouting like one. The onus isn't on me, OrpheusPrime. I don't have anything to prove. You, however, are already in a hole... and seem intent on digging rather than climbing.

And THAT , "friend", is about as gentle as I can be to present your mistakes to you.

*looks at Bolty* I need a beer. I think I just lost 6 months off my life writing this thing. *mutters and stalks off*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
*Gives Nicodemus a beer

Enjoy!! You deserve it.
Raz
Ha! I tend to forget about preview post, but the edit button sure is great. I'm sure anyone who has read any of my posts that happen to be around a minute old agrees with that. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Did you actually find a typo in that post, Archon, or did you edit it just for fun? :P

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
I agree with the other posters, in that posts like yours are not welcome here. I think the issue here is more than just your use of l33t speak, annoying as that may be. The crux of the matter is that you posted something completely pointless. Yes you lost equipment. Yes it sucks. But really, so what? Before you post something, ask yourself "why should anyone care?". It's clear that you didn't care enough to make your post relevant or legible, and remember that you if you don't care then it's likely that no else does either. So in that case, why don't you save some of your time and Bolty's bandwidth and just not say anything at all
Hi, Orpheus.

If I remember correctly, you used to post on the necromancer forums? Welcome to the Lurker Lounge.

Nobody expects you do write great novels or thesis and nitpicking spelling errors often leads you to realize that you probaly have glass windows. However, it's best to not pretend it's IRC which demands a response in .001 seconds.

I don't exactly type in the most elegant way possible, and I don't even profead much. *Dodges flying objects* However, it's a good idea to know what you are going to talk about before you say it. I don't really remember being yelled at despite the fact that I am not a English major or that I won't spend hours on a single post. I spend around 3 minutes posting and 15 editing.

I keep saying to people, if people can't easily understand what you are saying, you're better off not saying anything. It's not like what you write is that awful, but some people have to waste time decyphering it.

Break your ideas into sententces. Puncuation helps. I don't really care if you don't capitalize every single word that needs to be captitalized, but puncuation just makes everything easier. When something gets too long, break it into paragraph. And finally, if it's really too much work, make your posts as short as possible. It's best to be concise.

Another thing is that while some people did not really have the nicest response in crticism, you still have to take into consideration. Just like someone saying "This book is poorly organized and sucks." If enough people say that, you know something is wrong. Of course, being vague is also bad, so make sure they eloborate. I'm not saying they are right in doing this, but attacking back just shows oversenstivity. You don't have to take their advice. But like I said, if enough people complain, you can't deny there's something wrong.

See you around.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)