Perfect Sorc Stats?
Hello Lurkers,
I have a uestion for anyway who wishes t answer.(preferably sorc master) What is the best way to plan your sorc stats? I just started a new sorceress adpersonally i think it's extremely good..wel kinda..what i want to know is really what should your stats be ... thank you if you do answer.i hope to get some good info..

-Magus

If you nt to play with me on LODjust message m.. my accountis Menion_Leah...
Your attribure point investments should support the skill selection you are going for :huh: and since you've made no mention of that, the best I can come up with is her Strength would most likely be a long way shy of 200. :huh:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
WarBlade,Jun 15 2003, 08:00 PM Wrote:Your attribure point investments should support the skill selection you are going for :huh:  and since you've made no mention of that, the best I can come up with is her Strength would most likely be a long way shy of 200. :huh:
Somewhat true... It's mostly dependent on your gear. I've made standard CB (or Nova)/TS/Orb with full Damage-Reduce gear (which requires a LOT of strength and dexterity for a solid build) and with a typical sorceress set up of shako, lidless wall, occulus, sojx2, maras amulet, skin of the viper magi, etc. (which required under 100 strength with combined items and no dexterity, which allowed me a LOT of life).

Typically, there is one stat that stays the same regardless of gear, but is more based on skills and that is Energy. Your gear and performance in the different difficulties will ultimately lead you to put more or less points into Energy, as will your Warmth level, but you can use this as a guideline which seems to work best for me:

MAIN FOCUS:---ENERGY:
Nova------------160+
Charged Bolt--100
Meteor----------120+
Chain Lightening-140
Orb--------------100

Good luck on your build.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Just wondering about your statement on Meteor:
Quote:Meteor----------120+

Meteor has a casting delay of 1.2 secs, and at slvl 20 it costs: 26 Mana. Why would one need 120+ Energy?
I'd rather go with 100 Energy or so then.

If you go with Frostnova as primary or secondary skill together with Meteor however, I'd even recommand 175+ Energy. It's quite costly.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Hello, :blink:
Thak you both for the information, i ll be sure to use to better my sorc. Thank you again.

-Magus
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-Sir Stephen Henry Roberts
If you wear Gloom's Trap, two SOJs, Silkweaves, Magefiasts/Frosties(either one) and Lidless wall, no skill besides perhaps nova will drain your mana fast enough to require more than one point in warmth and 100 energy.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Fragbait,Jun 16 2003, 01:07 AM Wrote:Just wondering about your statement on Meteor:
Quote:Meteor----------120+

Meteor has a casting delay of 1.2 secs, and at slvl 20 it costs: 26 Mana. Why would one need 120+ Energy?
I'd rather go with 100 Energy or so then.

If you go with Frostnova as primary or secondary skill together with Meteor however, I'd even recommand 175+ Energy. It's quite costly.

Greetings, Fragbait
Hail Fragbait,

I used meteor in conjunction with hydra and orb. All these skills seem to use up mana faster than... well lets just say its gone before you know it. Even though they all have timers, I cast one, quickly change spells to cast the other, and so on and by the time I'm done with this tri-combination, its time to start casting spell #1 in the trio list again, so the mana keeps getting burned at an incredible rate.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Dozer,Jun 16 2003, 09:21 AM Wrote:If you wear Gloom's Trap, two SOJs, Silkweaves, Magefiasts/Frosties(either one) and Lidless wall, no skill besides perhaps nova will drain your mana fast enough to require more than one point in warmth and 100 energy.
Hail Dozer,

I couldn't disagree more. With an 8 FPS casting speed, my DR sorceress using only Charged Bolt level 36 and a Warmth level 18, I burned through mana so fast in cows, albeit a lot of the mana drain was undoubtedly from mana shield. When I stood still, my mana fully regenerated in about 20 seconds or less, however the point is that I had 120 Energy with the best gear (I'm not being chauvinistic, I'm serious) a DR sorceress can have and still barley managed to have enough mana at times. If my gear was any less up to par or I had any less energy, it would of been a challenge so great, I most likely would of died long ago.

My whole point in saying this is that at 8 FPS, you can really burn a lot of mana quickly and if you get hit a lot, you can ensure that much more mana loss from Mana Shield. So theres another variable... how do you play your character? Up front and personal or in the back and cautious?
OK, first decide what your sorc is made for (ie:what she kills). Is she going to kill other players (will need acurate high damage skills such as ts and nova), is she made for killing large clumps of monsters (wide range skills such as meteor, fire wall, ice orb, frost nova, nova) or for killing nasty bosses (good for mf runs, etc. needs similar skills to pvp, but preferably ones that can be used with low qual gear, that can be fired from a distance).

Then decide what skill(s) you are going to invest in. Recently i made a meteor/orb/hydra/fire mastery sorc. Look at the mana requirements for each skill that you are investing in. For my sorc these were low mana costs, so i have very little energy.

Then decide what gear your sorc is going to use, and make sure she has the dex/strength to use the gear. any remaing points i would invest in vitality (or a few in energy if you feel she doesn't have enough mana)

Then sit back, relax, and enjoy your wonderfull sorc :D
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Strength: 156
Dex: Base: 25 (base)
Vitality: 369
Energy: 35 (base)

Who needs energy? Real sorcs drink rejuvs :D

Just put Telekinesis on a hotkey and you'll never run out of potions ;)
Zath -

I concurr. I NEVER put a single point into energy, on any character except necromancers. (Haven't found a way around it yet) My lvl 84 sorc has maxed nova, orb, light mastery, and high level warmth and TS. Also a couple of points into static. (And by a couple I mean around 16 or so. :P I like my static.) She uses shako, tals armor/ammy, wizzy, SS, SOJ, Raven, Travs, Frostburns. She has minimum dex/str for her items, and the rest into vitality. She also has max block. Right now at lvl 89 she is looking about 1100 life and 1100 mana.

Static. Static. Static. Orb. Nova x 76574. Mana Regenerates quickly by the time I find next herd of cows.

Swiftslayer2
I thought you said you were a newb?!!

Rofl, I may try something similar. my sorc has around the same vit and is the same level as yours, so shes not doing too badly :P

And make a corpse explosion/amp damage nec, with some other skills. He wont need energy. My nec needs as much energy as possible, to keep up all of his summons. he has over 1500 mana :D
What is this life if, full of care

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,