I Really need advice concerning to attributes!
I guess the title and the description say every thing... Help me please... I intend to build a Bone & Poison Necro....
God, I haven't responded to any threads in this forum for a while....

Anyway, you're building a Poison and Bone Necro, huh? OK, here's a bit of advice after trying one myself:

- You're aiming for enough points in strength to wear semi-decent necro armour, but it's your choice :D

- No and I mean, NO, points into Dexterity. Only melee class necros need this. Although, you might just want some again, to wear a specific weapon which isn't a wand

- Vitality's a concern, since you need enough points to keep you alive. This is the second-to-most-important stat for your build

- Energy, the cream of the crop. You really want to pump this to enable you to cast lots and lots of spells. This is your prime stat.

Hope this stuff helped! :D
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Thank you! It really helped a lot! Actually, I have seen the same thing in I guide I have found after I posted this question... I´ll use daggers, wands or dirks... Anyway, and for armor? I really don´t need dex? I´m doing 1str/2vit/2en... Abyway, thanks a lot for the advice! Is this necro fun to play with?
Hail Enishi,

Er... Poison and Bone is a tree, not a build: what kind of build do you have on your mind exactly? A Poison Dagger based character who melees with some support from other spells? Perhaps an Artillery Necromancer who uses their secondary spells to get some corpses, then blasts away with Corpse Explosion? Perhaps something else? Without more information on the build it is impossible to give good advice.

PS Enishi was pretty cool, but Saito is always going to be Kenshin's greatest oponent in my mind ;) Nice avatar though!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
There are three purposes for dexterity:
1) boost AR to enable you to hit things
2) max blocking
3) equip some weapons

Obviously, #1 is useless to every poison and bone build excepting the poison dagger. I'll assume you aren't going that route.

The only weapon that requires dexterity that most poison and bone necromancers will consider is wizardspike, at 75 dex required. This is a phenomenal weapon if you don't need +skills on that tab. 75% resist all, +mana per char level, faster cast... it's just a great little dagger.

#2 is a consideration, however, for a necromancer it's probably not useful. As was previously mentioned, it's tough to tell based just on a "poison and bone" necromancer. That leaves quite alot to the imagination. However, most necromancers have no problems withhaving a few meat shields. My most recent necromancer was an artillery necromancer -- max poison nova, bone spirit to get the first corpse, then start a corpse explosion. He has no skelletons, no skelleton magi, and no revives. However, his fire golem and rogue mercenary (mostly the golem) mean that he's almost never targetted. Point is, a necromancer probably won't be relying on blocking to save him. So usually, blocking istn' worth pumping dexterity for.

So, long story short, no, you don't need any dexterity, unless you plan on using a wizardspike.

Strength, as mentioned, is just enough to wear your equipment. Either look at some specific armor you have or would like to wear and base your strength on that goal, or get to say 75-100 strength, which will allow you to wear all but the heaviest armors available.

Now, as to vitality and energy. As with blocking, a necromancer generally won't be relying on high life to survive. The trick is to not be targetted. However, mistakes happen, lag happens, and a good life pool WILL save you -- often, particulary if your resists are low. I found 100 vitality gave me a good life pool; enough to avoid being one-hit killed by anything I encountered. Everything else goes into energy -- particulary if you choose to pump bone spirit and/or corpse explosion, you will burn mana like there's no tomorow, and you have no warmth to back that consumption up.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
My bad, I forgot about wizardspike... :ph34r:

I guess the "Poison & Bone Necromancer" (So to speak), is a great build to use, since it's clean, effective, and is a great example of the Necromancer. However, don't forget to put points into curses as well!

Glad you appreciated the help :lol:
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
I like Saitou too, but I just think Enishi is more exotic... I haven't seen him fighting yet... Yahiko has just defeated Otowa in the Brazilian version... But anyway... Hey, could you please give me an example of Enishi's accent in English?
Well, about the necromancer, I'm having a really good time payn with him... Amplify Damage, Iron Maiden and Blood Golen are making me a lot of experience. Even though they have only 1 point, they're very useful... I'll max Corpse Explosion, but I intend to do it later, when I have enough mana to use it almost all the times. I'll max Golem Mastery and Fire Golem. However, I'm still in level 19... It will take some time until I can get to 30, as the computer in which I play Diablo II LoD is in my cousin's house...
Well, thank you very much for the advices!
Hail Enishi,

I don't know what you mean by his accent: it's impossible to give his accent through mere text. Well, I suppose if I were to go "Ach laddie!" people would realise that is a mock Scottish accent, but in a serious tale you'd not get things like that ;) Anywho, the point is that in a manga it is impossible to express someone's accent - or at least in English; perhaps that's not the case in other languages?
Yeah, I guess you´re right... But, as he´s from "Shang Hai", his accent might be from some Chinese trying to speak English...
Hail Enishi,

No, he was from Japan and lived in the Kyoto area as a child, then moved to Shanghai later; I'll not go into any more detail than that though, as it'll ruin the story when you get up to it. Presumably they'd not speak English at any point, so he'd speak Japanese with a Kyoto accent - perhaps a little warped from his time in Shanghai though.
Tut Tut elric....

Aren't we going a little off topic here :P
One by one the penguins steal my sanity.......
Quote:Thank you! It really helped a lot! Actually, I have seen the same thing in I guide I have found after I posted this question... I´ll use daggers, wands or dirks... Anyway, and for armor? I really don´t need dex? I´m doing 1str/2vit/2en... Abyway, thanks a lot for the advice! Is this necro fun to play with?

My only advice is to continue your 1/2/2 stat distribution but keep the strength points unspent until ou absolutely have to spend them. That way if you are fortunate enough to find good hell viable equipment with low str requirements you can them put the extra points into vitality or energy.

Also, If it were me building this necro, I would go 1 str/1 vit/ 3 energy up to aroung level 35 or so....
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Isn't the topic "Lets talk about...stuff" ;)
I know Enishi was Japanese, but, as the Japanese guys in the manga have no accent (including the ones from Kyoto), I presumed Enishi´s accent was due to his satying in "Shang Hai".
if u need a pvp necro try this
goalds:
max pdr
max block
meeting the 125% fcr breakpoint
stats:
str: enough for items
dex: enough for 75% chance to block
energy: base
rest in vit
gear:
wizardspike
hcrest with ber
skin of vipermagi with ber
stormshield with +15 all rez/-15% requirements jewel
crafted caster amulet (+2 skills,20%fcr,stats,rez)
perfect string of ears
wartraveler(for+stats) or silkwave(+10% max mana)
raven frost is mandatory
crafted caster ring (+10%fcr,...)
crafted caster gloves/trang oul
10 fungal gc preferably with vita suffix
10 small charms of inertia
depend on the match up use 30 of those ( u need to be realy fast )
skills:
max bone armou
max bs
max lower rezist
1 point bonewall
rest ron maiden
also 1 point in fire golem and 1 golem mastery (to take tunderstorms and fohs for u)
Very complex and good strategy... Congratulations.