5 second hostile timer
From a post and the Amazon Basin (which links to the Battle.net forums)

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...=0&#entry279591

I tested it on West, it works.

Neat. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Hmmm. Reading through that thread makes it look like the new timer is as dodgy as the set items. :lol:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Yeah, if you look at my post in the Basin where I said it worked, well I have not been able to reproduce it since. I am declaring my first test invalid.

This does not seem to work as of now

That being said, it looks like they will be trying to do a hostile timer at least.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I can't say this with 100% certainty, but this looks like it foretells of another patch delay. :(
I've really lost my impatience with waiting for 1.1. Yes, that's correct. I've lost my IMpatience. Why? Think back in the archives of your rusty old memory. Dust off the cobwebs like I have and think back - what screwed up D2C? What made it require five patches before it was consistently playable, and a sixth before it was solid? Why have we spent a year and a half whining about play imbalances in D2X?

Because both of these were released before they were ready. Their initial versions were nigh-unplayable. They were rushed, poorly tested, and even more poorly ironed. Let's face it, they were half-baked products.

1.1 is Blizzard's ONE chance to atone, their big shot to re-impress jaded fans - they're not under any pressure from higher ups, the future of their company does not (directly) live or die based on the patch, and they can do all the testing and feature-creep-inducing things they want. In short, life has asked Blizzard, "If you could do D2 over again, knowing what you know now, how would you do things differently?"

1.1 will be their answer, be patient, so sayeth The Hermit.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, you're saturating me." Tool - Undertow
DSTheHermit,Jun 14 2003, 02:15 PM Wrote:Because both of these were released before they were ready. Their initial versions were nigh-unplayable. They were rushed, poorly tested, and even more poorly ironed. Let's face it, they were half-baked products.
. . . Many of the earlier problems came from dead end streets worth of half-baked ideas. I too am pleased that they are taking the time to test thoroughly. What doesn't look too impressive is the apparent planning aspect of new features that appear in this game. All too often I look at some new development and in some cases before I've even played with it in the field I'm scratching my head going --> :huh:

I really feel the development of this game to its soon-to-be 1.10 version could have been greatly accelerated with more constructive thinking ahead and less trial and error. :unsure: