"I'm going to scroll you!"
I just had the greatest pleasure of playing with a 6 year old. He was level 12 in nightmere so I quit the party so I could get the den of evil quest without him leeching off me. He said don't piss me off, and then F$%& you! then he said "Don't make me scroll you!"

What is it? If it's something Blizzard wouldn't take kindly too, I'd like to report him (took a screenie).

And also, I feel stupid asking this question but I want to clarify something for myself until the disbelief of the idiocy that I just encountered leaves me, if I'm hostile to someone, and we're both in the den of evil, and I kill the last monster, I get the quest, and he doesnt right? (even though he damaged the last monster also) (I've also been out of the scene for a while and some things have changed. . .)

-darfür
(Of course, not too long ago, I was called a nubbie, and I hadn't ever heard that, either...)
Of course there is always the little chiddler's secret language and made up words. ;)
If you ever mention this again Ill scroll you and your mamma.
Quote:if I'm hostile to someone, and we're both in the den of evil, and I kill the last monster, I get the quest, and he doesnt right?

Possibly, that could be how it goes, although it could also be in proximity, which I'm not so sure of. What I mean when I say proximity is that he's within 'x' amount of yards of your character when you kill the monster, you get the quest. That's usually how the quests work.

"Scrolling" is a cheaters term derived from an evil hack (don't use hacks) used by amazons to hit you from off their screen by scrolling the screen further than the screen radius.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Which makes me wonder just how the low level was going to kill you even using scrollhack. Without using trigger, that is. *sigh*
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
My assassin was level 35, he threatened the scroll me with his level 12 sorceress. . .

-darfür
That evil hack in particular is maphack. Given the recent account closings, perhaps it would be worthwhile to send the screenie in to Blizzard.
Call HCGoodbye(gl,hf,dd)
*dahak_i
USEast HC
dahak_i,Jun 11 2003, 04:50 AM Wrote:That evil hack in particular is maphack.
I'm trying to avoid the M word around here, as it seems to be a "hot-button" issue. The sorcie in question could of still just as easily "scrolled" you with a sorceress, and with 10 grand charms of +1 skills, who knows, maybe it would of hurt or even killed you at her level 12.

[edit] Never mind... +1 grand charms have a higher level requirement than I thought. I honestly have no idea what that person was thinking.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Fear the interent thug! -_- I wonder what would happen if our little fool here were they to threaten people in real life with this.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Maybe someone should thwap him upside the noggin with his Grade 1 graduation certificate. :ph34r:

It was just an IDEA . :rolleyes:
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
...but then I'd have to scroll you! :angry: :angry:
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion
... and then I'm going to ctrl-a, delete you!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

blah, you should've PKed him out of principle

note: not an advocate of PKing
I would have but he left the game before I could get a hit on him.

Although I was an Assassin, and I had traps. . .*smack*

-darfür
MEAT,Jun 11 2003, 07:07 PM Wrote:I honestly have no idea what that person was thinking.
You are assuming that player WAS thinking. :D
Magic Rat,Jun 14 2003, 10:36 AM Wrote:You are assuming that player WAS thinking.&nbsp; :D
VERY good point!
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion