Fountains
What are the blood fountains? What are they used for?

Purification fountains?

Tears?
Keeper of Nightworld
Blood Fountains restore 1 point of Health with every click.

Purification Springs restore 1 point of Mana.

Think of them as the places where the Health and Mana potions you find were first filled up.

Fountain of Tears is just a mini-Mysterious Shrine. Adds points to three of your stats, takes points away from one.

As to the other fixtures, I feel compelled to mention that there are two rules of thumb in Multiplayer games: never touch the Shrines described as Fascinating, Ornate, or Sacred! Those threee shrines will impart a boost of a low-level spell (Charged Bolt, Holy Bolt, or Firebolt) at the terrible cst of taking away 10% of your current Mana capacity. Continual contact with the FOS shrines will result in maxed-out spell levels to those three decidedly weak spells, and at the cost of having a lowered mana capacity that can never be recovered.

For this reason, avoid the Goat Shrines (Goat Toilets, as I call them) and Cauldrons. These randomized shrine effects may very well give you one of the dreaded FOS shrine effects, costing you your mana capacity.

That, and avoid getting hit by Black Deaths (the fluorescent yellow zombies) are all you need to know to maintain proper character maintenence.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 12 2003, 10:52 PM Wrote:Fountain of Tears is just a mini-Mysterious Shrine. Adds points to three of your stats, takes points away from one.
Hm, somewhy I remember it as if it added +1 to one and aslo removed 1 from one. You sure it adds to three?
-Cytrex
FoT removes 1 point from a random stat and adds 1 point to another.
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"
Thanks for the info, it's very helpful.

What is a murky pool?

Was able to avoid the annoying shrines!

What are good spells. I find stone curse to be good and gohelm any others?
Keeper of Nightworld
your charakter gets infravision from a murky pool...
yes, stone curse is a VERY important spell, but golem in my opinion is in most situations useless...
what type is your charakter??
my english is so bad...
how to say "Ausdrucksprobleme" in English??
Playing warrior til I get use to the game.

Golem worked well on the things with long horn and the red ones that are in the quest with big red ugly (don't know the name).

Now I can use the murky pool, it was one that I avoided.
Keeper of Nightworld
If you think the fountains are hard to figure out, wait till you find items! My sorcerer found this weird item called a "buckler". I don't know what this weird thing is, but it looks like a circle. It is the size of a helmet, so I tried to put it on my head, but my character didn't want to wear it! Also, I found a potion called "elixer". What does it do (make me lvl 99 (the max) I hope :D )? I would drink it but my life and mana are full and I don't want to waste any potions. When it says 100% to hit in the character screen, does it mean I will always hit the enemies? waht if you click on an enemy without a weapon on, waht happens!!! sometimes i will be fighting and the spell i am use is gray not blue, and the game cant cast it!!!!!!1 waht can I fix this, do i need to reinstall Diablo :( :( :( <_< :blink: once time i fired a lightening shot like 232 times and he ddint die but was alive how come? i though it wood kill him but not even over 1 hund red hurt him!!!!!!1 i killed em a lot with a axe weapen and once it showed "immunities: lightening" i think lightning will hurt him but i dont no wut immunities means i could look it up but i dont no how to doit and i dont know a online dic-shunary coold u plz plz plz tell m3 wut immunity means or link to a site that tells me plz!!!! I need help plz!!!!?!? how do I play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 thx 4 da help SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! :P :P :rolleyes: :) :P :ph34r: :blink: :rolleyes:

Have I made my point yet?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
>When it says 100% to hit in the character screen, does it mean I will always hit the enemies?

This seems to be the most common thing that trips up players new to the game. And if I try to see it from their point of view, I can see how it's counter-intuitive. "I need -more- than 100% to hit for H\Hell? But how can you have more than 100%?"
the Langolier,Jun 14 2003, 07:19 PM Wrote:If you think the fountains are hard to figure out, wait till you find items!&nbsp; My sorcerer found this weird item called a "buckler".&nbsp; I don't know what this weird thing is, but it looks like a circle.&nbsp; It is the size of a helmet, so I tried to put it on my head, but my character didn't want to wear it!&nbsp; Also, I found a potion called "elixer".&nbsp; What does it do (make me lvl 99 (the max) I hope :D )?&nbsp; I would drink it but my life and mana are full and I don't want to waste any potions.&nbsp; When it says 100% to hit in the character screen, does it mean I will always hit the enemies?&nbsp; waht if you click on an enemy without a weapon on, waht happens!!!&nbsp; sometimes i will be fighting and the spell i am use is gray not blue, and the game cant cast it!!!!!!1&nbsp; waht can I fix this, do i need to reinstall Diablo :( :( :( <_<&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; once time i fired a lightening shot like 232 times and he ddint die but was alive how come? i though it wood kill him but not even over 1 hund red hurt him!!!!!!1 i killed em a lot with a axe weapen and once it showed "immunities: lightening" i think lightning will hurt him but i dont no wut immunities means i could look it up but i dont no how to doit and i dont know a online dic-shunary coold u plz plz plz tell m3 wut immunity means or link to a site that tells me plz!!!!&nbsp; I need help plz!!!!?!? how do I play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11&nbsp; thx 4 da help SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!&nbsp; :P&nbsp; :P :rolleyes:&nbsp; :) :P&nbsp; :ph34r:&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; :rolleyes:

Have I made my point yet?
B) hi langolier
first question what is a buckler: A buckler is a very rubish shield not a helmit

second question an elixer: An elixer bosts your one of your stats up depending on which elixer it is elixer of: strength boosts strength up by one same for magic,dextarity and vitality. In single player you can get the spectral elixer in the black mushroom quest this elixer boosts magic, strength,dextarity,vitality up by 3 :D ! The max character level is level 50 unless you hack :angry:

If you click on an enemy with no weapon on you use your fists in the rogues case she kicks.

the only time the game cant cast a spell is if you are in town except skills and healing and heal other spell or if you ran out of mana. when its blue you can cast that sell but if it is grey you cant cast that spell.

When you shot 232 lightning shots at this monster and it didnt die it must of had an immunitie to lightning so it didnt hurt it.If a monsters is immune to something it will not hert it(e.g A monster with immunitie to fire will not be hert by a fire type spell like fireball). If a monster has a resistance to fire it would hert it but not as much as a monster without a resistance to fire.
:lol: :D
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
LOL

I don't know whether to laugh or cry hahahaha
Thank you for you help:Rhydderch Hael & M@isterL@mpe

I am now down at the diablo lvl, wow found out that I made big mistake and used the helm that I got from the "saved warrior, from leoric minus x amount of mana but big + to other attributes. Now I am not able to use the stone curse. :angry:
Keeper of Nightworld
NT
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
One of the fountains also Identifies all your items.
What I used to do to save money, was get a backpack full of unid stuff, then click on the fountain and *poof* it is all identified now.

I only remember it happening in Single Player but I think it was the Fountains that give Mana per click that did it.

Laters,
Baal.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Warcry of Khorne's Champions.
Glimmering Shrine identifies all items in your inventory. Pools and fountains don't.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Thanks Lemming....
I haven't played D1 Single Player in quite a while but I did remember something in the dungeon id'ing all your stuff and I thought it was a Fountain as I thought I could reuse it.

Laters,
Baal.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Warcry of Khorne's Champions.
I hope not.

To answer some things:

a) there's also the spectal elixir, quest reward for the 'mushroom patch' quest;

b ) the monk (hellfire) is actually quite good with his feet, as he kicks very fast;

c) you also cannot cast scrolls which require more Magic than what you have;

d) if the moster has very high hitpoints and is lightning resistant(75%), then it might maybe perhaps be possible (but I don't know for sure ;) ) that it survives even 232 Lightnings. 233 would be critical, though.

Note: I was not totally serious in every answer. Alright? :o

Greetings, Fragbait

Edit: b ) (without gap) turned into an emoticon... B)
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Quote:RE: teh game is smart to figgur it out in thread Fountains
:lol:

Quote:Have I made my point yet?

Nope. Try being more blunt I guess.