Hellfire Charicters
Hi,

>A few questions about hellfire :

1) I know that all the 3 new classes (monk/bard/barb) can hit up to 3 enemies at a time how does this work ?

2) How much AC does the barbarian lose when he uses a sheild ?

3) The bard is said to be able to use 2 weapons (1 in each hand) does she hit the enemy with both items at the same time or 1 after another ?
How does the damage work when using 2 weapons, are they added together ?

Although failing to obtain hellfire off ebay so far I look forward to using the new classes. I have looked all over for hellfire guides but the only one that I have found so far is is 'caverns of ice' that has a few charicter guides.
Does anyone know were i might find some other hellfire infomation.

'Thanx to all those who reply' B)
Take heed and bear witness to the truths that lie herein (hope that spelling is correct):

Jarulf's Guide to Diablo and Hellfire

glad to see that Diablo 1 still draws in some fresh meat :rolleyes:
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
1) I know that all the 3 new classes (monk/bard/barb) can hit up to 3 enemies at a time how does this work ?

Adjacent Quarter, or Sweep, damage hits the tile you swing at and the two tiles to the side.

XZX
*M*

Monk M attacks tile Z. Tile Z receives normal damage. Tiles X receive Sweep damage. Same deal for Bards/Barbs. Sweep damage does not occur with all weapons, however.

He doesn't. Barbs lose their damage bonus -- (VitxClvl)/100) -- when they use a shield or a staff.

3) The bard is said to be able to use 2 weapons (1 in each hand) does she hit the enemy with both items at the same time or 1 after another ?
How does the damage work when using 2 weapons, are they added together ?

Both weapons hit at once. Trivia: Since there's no animation for dual-wielding, if she's using two different weapon types (sword/mace), the item in her left hand will determine the on-screen gfx.

Weapon damages are added together in some manner or fashion. Suffice it to say getting stun damage with her isn't difficult.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
LemmingofGlory,Jun 1 2003, 04:53 PM Wrote:He doesn't. Barbs lose their damage bonus -- (VitxClvl)/100) -- when they use a shield or a staff.
>Thanx lemming !

>If barbarians lose that bonus then surely most play without a shield, but wouldn't leaving a empty slot make the (axe in 1 hand kinda useless ?)
>If barbarians lose that bonus then surely most play without a shield, but wouldn't leaving a empty slot make the (axe in 1 hand kinda useless ?)

Most Barbarians would go for a 2 hander anyway. The other reason why a shield in vanilla HF is not great is spellblock. The value of having a resist shield or equipping a shield while having resists, is about zero to squat in plain HF. It's actually more of a liability.
>I have being reading jarulfs guide and it seems that an axe does take up 2 hands. I was confused with the fact he can hold a 2 handed sword + maul in 1 hand

>Feel free to post your personal opinions about hellfire, i would be happy to hear them :P

>By the way, why do you all call it 'vanilla' hellfire ? ;)
>By the way, why do you all call it 'vanilla' hellfire ?

"Vanilla" usually means either a standard unmodified game, or an unrestricted character.

If you want my opinion of HellFire. It's a fun albeit incomplete game. There is 2 great reasons to get it however. With it you can play Z&Z "The Dark" mod, and the "Hellfire: Fixed" mod. The latter is hosted right here, ain't that convenient.

The Barbarian receives half the AC rounded up from a shield. Thus, a 17/146% Awesome Shield would grant 21 AC for a Barbarian.

Using a shield is a poor choice anyway for the barbarian, I'd even recommend selling the initial Buckler.

The best weapon choice overall for this character class in the axe. Not only he receives the VIT Damage Bonus, still increased attacking speed ( compared to the Warrior ) and other benefits like "Faster Hit Recovery".
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"
Sweep damage only occurs with a Monk when attacking with a staff. For the Bard, only when she wields two swords does the sweep damage come into effect, and the Barbarian gets his sweep ability from an axe.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
2 handed swords and mauls also gives the Barbarian sweep damage ability.
what is hellfire?....expansion for D1? or what.....im confused bout this rumor on this hellfire game
Meh....it all works out Eventually....one way or another
-Zaek
[Image: fc140ff7.gif]

Yes, Hellfire was an unofficial expansion released by Sierra. There are still copies on ebay going for ~$10.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
>Yes, Hellfire was an unofficial expansion released by Sierra. There are still copies on ebay going for ~$10.

>I have looked all over for Hellfire now, about 2 months. I am in england so it's proberbly harder for me to obtain it . . .

>The only place i have found it so far is Ebay and they all seem to go for about £50.

>What country are you in by the way ?
Excuse me if English isn't your native tongue, but this isn't chat. It's entirely alright to use legible grammar.

I deleted the thread you made wherein you duplicated your question. Maybe forums work that way where you come from, but there's no need to do that here. We're civilized.

Hail Diablo1ks,

Sorry to hear that. If you speak a little german, you could as well try www.ebay.de for cheaper results.
Hellfire goes for 5-10€.

I already made this suggestion in a former thread I think :D

Well. Hope this helps.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
LemmingofGlory,Jun 3 2003, 08:39 PM Wrote:Excuse me if English isn't your native tongue, but this isn't chat. It's entirely alright to use legible grammar.

I deleted the thread you made wherein you duplicated your question. Maybe forums work that way where you come from, but there's no need to do that here. We're civilized.

When I looked on the 'threaded view option' i saw that this post was directed to 'Zaek' but half of it sounded like you was talking to me . . .

< Please correct me >
Rhetorical