Game help needed
Hi all, it's been a looooooonnnnngg time since I posted. I have been busy with college work and other things. I have also fallen away from Diablo.

Instead, I have a question about another game, Neverwinter Nights. I have a level 15 wizard in tyhe very last part of the game, the source stone inner sanctum. I cannot manage to beat this thing. What suXXoRs is that I do not have a high enough INT modifier to get the high level 8 and 9 spells. My current modifier is at +3 with the INT at 16. Now, I don't have a PHB handy, so could someone tell me that if I push my INT to 17 at lvl 16 will that give me the +4 or would I have to wait until level 20 to get my INT to 18 to get the +4? Is there a way to beat Morag with this severe handicap? My henchman has already died. I have a panther familiar and a summoned green slaad. Me needs help :(. Is it even possible in singleplayer?

Thanks in advance,
-pakman
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Quote:I have a level 15 wizard in tyhe very last part of the game, the source stone inner sanctum. I cannot manage to beat this thing. What suXXoRs is that I do not have a high enough INT modifier to get the high level 8 and 9 spells.

*starts beating pakman about the neck and face with Elric's trout at the word "suXXoRs"*

Quote:My current modifier is at +3 with the INT at 16. Now, I don't have a PHB handy, so could someone tell me that if I push my INT to 17 at lvl 16 will that give me the +4 or would I have to wait until level 20 to get my INT to 18 to get the +4?

I refer you to page 72 of the Neverwinter Night's Instruction Manual. This is assuming that you actually have purchased the game and HAVE the Instruction Manual ( because if you don't, I lay in with the trout again). ;)

Quote:Is there a way to beat Morag with this severe handicap? My henchman has already died. I have a panther familiar and a summoned green slaad.

Morag is surrounded by several "protectors" that defend her from individual attacks. Pick the one that prevents your strongest talent (say, "fire" for instance) and take him out first. Morag will now suffer damage from that "hole" in her defenses.

Quote: Is it even possible in singleplayer?

Absolutely.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Thanks, I didn't even think to look at the manual. *kicks self in the face*

I have recently become fond of Tenser's Transformation and that flaming sword would that be a good way to go in? Cast all my protection spells like spell mantle, mage armor, etc., and go in swinging at the protectors, then when that wears off, just start casting my favorite attack....fireball?

Another thing that I am having trouble with is possessing my familiar. I thought I could cast spells through my familiar. Maybe I should look in the manual about that one too....*goes back to trying to beat this accursed thing* :P
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Quote:Is there a way to beat Morag with this severe handicap? My henchman has already died. I have a panther familiar and a summoned green slaad.

You mistyped, its a green salad :P

If you download all the updates, do the bugs go (even on windows xp)?
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
I've never really had that many problems to speak of, honestly.

Patch 1.29.somethingsomethingsomething is the current, and seems to jive well with XP from all my hours of play. I got the thing over a dialup too, kier, so I can understand your wincing at the size. Be prepared to give up the better part of an hour.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I finished NWN with my level 19 Paladin fairly easily, although I can see how the last bit could be hard for a spellcaster (since, IIRC, you couldn't rest inside the source stone).

The advice you've already gotten is pretty darn sound. Try to bypass the mobile guardians (I forget what they were, maybe bone golems?) and take out one of her elemental protector/worshippers quick. Then lay into Morag; when she dies everything else should, too.

It was actually fairly anti-climactic, IMO. :huh:

- WL
Hail all,

Now that it has gone gold, is anyone going to pick it up? I sent my CDs away to a friend in Canada, so I'm not sure if I want to spend 70 bucks for the game and the expansion pack combined. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me a few words on the expansion pack once it comes out. I really don't trust site reviews.
I probably will once I have some spare cash. Don't know when that'll be though, since I have to keep my assets available for City of Heroes, Knights of the Old Republic, and anything else that catches my eye (Lionheart maybe, and probably the Greyhawk Temple of Elemental Evil remake).

Heh, I just realised I don't even know what the features list for Undrentide is. :blink:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Hail WarLocke,

You know the PC version of Knights of the Old Republic has been delayed right? Unless you have an Xbox you won't beable to touch KOTOR till September I believe. Gotta love Microsoft.

Some of the new stuff in Undrentide can be found at its official site. Though all I'm interested in is the story- why I'm waiting to hear comments before I purchase it.

Also Bloodmoon, the second expansion for Morrowind comes out.

Urgh, and I still have Icewind Dale I and II to finish. Not enough hours in the day! =P