any new rune words on ladder?
Just wondering, are there any new hidden runewords on B.Net?

I joined a game named "Obedience" so was wondering what it meant, then the character in that game showed me that Obedience item... (it was on B.Net USWest Ladder, in a hell diff game).

It's allegedly a new runeword that works on 5-socket polearms (at least that's what the guy told me). He showed me on the trade screen his Obedience Cryptic Axe. It has some godly stats -- 380%ED, 40% CB, res all +28%, 40% FHR, -25% enemy fire res, and a few others.

The runes are Hel-Ko-Thul-Eth-Fal. He says they only work on polearms. I mentioned whats the %ED on this runeword and surprising he said 370%ED (but his cryptic axe showed 380%ED so it must be that his prior-to-socketing cryptic axe was a superior version with maybe 10%ED or more).

Can anyone confirm if this is a new runeword (or perhaps Blizzard is testing them out only)?
Yes, it's a new runeword.

Why is this post in the maggot lair? There are posts about the new runewords in the other forums here, over at the AB, and it's even mentioned with a link to the recipes on the Arreat Summit. It would've taken you less long to look than it did to type out this post ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Oops, sorry... just goes to show that I don't link to the LL front/news page but directly to the forums page... I had searched Google for "Obedience" runeword but no correct info was retrieved. I had first thought that the player was touting a bugged/hacked item which was why I posted here in the buggy forum.

Hmm.. I just checked some of them (Arreat Summit's page) and noticed their power (compared to the runes level) that some seem pretty overpowered while some are underpowered?? But perhaps the discussion should be continued in the other forums...

~~~

Hmm. on second thought I was wondering why somebody was trading for a 4socket monarch (I had one on mule; I had muled various odd stuff) but I knew there was no 4-socket runeword shield (apart from Exile). So I gladly traded away my 4-socket monarch (which had been sitting in mule for quite some time already) for a Lem rune. When I asked the guy what he was going to used but he didn't reply, just gladly gave me the Lem rune for my monarch shield and left... So there's indeed a new 4 socket sword OR shield runeword (strange)

{End thread}
Yeah, that would be the Spirit runeword, which you totally glossed over in your over/underpowered trip through the 23 new runewords.

4 Socket Swords/Shields
Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn

Weapons
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+250 Defense Vs. Missile
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana (varies)
+3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)

Shields
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense Vs. Missile
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana (varies)
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

This is one of those severly overpowered runewords ... the lowest strength 4-socket shield you can use that is NOT paladin-only is the Monarch (at 156 str). 4-socket crystal swords and high-res all 4-socket pally shields (non-ethereal) are currently in high demand, though 4-socket monarchs are still running something between um and ist, for most realms.
Skie_M,Jan 14 2005, 01:58 PM Wrote:This is one of those severly overpowered runewords ... the lowest strength 4-socket shield you can use that is NOT paladin-only is the Monarch (at 156 str).  4-socket crystal swords and high-res all 4-socket pally shields (non-ethereal) are currently in high demand, though 4-socket monarchs are still running something between um and ist, for most realms.
[right][snapback]65402[/snapback][/right]

That is so funny. I am chuckling into my coffee as I type this.

A few weeks ago, Shadow was looking for a four socketed Monarch. I had a Monarch and burned a Socket quest on it: it came up a 4, and there was great rejoicing! Friends: more than a chat function on bnet. :D I have been a similar beneficiary of gifts from friends.

The item madness on the realms still makes me giggle.

I wonder if anyone wants a Schaeffer's Hammer, Hardcore, that I found last night on West? I am not sure I want to level my Hammer/Mace Barbarian up to 79 in order to use it.

Or have various rune words made that item obselete and "just another POS unique?"

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 22 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:A few weeks ago, Shadow was looking for a four socketed Monarch.  I had a Monarch and burned a Socket quest on it: it came up a 4, and there was great rejoicing!  Friends: more than a chat function on bnet. [right][snapback]68656[/snapback][/right]

*grins* And last night I got to put another link in the chain: Zed asked if anyone had a four socket monarch, and I had just found a white one.

btw....Huckleberry is very very happy with his invisible Spirit Shield. Thanks again, Occhi.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Occhidiangela,Feb 22 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:That is so funny.  I am chuckling into my coffee as I type this.
[right][snapback]68656[/snapback][/right]

I've been playing USWest ever since the WoW beta ended. I started with a Fireball/Orb sorceress, with a good idea of what gear I planned on giving her. One of these items would be a "Rhyme" Grim Shield. A 2 socket Grim Shield can't be that hard to find, can it?

Well, I now have a lvl 78 Sorceress, a lvl 69 Necromancer, a lvl 40 Necromancer, and a lvl 28 Sorceress.

I have yet to find a stupid 2 socket Grim Shield. My lvl 78 Sorceress is using a Steelclash for some reason :wacko:
DeeBye,Feb 22 2005, 06:38 PM Wrote:I've been playing USWest ever since the WoW beta ended.  I started with a Fireball/Orb sorceress, with a good idea of what gear I planned on giving her.  One of these items would be a "Rhyme" Grim Shield.  A 2 socket Grim Shield can't be that hard to find, can it?

Well, I now have a lvl 78 Sorceress, a lvl 69 Necromancer, a lvl 40 Necromancer, and a lvl 28 Sorceress.

I have yet to find a stupid 2 socket Grim Shield.  My lvl 78 Sorceress is using a Steelclash for some reason  :wacko:
[right][snapback]68766[/snapback][/right]

Hard core or soft core? I may be able to oblige you, and will keep an eye out on the next HC run.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 23 2005, 01:37 AM Wrote:Hard core or soft core?  I may be able to oblige you, and will keep an eye out on the next HC run.

Occhi
[right][snapback]68786[/snapback][/right]

SC, account name *DeeBye
DeeBye,Feb 22 2005, 08:38 PM Wrote:I have yet to find a stupid 2 socket Grim Shield.  My lvl 78 Sorceress is using a Steelclash for some reason  :wacko:
[right][snapback]68766[/snapback][/right]
Rhyme heater all the way! Its harder to find than a grim shield, but it is just as good as a grim shield.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
DeeBye,Feb 22 2005, 11:54 PM Wrote:SC, account name *DeeBye
[right][snapback]68789[/snapback][/right]

When are you usually on? I may be able to come up with something pretty soon. Will check a few mules.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 23 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:When are you usually on?  I may be able to come up with something pretty soon.  Will check a few mules.

Occhi
[right][snapback]68845[/snapback][/right]

I'm usually on around 8pm Eastern, but not every day.