mod help!
I am trying to get daiblo mods to work but they dont! An error message comes up saying "a requided.dll file,cw3230.dll,was not found"
please help me! :( :huh: :o :angry:
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
I've never played the original Diablo, but I've experienced something similar when I download Diablo II mods. Does it say anything about extracting something or something about damaged archives?
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
Hi hell-bringer,

Last week I had the same problem trying out a mod for the first time, make sure that the mod files are in your diablo folder and open diablo from there should work ;)
no it does say anything about archives. It just comes up with the error messag above.thanks though. :D
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
I believe that's a DHack error message. Try re-downloading DHack, or downloading it from another source.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
I had this same problem with a diablo mod too. What i did was I went to Henjo's Diablo Page and there in his downloads section he has a list of dll's that diablo uses. Downoad the cw3230.dll one and place it in your window's system folder(This is what worked for me on a windows 98system). It should work after you have the dll file.

I would give the link to Henjo's diablo page, but i've been told not to. So go do some googling to search for it.
-Ell_man
Feel free to PM the address. I just don't like the idea of complete newbies stumbling onto it, else I'd link to it on the mainpage.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
I have tried putting all things i have downloaded(mods,dhack,diabloi,cw3230) into my diablo folder but it is still no good!! I would really like to play these mods. :( <_< :huh:
You need to put the cw3230.dll file into your windows system folder. On my windows 98 machine, the windows system folder is located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM. It might be different for other operating systems, but just find the folder with a whole bunch of .dll files, that should be the one.

The other files(mods, dhack,diabloi) don't need to be moved from the diablo folder I think.
-Ell_man