Antivirus?
I have been told that my antivirus (Norton) is not the best one ever.
I did not have any real complaints about it though.

Do you agree that there are better products out there?
Which ones might that be?

Any suggestions are welcome
I use Norton Corporate edition. Best program I have ever used. Regular Norton isn't that great and the last time I used MacAfee they had a bug in their product that prevented you from loading Windows properly. I never used MacAfee again although others swear by it.

Basically it comes down to which product do you like best and gives you the best updates? It's almost like arguing Mac vs PC. Everyone has an opinion and most won't change theirs.

Selby
When I first got into computing back in the DOS 6.22/Win 3.1 era, I had to have everything Norton, mainly because of name recognition and also because that's what Iwas told to use by my instructors and professors at school. Norton Utilities, Norton Antivirus, Norton, Norton, Norton.

Since then, because of my current job in Tech Support, I've had opportunities to sample and use other brands of Antivirus and other utilities. Today it seems that when new viruses are found, all the major players in the AV industry share their info about newly discovered viruses and the multitude of variants, etc. So my opinion is that all companies do an equally good job detecting and identifying system infections. What it really comes down to is things like Marketing, Product Usability, Price, Service and Support.

For me and the systems I manage, I find that Norton AV seems to suck more resource out of the PC, especially when running scheduled scans in the background. McAfee seems to work well, and not bog down my PC so much. That's why I choose McAfee.

My 2 Pennies...
- Ace 777
Check Out: NJ DeMolay

[Image: knight_left.gif]
I am using Sophos at the Office and Home. Norton have too many problems with some softwares. Had to remove it from my machines.
Call me a cheapass, but http://www.free-av.com works for me ^_^
Quote: Call me a cheapass, but http://www.free-av.com works for me

I'm a cheapass, too.

I like AVG. It loads quickly, takes up very little system resources, and works as well as any anti-viral software I've ever used.

And it's free.

-DeeBye
I use Norton since some time and I really like it. Doesn´t seem to take up too much ressources for me, and the auto-update function works really great. Havn´t had any trouble with it.
McAffee used to be great "back in the days", but became really bad at some point (their first Windows versions, IIRC), especially at cleaning up infected files. I havn´t used it for several years, so I can´t say anything about the current versions.
My advice: If you are doing OK with NAV, then just keep it. Getting another anti-virus prog is probably not worth the effort.

Moldran
I'll second the AVG vote. It's done good by me, although I need to upgrade my virus definitions (or however AVG keeps up with that stuff). I have it set up to run a check every morning at 2 o'clock, so it's not even a bother.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]