The Needler
Hi,

What can i say ?, today i found my favourite bow 'the needler' on my clvl37 rogue. I love the bow so im very tempted to keep it even though other bows may offer me more !

What do you think ?
It definitely is a lot of fun! But keep some things in mind. In addition to the fast attack, it really does not have much to offer for the rogue(the natural to hit is already high enough). It is one of the most easy-to-find fast attack bows though.

Also, unless you are the kind of person who likes to repair all gear after every level, then the 30 dur is definitely not enough. My rogue used to carry 2 needlers a while ago, so she would just swap when 1 ran dry....honestly saying, they usually both ran out of dur before I was ready to go up.

I do keep one in case I would duel anyone though, then the extra tohit comes in handy.

It's not really a great bow, but it is quite unique and if you like it, for all means - keep it :)
-Cytrex
You could try shrining it. I recall a player who loved hers so much that she shrined it to indestructible.

However, if you love the speed, go hunting for bows of swiftness. IIRC (and I probably don't so you should check Jarulf's guide, which I no longer have) they drop in the caves most often.

Or you can send a younger character to shop till she drops at Griswold for one when she is 18 to 21 in age (again, IIRC, that is when he sells them).

I had one rogue using a Jade Bow of Swiftness and another with a Warriors Bow of Swiftness. Of the two, I loved the Jade best.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

[QUOTE]

Really? I have been trying to find/buy Warrior Bow of Swiftness for my rogue. It gives to hit, damage, and speed. Why did you like the Jade better? Different bow style?
Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
For a high level rogue (one who has been boozing on elixers and has maxed natural dexterity), any chance to hit bonus on a bow is pretty much superfluous against monsters. The damage may save a shot against some monsters, but it is no longer a major advantage (and even less so for a low damage mod like warrior's). Thus, resistance prefix is popular since it at least gives something useful.

Obviously the only setback here is that swiftness bows can't get obsidian or emerald. Now the "jade" prefix doesn't show up in many ideal setups, but it may be helpful depending on your other equipment. For example, maybe you have a jade/zod ring and an obs/stars amulet.... now the jade bow can get you to max resistances, freeing up the third jewelry for a mana prefix or a plain zod.
My thanks Nystul. I can now give up my quest for Warrior Swift bow. But I do like a bow that does damage (gives me more confidence when playing hell/hell and I see a thousand BKs heading my way all at one time).
Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.