Hey!
Hello, Lurker Lounge!

What's up? I thought this site was gone for good!
Could someone please fill me in on what has been going on in the world of diablo 2?
I quit the game about 8 months ago for various reasons and I just stumbled on this site and was like, HEY! IT'S BACK YAYYYYYY!
this was my favorite site for a lone time so I guess I'm just saying: What's up? Whats new? and why are you back?

I'm gonna be getting back into D2 soon, so is the sorc still overpowered? Is the necromancer still gimped WHATS UP?

-ChromaticOnion
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion
Though you doubtless don't have a clue who the hell I am. ^_^

AFAIK the LL forums never really quite went away, and after a while, everyone just kinda snuck back here. =P

As to D2, you've been out for 8 months, my friend. Since Blizzard completely changes the game on a bimonthly basis (OK I exaggerate, but most of you already know my anti-game-tweaking stance), it's a totally different game. Don't expect ANY character to be the same. And if they seem to be the same, trust me, they were different and then got changed back. Nothing lasts forever in D2, it seems.

-Kasreyn
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
Quote:AFAIK the LL forums never really quite went away, and after a while, everyone just kinda snuck back here.

Shows how much you been around. They DID go away, for quite some time. Hence why people keep popping in (although, this is the first case in months that I've seen; most of the trickle-in came after the first few months), asking "How long has this place been back for? I thought they closed!" They did. :P

As for what's happened with D2, absolutely nothing. Cheats and hacks still run rampant (new one every week, it seems), and we're still all awaiting the infamous 1.10 patch. Yep, that fabled patch that was supposed to be due out... how many times? I lost count. We'll have a new Pope by the time it finally does come out.

Welcome back, and stick around. Ain't much going on, except anticipation for 1.10. Don't hold your breath, though. It's not likely to hit the servers until Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne hits store shelves. And that ain't until July 1. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
It didn't close down for all that long. It closed in late Sept or early Oct 2001, there were boards back up by November that I know of. Sure you had to e-mail an admin to get an account, but the shut down of the forums really wasn't that long. Of course they didn't get publicly re-opened until like April or May 02, but they were around before that. So, yeah, they did close, but depending on a few factors they didn't close for long.

In the last 8 months gameplay really hasn't changed at all. Still 1.09, still realms for of dupes and hacks and crap.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
So, I have another problem.
How do I start with NO items? Whats the best Char for that?
Oh, and are mephisto runs still the way to get all the "good" items?
I seem to remember that there was some stuff about how mephisto runs eventually taper off, how does that work?

thanks, I'll be starting to play again when my school gets out (2 weeks)

cyall then
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
Do you mean a new character? That doesn't make sense. All new characters start with an item or two (things like a short sword or buckler).

Or do you mean casting those aside and playing naked? In which case your only option in D2 is Sorceress, Necro, Singing Barb, or Hammerdin (I can't think of any viable way to play a nude Amazon); of course, Druid and Assassin may have capabilities for nude play, or not; I don't know one way or the other.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't know what you mean by "starting with no items". Are you used to starting new characters and twinking them heavily? If so, I'd advise you try the game without twinking. It's pretty fun, and even a little challenging, that way. =P

-Kasreyn
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
What I mean is: I have NO good items at ALL like nothing to trade with no SOJs, no Tarnhelm, no dupes, nothing.
What class should I start with if I've got no items?
ChromaticOnion,Jun 1 2003, 07:01 AM Wrote:What I mean is: I have NO good items at ALL like nothing to trade with no SOJs, no Tarnhelm, no dupes, nothing.
AHEM, what? So, let me get you straight. You call GOOD items SOJ's and dupes? I could go on and on about this but let me address my next point:

And whats this about starting a class with no items? To me it sounds like your implying you need to "twink" to have a good time. What ever happened to playing the game the way it was meant to be played? In that fashion, every class is "playable" at ANY level, including level 1 believe it or not! Yes, its a struggle to start with no GOOD items or friends to rush you to hell cows. Yes, its often difficult (nostaglic cough) and I'm sure there are those who sympathize with you, however I am not one of them. Go play the damn game and see what happens.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote: What I mean is: I have NO good items at ALL like nothing to trade with no SOJs, no Tarnhelm, no dupes, nothing.

Please don't expect any sympathy from Lurkers by saying that you're starting characters without dupes. You don't need to cheat to play Diablo II. If you use dupes, you're not welcome here.

As far as starting a character untwinked, none of the character classes require twinking to be viable.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Sorry, what I mean Is that i used to twink a little. So sue me. I never had an SOJ and never duped anything.
I'm just wondering what class would be the best to start.
What I like to do is go though the game with a char and then, depending on what items I get start a barb or amazon oe whatever.
The thing is, I like to trade for items that I need, but since I dont HAVE any duped SOJs I can't really interact with the economy.
So, what is the best class to start out with if ya dont have any starting EQ?
I'm prolly gonna do a sorc.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the ppl who dupe andhack and twink like hell.
And playing the game "the way it was meant to be played" is quite fun, it's just that I like to have a little boost at the beginning.

Again, so sue me.

Ah, well sorry to have given the impression that I'm a dupeing idiot for that is what I am not and I LOVE the lounge for it's opinion on that.
P.S. I'm writing this at 4 AM so it might be a little disconnected, sorry for that aslo.
Spellcasters are better off, as weapon based characters are dependent on well...the weapon. And it's somewhat difficult fidning a weapon. I find necros to be easier, but that's just me. :lol:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
So, what is the best class to start out with if ya dont have any starting EQ?

So, you don't have anything to twink with. The Lounge is about strategy, so you'll forgive me if I don't keep tabs on which class plays best untwinked. We're about How-To-Play not Who-Plays-Best. Any class is viable, twink or no. Hell, the game can be played with a stark naked character. Why don't you try that? Whether you like it or not, you won't soon forget the experience.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
My wife also took a zon to Act III NM (she got frustrated with Szark, kept getting crappy mods on him), who didn't use any skill points, and didn't twink, only played with what she found. She had her accounts hacked thanks to being a mod at the old diablo2.com boards, and the char was deleted as well. Which sucked. But yeah as you said the game can be successfully played with a wide range of characters.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Sorry, I forgot what the lounge was about.
I guess that I'm still a little bitter about the reason that I quit 8 months ago.
Basically, I had a lvl 50 or so charged boltress (coolest char I've played BTW) but I relyed heavily on my items and then I got hacked out of 'em all and kinda said "Well skrew this!" and that was that.

I've started two chars, a necro "Skeletal_Onion" and a sorc "Infernal_Onion" and they are both proving to be very fun.

After the lounge closed I was on the diabloII.net forums a lot and was generally disgusted by the idiots, losers and REALLY annoying ppl there, the lounge is back and I'm happy.

If any of ya see me on USWest say hi!
all my chars have "_Onion" suffixed on them (I know it's wierd, whatever).

cyall -ChromaticOnion
Quote:Or do you mean casting those aside and playing naked? In which case your only option in D2 is Sorceress, Necro, Singing Barb, or Hammerdin (I can't think of any viable way to play a nude Amazon); of course, Druid and Assassin may have capabilities for nude play, or not; I don't know one way or the other.

Nude assins are pretty easy if you have plenty of mana pots to burn. That shouldn't be a problem in 1.10 though.

I'd imagine a nude elementalist would be viable but never tried one.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Hello, ChromaticOnion!

What's up? I thought ChromaticOnion was gone for good!
Could someone please fill me in on what has been going on in the world of diablo 2?
I quit reading ChromaticOnion's posts about 8 months ago for various reasons and I just stumbled on this post and was like, HEY! CHROM'S BACK YAYYYYYY!
this was my favorite poster for a lone time so I guess I'm just saying: What's up? Whats new? and why are you back?

Heh, seriously though, welcome back Chrom. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I have for 1.10. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jun 2 2003, 04:18 PM Wrote:Could someone please fill me in on what has been going on in the world of diablo 2?
Hmm, this month's developments:

Still waiting for patch 1.10
Hackers are ruining the game
Elric is cheerful and Pete is grumpy (in a cheerful way).

Last month's news:

For the month of April, it was:

et cetera
ChromaticOnion,Jun 1 2003, 08:49 PM Wrote:all my chars have "_Onion" suffixed on them (I know it's wierd, whatever).

-ChromaticOnion
That's alright ChromaticOnion, I haven't been able to break away from stapling "licious" to the end of every character I play. Its a pretty common thing to do. I'm always charmed when I see a character name that's particularly witty or keeps with some kind of theme.

One time, while playing in one of those rare games where a bunch of random "nice" people ended up having a good session, I had a similar discussion with one of said cool people.

he: "Yeah, all my guys are named '(something) - something'"

I: "Well, of course - without one's identity, who is one? :)"

he: "hah!"

The trivial reason I ended up with my name (for those of you in the Swarmalicious fan club who didn't get this week's newsletter) is because 'Zergalicious' was taken when I created the account during my addiction to commanding Hydralisks (and, of all things, Lurkers).
It worked out though - henceforth foes trembled in horror to realize that not only was their opponent representing the "Swarm", but I was indeed also "malicious".

I've the sudden urge to list every character I've ever had, although self-serving drivel of that calibur would piss me off if someone else did it. I'm sure its not suitable for any post, let alone this already overstated one. It might still be fun to do on paper, since I've never sat down and actually done it.

Swarmalicious' guide to writing your 'inventory of the frivolous', coming soon. ;)

(multicolored pungent & bulbous vegetables. Now there's a mental image)
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
That was a good dig Bolty. :)
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
Swarmalicious,Jun 3 2003, 05:20 AM Wrote:One time, while playing in one of those rare games where a bunch of random "nice" people ended up having a good session, I had a similar discussion with one of said cool people.
Oh yeah, cool people exist on bnet... I had almost forgot! :P