aura question
Hello Diablo-addicts!
I have an aura-only paladin, the auras I have invested in are concentration, conviction and salvation. Concentration and conviction are now both maxed and salvation is lvl7, what auras should I now invest in, any suggestions?
[I]-would you care to join us?
- why, are you coming apart?
Holy freeze or Holy shock, I would say.
Notefreak, are you like a passive aura Paladin like some that I have seen(ie you do no fighting)? If you are then instead of Holy Shock you might want Meditation to help out some spellcasters, or Redemption if you don't want to rely on potions. If you fight, then you might want Defiance or Blessed Aim to help out your Attack Rating since you don't use Combat Skills.
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
It sounds as if you are trying to build a support character as opposed to a mêlée character, based on the auras you have selected.

Holy Shock is very handy for Physical Immunes, but doesn't affect anyone but your character. Sanctuary is utterly awesome when maxed against Undead of any kind, including PI's, but also only affects your character.

Holy Freeze is very useful but many players hire Holy Freeze mercenaries, so it would not be as helpful for you to place points there.

I would look at the defencive auras some more, if that is the direction you are taking your character.

Slvl 12 salvation will render all summons (except for ShadowMaster and ShadowWarrior) immune to elemental damage. You might want to drop the extra five points there to make it happen. Summoner Druids and Necros will love that.

Spell casters will love you for Meditation. And, if you still have points to spare after all that, Cleansing is another helpful aura for in between fights.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Fanaticism, hands down. It is by far the best aura to flash with Concentration, or any other aura for that matter. Not only does it give the best bonuses, but it does not have any flashing delay! It takes effect on allies immediately when you switch it on! :)

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
notefreak,Jun 16 2003, 09:41 AM Wrote:Hello Diablo-addicts!
I have an aura-only paladin, the auras I have invested in are concentration, conviction and salvation. Concentration and conviction are now both maxed and salvation is lvl7, what auras should I now invest in, any suggestions?
I would of only put 1 point into Salvation because with +skill items, 1 is more than enough.

*If* you wanted to take on an attack, since you maxed Concentration, I'd suggest Blessed Hammers as great fun and a fantastic party skill.

If you insist on just being a aura-only paladin, I'd HIGHLY reccommend maxing Meditation for when traveling with Bone Spearing Necros and especially Sorceress... and Amazons for that matter. An aura-only paladin in the new ladder would be the best party member to ask for.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Dont forget prayer! Iv never done a healer pally before but im sure maxed preayer would be well appreciated by any class and if you use medetation/redemption every once in a while you will have plenty of mana to use it (prayer drains mana).