Numerology speculation...
This is just a rabbit out of a hole, but seeing as how D2 was released 2000-06-28 and the expansion was 2001-06-28, you don't suppose maybe they're targetting 1.1 for 2003-06-28, do you?

Nah, that'd be too "demon machine" even for Blizzard, so sayeth The Hermit.

"Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und keine eier." Tool - Die Eier von Satan
Quote:This is just a rabbit out of a hole, but seeing as how D2 was released 2000-06-28 and the expansion was 2001-06-28, you don't suppose maybe they're targetting 1.1 for 2003-06-28, do you?

It's quite an interesting thought, but I doubt that Blizzard could target *any* date. They seem to have a few problems with predicting the release of the patch.

Then again, maybe it's all a big conspiracy B)
Well, it do happen to be both a possible date (I don't think the patch is *that* far away... stupid and gullible as I am) and is an interesting thought. GFraizer has compared 1.10 to a "free expansion" so we'll see.. :) Flux said that he had been told they'll announce an updated ETA at the fansite chat. I sooo much hope they'll say that the QA period is over and they're mostly wrapping things up and it's due to a release in the week after that chat unless something truly unexpected happen... *sigh* Or will they, for the umpteenth time, give us an estimate they'll fail to meet. Grr... I'd rather have them keep quiet about it if they're so unsure as they clearly are. :(
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
I hope they release it on 2003-06-24 since that is my birthday. :)
<whisper>7 days...</whisper> (including today)
My brother mentioned that Blizzard always seems to release patches for their games right at the same time as they release a new product. I don't know to what extent he was right, but Warcraft 3 Expansion is coming out when? start of July?

- Dagni
Hi,

My brother mentioned that Blizzard always seems to release patches for their games right at the same time as they release a new product.

Yeah. The reason is that they want to patch the old games to "get along" with the new games on battle.net and also to show the avatars of the new games. So, yes, they usually do release patches for old games when they release a new one. However, *most* of the patches they release have nothing to do with new games. And considering how long 1.10 has been in the works, I sincerely hope they aren't holding it back just to add some graphics for another game.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

The badnwidth issue when the patch is released will be serious. No matter what Blizz says, this WILL be a bigger than usual patch, considering that we're going to be having new graphics, a new 'welcome screen' a War3 picture for chat etc. with all the millions of D2 gamers trying to get the thing at once, Blizz will be in meltdown trying to send it out, and then the servers will be trying to host everyone playing. However, many people who play Blizz games play several, and so they are probably hoping that some of the D2 players will be playing War3:TFT and thus will not be expecting a D2 patch, as they'll be playing War3:TFT, those that don't play War3:TFT will then get the patch, and then the news will filter through and the D2 players will go for it a day or two later - meaning that sending the patch out to everyone will be staggered, and they may stand a chance of doing a good job of it.
That's my theory anyway.

-Bob
DSTheHermit,Jun 18 2003, 03:36 PM Wrote:This is just a rabbit out of a hole, but seeing as how D2 was released 2000-06-28 and the expansion was 2001-06-28, you don't suppose maybe they're targetting 1.1 for 2003-06-28, do you?
That would stink since I'm on vacation and away from the computer from the 28th onward. ;)
Well here it is 6-29-03 and no patch....yep.....still waiting... <_<
Stupid is as Stupid does.
Quote:Well here it is 6-29-03 and no patch....yep.....still waiting... <_<

Yep, better prepare to wait.
g33k
Heh. <_<
Oh, that's an easy one. Ya got the year wrong! They'll release the patch 6-28 alright, in 2004. :blink:

I mean it's obvious. They're releasing a screen shot on skills and items every Monday. Lot's of items left. So, even when the patch is ready, they'll want to wait and release more teasers 1st. :P
Well, June 6th 2006 seems a likely date for a new version of D2 (6/6/6) ? But I hear the patch will be here Real Soon™&reg;&copy; now...
I think when blizzard says "soon" they mean it in a ratio of 5 months to 1.5 year... long-term thinking if you will. :P
This is an interesting little thread over at The Amazon Basin. Little films about the new patch (even one called "Real Soon"!)

D2 Movies

If you feel inspired to make your own movies, you can do it here.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Well 1.5 years is not very long at all... on a cosmic scale that is! :lol:
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion