SafetyNecro
Hi everybody I'm planning on building a throw/bowmancer (with a big iron golem)when the ladder restarts. Does anybody know from experience if the holy frost aura from a merc stacks with decrepify? I was thinking on the lines of "if they can't reach me, they can't kill me" :-)
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Auras and curses do stack, of course. For walk/run speed, I haven't tested but unless there's a bug, it will work. But don't forget that Decrepify also lowers monster damage and physical resist by 50% - so even if it won't slow them that much because of Holy Freeze, they will die 50% faster and their physical attacks do 50% less damage. Also, HF and Decrepify cannot be resisted (maybe a few exceptions, IIRC "possessed" monsters cannot be cursed). Should work well !
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
And you can´t resist as well. I had a Rhyme Shield Equipped but I got frozen by a monster´s HF Aura.
And you can´t resist as well. I had a Rhyme Shield Equipped but I got frozen by a monster´s HF Aura.

Yes, Holy Freeze is not a cold attack, so cannot be resisted. However, I'm sure some monsters on higher difficulties are immune to HF, like Death Lords. It's been a long time since I haven't played my HF pally, but I'm certain they aren't affected. There were other monsters, too.
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Jedi Knight,Jun 4 2003, 12:34 PM Wrote:Yes, Holy Freeze is not a cold attack, so cannot be resisted. However, I'm sure some monsters on higher difficulties are immune to HF, like Death Lords.
From my very limited experience Death Lords, even on normal, are not affected by cold or Holy Freeze. I just hired my first Holy Freeze fellow a few days ago. In an attempt to boost his aura I gave him Meat Scraper, Skin of the Viper Magi, and a rare circlet with plus two to offensive auras. So far Death Lords are the only thing I've noticed that are unaffected (there could of course be others), but it might just be that they come and go so quickly (usually) that there is no time for the aura to work.

Can anyone catalog other monsters that are immune to Holy Freeze?

A necromancer tip I could pass on: when my necromancer did hell baal, there were two revived Death Lords still with him at the end. They seem immune to baal's cold wedge as well.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
A discussion of Frenzytaurs and cold resistances/immunities can be found in this thread:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...p=2863&linear=0

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Grayloch,Jun 4 2003, 02:28 PM Wrote:A discussion of Frenzytaurs and cold resistances/immunities can be found in this thread:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...p=2863&linear=0

-G.
Thanks! Are there any other Holy Freeze immune monsters besides Death Lords, though?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
As I recall, abominable snowmen and similar frost-themed creatures are immune. But that could be misrecollection.