'Level up' Problem
>Hi

>My rogue now clvl37 has her stats maxed (well has done since clvl36) anyway when i leveled up i noticed that the normal 'level up' sign came up in the bottom left corner. I have never had a charicter with maxed stats before so i wasn't sure what to expect.

>So down to the question . . . How do i get that stupid red box do go ?
I don't have much experience with completely maxed out characters either,
but I am pretty sure that the red sign did not pop up anymore when my rogue maxed out.
So I have no clue on what you are supposed to do when it does appear.

Is it still there when you leave the game you leveled in, and start another one?

edit: you could search for a fountain of tears of course, hit it to lower your stats and then use the level up points
Everytime you level up with maxed stats, your level changes and the exp changes, along with other things, for example, a warrior's hp inceases by 2 and mana by 1, plus the cdamage increases, along with spell damage. There is no red box though.
>I have tried leaving the game and joining a new one, I have even restarted diablo but that little red box still remains

>Thanx for the fountian of tears trick though good thinking

>Note : I am currently playing offline on the 'Direct cable' option and I have not yet downloaded any patches of diablo
The red box is there to tell you that you have attribute points to distrubute.
!!SaLtMaN!!,May 2 Wrote:The red box is there to tell you that you have attribute points to distrubute.
>Yes I understand that and it says on my charicter screen '5 points do distribute' but i can't exactly distribute any points when my stats are all maxed/gold !

>Hmmm this situation is really starting to get at me, I mean surely i dont't have to resort to the fountain of tears option do I :angry:
I think this issue was resolved in patch 1.02. So you might want to get it, or even better yet, get the latest patch (1.09) and get rid of all sorts of bugs you aren't even aware of.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Yogi_Baar,May 27 2003, 07:14 PM Wrote:I think this issue was resolved in patch 1.02. So you might want to get it, or even better yet, get the latest patch (1.09) and get rid of all sorts of bugs you aren't even aware of.
>Oh thanx i see

>The computer i play diablo on does not have the internet so getting the patch may be a problem. What other bugs should I be aware of then ?
Yogi_Baar,May 27 2003, 09:14 PM Wrote:I think this issue was resolved in patch 1.02. So you might want to get it, or even better yet, get the latest patch (1.09) and get rid of all sorts of bugs you aren't even aware of.
Although I don't know it for fact, I think Yogi is right. I remember having the same thing in single player a while ago(while trying out trainers of course, I don't think many people max out stats in Classic Diablo SP) and I hadn't patched it either IIRC.

If the update doesn't fix it and you really don't want to find any shrines, there's also an option to remove the points with a trainer, but I personally do not recommend it. First it seems a bit cheesy* and second - you might mess up your char if you don't know what you are doing.

Hope the patch fixes it.

* I believe the rules for Elemental Mage team(or was it Wizards?) say that you can remove the birth-given firebolt using a trainer from the mage who chooses not to use fire-based spells; just a parallel.
-Cytrex
Hi,

You can get the patches for the PC at http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/patches/pc/

The 1.07 patch should address all the main bugs (don't get 1.08, it is broken) and should fit on a disk. The 1.09 could be zipped across two floppies and used as well.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,May 27 2003, 08:39 PM Wrote:Hi,

You can get the patches for the PC at http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/patches/pc/

The 1.07 patch should address all the main bugs (don't get 1.08, it is broken) and should fit on a disk.  The 1.09 could be zipped across two floppies and used as well.

--Pete
>Once downloaded were in the diablo files shall I place it ?

>Thanx for the help (10 replies in a few hours) thanx guys :)
>Sorry for making 2 replies instead of making 1 (I know how some people get annoyed by it)

>Anyway i have recently experienced some strange things when playing diablo on the patch im on. Does anyone know a website that explains the changes in the new patches so that I could identify some of faults I may have found ?
Click here for a list of the changes that each patch makes

Once there, just select a patch you want to know about.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Hi,

Once downloaded were in the diablo files shall I place it ?

Doesn't matter where you put it. Throw it in the Windows\Temp for all that matters. Just double click on it and away you go. :D

--Pete

>Thanx you have all being a great help

>Do i have to lose my old charicter ?

>If I do then I think think after downloading the patch I'll maybe start a warrier charicter
>I used the link that you gave me yogi and read all the upgrades in all the versions :P

>The level up error was indeed fixed in version 2

>I noticed that most of the versions upgraded battle-net more than the actual game errors and only found 1 or 2 bug corrections that would really affect me.

>In version 1.07 it says that the following bug was fixed

'Fixed bugs that prevented items with the suffixes Thieves, Speed/Haste, Balance/Stability/Harmony, and Piercing/Bashing/ Puncturing from working properly'

>What was the problem with Balance/Stability/Harmony ?
>Has the speed/haste bug actualy being changed ?
Quote:>Has the speed/haste bug actualy being changed ?

According to Jarulf's Guide, no. So your character in 1.07 will swing just as fast with a weapon of speed as he/she will with a weapon of haste.
--Pete