An explosion of Drop Hackers...
I haven’t played LoD in about 2-3 months, at which time I was put zing around. I guess I haven’t REALLY played LoD for about 6-8 months, still waiting for that legendary 1.1 patch.

[RANT]
So, I decided to start a new character and first game I go in this level 42 paladin says, "come to town for some free low level items," and I'm like, great, I could use a little help. As soon as I get near him, CONNECTION INTERRUPTED. Try to log back into B.net and REALM DOWN! Okay, now I'm mad. I go surfing the net and come back a half hour later and start playing LoD again. First game I'm in, just casually walking around, I get drop-hacked, just like that. Again, CI and RD. Okay, now I'm pissed! :angry:
[END RANT]

So the question I have is, has there been a sudden explosion of drop hackers since the recent banning? I'd think yes since they now have free reign to murder all HC characters since anyone using maphack as a protective measure will be banned. And what of the drop-hackers? Banned, but I doubt they care as they're sure to have multiple CD-Keys. The frustration I feel towards Blizzard is astounding. I honestly can't comprehend their logic in this instance and I really don't think I'll be playing WoW unfortunately. I was really looking forward to WoW but this act of incompetence on Blizzards part has ensured to me their terrible thinking and methodology. My anger is sidetracking me here.

My question is have the rest of you noticed an increase in drop-hackers since the banning? My point is that Blizzards methods seem, at the very least, half-assed and if this is they way they program, I wont be playing 10 dollars a month for WoW, no thank you.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Hi, now what would you suggest to deal with hackers that have multiple cd-keys? Hello? One thing at a time, sir.

Of course, if they have multiple cd-keys, they're just giving Blizzard more money to combat them. Some would argue it was bad to start with the maphackers first, but you have to chop someone first, and one seemed to be easier.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Well I'm sure your right, as I'm speaking mostly out of anger instead of reason.

I guess my point is that it should have NEVER gotten to a point where you needed a Hack to stop a Hack. Blizzard should have made drop-hacking one of their top priorities, up there with duping and hacking the realms. I'm fully aware that all hacks and 3rd party programs are not tolerated, and I share that stance, but blizzard attacked the wrong people first.

For comparison, that’s like when the prince (which I cant remember his name right now) told William Wallace he was going to help him fight the king and his army and then backed down at the last moment to let them die. By punishing those who attempt to stop drop-hacking, Blizzard is LETTING the drop-hackers kill us hardcore players without penalty. While I don't support hacking, this is ridiculous!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I have been a victim of drop hack (only in softcore), but I can undestand the anger one might feel.

To tell you the truth, while I'd never use maphack, I really can't blame someone for using a anti-drop hack. I really can't. Being dropped out of a game malicously is NOT part of regular play. Still, you pay for what you do.

Problem though: How many people use that program for the sole purpose of drop hack prevention? I truly doubt many of them did.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:My question is have the rest of you noticed an increase in drop-hackers since the banning?

Well, I haven't spent much time on lately, but in the last few weeks I have been on a few times.

HC play in public games has reached a low point. Besides all the drop hacking(I've seen many drop hacking PKs, but few who just do it to be annoying), you can no longer party with *any* amazons who have GA. Add to that all the other things that you have to avoid anyway(no other persons TPs, hydra sorcs, ect...)
It has been pretty bad lately.

Quote:My point is that Blizzards methods seem, at the very least, half-assed and if this is they way they program, I wont be playing 10 dollars a month for WoW, no thank you.
Well, I might not be playing WoW anyway, but I'll hold my judgement on Blizz's hack prevention methods till I see 1.10. They have made several mistakes, and I hope they have learned from them. Time will tell.
The dangers of playing with strangers. I rarely will venture into a pubbie game in softcore, and that is mostly to gift away any nice low level rares I've found. I think I can count on one hand the number of games I've actually quested with others. I think on two of those occasion's I was PK'd. One in particular I remember was my lvl 50ish elemental druid "Kaww" who was desperate to level up to get enough power to be effective in Hell Difficulty. So, I was joining any pubbie 8 player NM blood run games. It made me angry, like you, at being so violated. Like anyone would doubt the outcome of a match up between an elemental druid and any PvP designed char. Using cheap tricks makes it doubly so as there is zero skill involved in cheating.

My point; It seems that in HC you have so much more to lose, and so IMO I would never venture into a pubbie game in HC ever. I think you need to develop a cadre of trusted HC users that you play with, who will not back stab you. It is hard enough for me to survive some of the 1 hit kill beasts without having to worry about script kiddies.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I was just perusing the Bnet official forums. It seems they have made a server side change to implement a five second hostile delay. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but it appears that you have five seconds after seeing the hostile warning before you can be injured. This should make playing in public hc games once again do-able.

-davcol
Dying in WoW through the malicous actions of other players shouldn't be a big deal, nothing like dying in HC Diablo 2. I imagine the worst that would happen would be you'd have to wait a while before your character can run again.

WoW will be my first online Mud type game (I don't count Diablo or Diablo II), so I'm not experienced with the format, but I know people can easily come back after death in most similar games.

Besides, it will be a totally different game structure. I predict few of the (serious) existing Dx2 problems will show up in WoW, instead, we'll have a whole new collection of problems.

For what it's worth, I have been very satisfied with the Blizzard games I have played, and I will definitely be there for Wow.
Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.