MODS
[COLOR=orange] Could someone recomend a good diablo mod for me please and where do you get it from. :D :D Also i was wondering how do you make a mod? B)
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo/mods.shtml ;)
Hello hell-bringer,

Henjo's Diablo Page is the place for getting mods. It has the most extensive list of mods on the net IIRC. Although for some mods, he doesn't have the latest version.

Most of the better mods are listed on the LL's Mod page that SomethingDutch already gave the link too. I've played Absymal, Dr. Zed's mod, Hellfire: The Dark, and Hellfire Fixed, and the best one imo is Hellfire: The Dark. As the name suggests, its only for Hellfire, so you might not be able to play it. Otherwise, I suggest you try out Dr. Zed's mod(DZM). It only works for version 1.07(along with practically every mod for classic diablo), so you will need to have a separate install set up for mod playing. If you can get Hellfire though, HF:TD is the way to go. Its the only mod that is played regularly online anymore and can be really fun with some friends. Note that I'm talking about a group of about ~10-15 people max.

Creating your own mod is a very difficult task I'm told. It involves hex edditing and a bunch of other crazy, strange stuff. There is a mod making forum up here, as well as a hex edditing workshop here. Henjo's Diablo Page also has a bunch of mod making tools.

(EDIT: Edited out link to Henjo; it required copy-pasting. I don't link to Henjo from main page to keep the newbies hands' "clean," or so to speak. Interested parties can google for Henjo if sufficiently curious. -Lem)
-Ell_man
Could someone recomend a good diablo mod for me please and where do you get it from.

Could somebody tell me why nobody reads this site anymore? :p
http://lurkerlounge.com/diablo/mods.shtml

(Who posts on site forums before checking a site out, anyway?)

For Diablo v1.07
VK: "Make Diablo Harder"
MiddleEarth: Fast-paced mod. Brutal. Mage class dominant.
DrZed: Innovative mod with very unique features.
Netherworld: Comical. Worth at least one run-through.

For Hellfire
TheDark: Amazing mod, and still updated.
Fixed: Created to fix vanilla HF's bothersome, broken, and redundant features. Suggested for use in place of vanilla HF.

Also i was wondering how do you make a mod?

Hex editing, mainly. For complex changes, some assembly required. *rimshot!* Not recommended for the unambitious.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
thanks for you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :lol: ;)
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
Quote:Could somebody tell me why nobody reads this site anymore? :P
http://lurkerlounge.com/diablo/mods.shtml

(Who posts on site forums before checking a site out, anyway?)
Might like to double-check the links for the v&k mods...
I think they've moved to : http://d2mods.xfernet.com/~vkmods/tolkien.html
Just a small note, even though a Diablo install takes up very little room, you dont need 2 seperate installs if you wish to play mods sometimes, and also play online.

All you need to do is keep a copy of Diablo.exe, diabloui.dll and Storm.dll, as these are the only files that are changed by the patcher. Keep a 1.07 and 1.09 copy of each in seperate folders and copy into the main folder the version required.