Level 15 archbishop lair ( I think)
I have walked every where, there aren't many doors.

I can see something like manhole covers, there are red light rays showing.
How do I get them open.

What did I miss?

Playing Warrior.
Keeper of Nightworld
Try standing on the "manhole covers" and then reading the book while standing on one of these covers. It may "reveal" more than meets the eye at first glance
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
I found 2 books but wasn't able to do anything with them.

Do I need to kill everything before I can read the books?

I also got the Lazuras staff, was given the task of finding a child.
Keeper of Nightworld
If you were teleported into the "cages" and fought down all the Snow Witches and Hell Spawn within them, then the next step you must take is to return to the room in which you entered the level. You'll find one more "manhole" pad. Step on it. Smackdown Laz and you've gotten through.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Got teleported now how do I kill the advocates?

Tried using the curse of stone and fire wall, curse works but only on one of them at a time. The fire wall doesn't really seem to do much.

I knew I should have kept the staff of healing. :lol:
Keeper of Nightworld
Hello,

If you read the book of stone curse, just buy alot of mana potions and stone em all :) Otherwise you should try cornering them so they won't teleport away...and it will take some healing potions offcourse.
By the way, u will just LOVE level 16 ;)

gl
Hail Deatchclaws Rule,

In level 16, you will be confronted with MANY advocates. Your best bet beside stone curse is getting youself a sword of haste and/or trap them in the corners. We had a thread on these tactics not long ago. High fire resistance is also useful, as you WILL be hit by some fireballs sometimes. While fighting the mages: Beware of the Knights!

Edit: this thread accurately describes the art of 'cornering'. Features some nice ascii diagrams from Kasreyn.

Lazarus: leaves a trail due to his unique light radius when he teleports. If I remember right, you can't corner him in the upper corners, for there is some solid object at the diagonal tile to the corners. Try to lure him out, perhaps after having killed the others by luring them out, too, and then corner him in another corner. His fireball is quite strong, IIRC, but with a few reds occasionally, you will bring him down.

Good luck, and have fun.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Maybe I should try to beat diablo on single player, but Battle.Net is more fun.
Anyways, he didn't use ASCII anywhere in that post.
OK, I don't know what character encoding format this forum uses, but ascii art generally refers to using text symbols to present some graphical content, which is exactly what Kasreyn used in the post that Fragbait referenced.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect