Telekinisis
When I was a sorc I activated a poison shrine and the usual clouds of pioson surruonded the shrine. The funny thing is I was standing some distance away from the shrine but all the potions dropped at my feet. Is this a feature or a bug? :huh:
I have my own signature. Yay.
I'd say feature. I recall the same thing happening with gem shrines. It's a gift from the shrine, so it appears next to you :).
Hum, that’s interesting. When I see the poison shrines and I need some starting cash, I always hit them and run, returning after the poison has diminished to pick up the potions for much needed gold. I don't ever recall having seen the potions drop anywhere other than around the shrine because I always run away and I have to wait for the poison cloud to go away before picking up the poison potions. Then again, I've never really made a conscious effort to notice rather they drop closer to me than the shrine before the poison cloud takes effect. If I weren't so tired right now, I'd go test it out.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
You don't need to run, neither the Poison shrines nor the Exploding shrines affect players or their allies

(Not sure if it would work on a hostile player)
You're sure? I never knew that. I always run from them, then come back for the potions. Or just ignore them later in the game when cash isn't an issue. Thanks for the tip.

Orbert
Liza Bow 83, Polgara Tri-Sorc 82, Jane Jav 81, Kathryne Sassy 79, Bellina Xbow 78
Alfredo AxeBarb 81, Bob Pal 80, Zachary Necro 78, Merrick Werewolf 78

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
It could be that the potions drop where you were standing when it was activated. So even if you're five yards away when the potions drop because you ran away, they drop next to the shrine. But if you activate it from five yards away with telekinises, It drops where you were when you activated it. I suppose you could test this by marking your spot, activating the shrine with telekinisis and then running away.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
I don't know if this is in the public domain yet, but there's a bug with telekenesis that's been around forever which basically means that if you are attacking a monster/player with telekenesis, the spell will only do damage when it stuns.

So instead of only stunning 1/3 of the time and damaging all the time, telekenesis will only damage whenever it "hits".
Disarm you with a smile Smile
Quote:So instead of only stunning 1/3 of the time and damaging all the time, telekenesis will only damage whenever it "hits".

Whats the % chance of striking with telekinesis? Is it the same as your attack rate?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Jun 17 2003, 03:40 PM Wrote:Whats the % chance of striking with telekinesis?  Is it the same as your attack rate?
I'm fairly sure that it's 1/3 of the time. i.e. 33.3%
Disarm you with a smile Smile
Telekinisis is one of the few spells than can be done in town, and can hurt monsters/players. In a pvp match, could you not use telekinisis on the ears outside of town, and with a high enough level/mastery, cause a chipped nail? pity the damage is so poor :blink:
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Slightly wrong, the life bar of the monster updates when you stun, but you do damage with every hit. Has been like that since D2C 1.0 I think.

Edit: Typo :lol: