:D
Yeah Baby!

:D :D :D :D :D
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

no text
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
*thank you!*
WWBBD?
*thank you!*
WWBBD?
Bolty,May 27 2003, 10:32 PM Wrote:It is done...

Polls are now admin-only.  If you think of a REALLY neat idea for a poll, we could run with it, but otherwise members can no longer create polls.

-Bolty
Cool ! :D Power to the Admins baby ;) ! I thought this conclusion was arrived at before , but somehow must have been entangled in the Time Travel poll that hasn't happened ... yet ... :blink:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Good sir, what's the address I ship the case of Rolling Rock to? :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Well you could send your rolling rocks to a place dedicated to boulders.

And not just any boulders. These ones are special. :huh:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Quote:Well you could send your rolling rocks to a place dedicated to boulders.

ROFL, that site is very amusing :) I really like the custom pieces he will make on request.

As for the Polls:

God Bless Bolty
The guy who put that site up has a certain flair for comic genius, and I suspect he may have more than one customer. Talk about a great gag gift for your boss when he moves on . . .

"No, you dumb dumb, this precious art gift to boss you order! He will appreciate priceless art that can only appreciate in value over time!"

:lol:

Thanks for the link.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 28 2003, 10:57 AM Wrote:Good sir, what's the address I ship the case of Rolling Rock to? :)
If Bolty is uninterested, I would eagerly accept a case. :D

Only available in the U.S. of A. - and a pity too. It is almost as good as Crystal beer.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Oh, well.
I think they wish for something with more kick occhi, maybe like vodka?
We mods had to do some petitioning, too! Well, we had to talk about it, send it to committee, have it porkbarreled, and then trim the fat. But the point is, we helped to!

It all started with a joke...

Bolty: 1.10 to be released Friday, May 23

(But 'twas just a cover (!) to make us read his message, which is of no consequence in this matter.)

Elric: *threatens Bolty with a trout* Not fair!

Lemming: Stand down and set aside thy trout!
We hath bigger, larger, and enormouser fish to fry! A grave threat continues to rear its most rearsome head upon our very forums: polling art verily still enabled!

Me, myself, and I (Aye, all three of us!) agree that such a feature shouldst be disabled promptily. What thinkst thou, fellow mods of the Lounge Table? Shall we perchance smite this most threatsome evil lest yet another survey surfaces anon?

Griselda: Thrice?
Well, if all three of you voted, then you hardly have to ask any of us for our opinions, do you?

I guess I don't really like the polls, but don't see them as any more inane than the average conversation in the general forum. I don't feel any pressing need to get rid of them, but I can't say that I'd miss them, either.

I certainly don't want to talk to a bunch of people about why I won't post their poll, though, so I'd rather not do mod-only. I know we don't really *do* much around here right now, but it just doesn't seem worth it.

Elric: Lo!
Hail small creature!

Withersoever doth thou look, polls of meaning trivial and content-barren brazenly block thy sight: 'tis an affront to Bolty! I would that polls be bannished to the seven hells, and their foul bodies rent twain.

Lemming: Twain?!
Surely thou jest! Twain seemeth far, far too unnumerous! Yon pollcreature must be severed into no less than seven divisions, one for each hell! Exile? Banishment? Nay, send it to hell where its annoysome presence and inane multiple choice interface shall vex the damned till they draw and quarter the loathesome, affrontish thing! Its screams shall reverberate 'gainst the very bowels of the Earth as pollcreature is sent to reside in hell/hell! Then it will be banished once more to D2, where upon Blizz shall include it as a dialogue feature.

Brainless has entered the game.
To all players: "DO U HAV SOJ? Yes/No"

'Tis scary because thou couldst picture Blizz doing such.

Ah, and Lady Griselda:
Well, if all three of you voted, then you hardly have to ask any of us for our opinions, do you?

Oh, I most agree. Unfortunately, me and myself do not. We art the check, balance, and imbalance; though we never agree whom is whom is whom.

I guess I don't really like the polls, but don't see them as any more inane than the average conversation in the general forum. I don't feel any pressing need to get rid of them, but I can't say that I'd miss them, either.

Milady, thy vernacular art most peculiar. I shalt try my best to unravel it.

Hmmst... Aye, verily. Pollage couldst be argued equally inane t' th' general content. However, it hast quite been mine observation that polls create oversimplified answers to complexified inquiries. And, as often as not, polls art created when a general query wouldst be sufficient to sate the questioneer's curiosity.

I certainly don't want to talk to a bunch of people about why I won't post their poll, though, so I'd rather not do mod-only. I know we don't really *do* much around here right now, but it just doesn't seem worth it.

Nor would me, myself, or I. Elric's suggestion appeal'st most favorably to mine nonsensibilities.

Bolty: Re: Twain?!
Ok, anyone who's willing to write what you just wrote there deserves to have their way!

Seriously, though...

(snip!)

Eh, you dunnae want to read that part.

And now, ye subjects of th' Lounge table, ye knowest th' deepest an' most darkestest secrets of th' politics of th' Lounge. When yer not lookin', we talk funny and wave trouts at each other in most terrifying displays of Fishmanship. Aye, once Elric, glistenin' trout in hand, sunder'd an oaken table in a fit of uncontrollable disappointment! (Ye should see 'im when 'e's mad!) An' Lady Griselda? Oh, aye, she once split me in twain with tha' icy stare of 'ers. Ye know, th' one where she gets tha' look in 'er eye that says, "Ye perpost'rous li'l rodent! Quit pokin' metal objects in th' electrical socket an' shorting out the Lounge!"

I could go on, but th' message runs long as i' is. Th' point, me Roguish friend, is we "other" Mods of th' Lounge Table 'ad a hand in th' bannin' too. So roll a rock on top of me too, aye?

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Seems like that writing is worth a case at least. :lol:

Tip: Read it aloud to get the most of it.
. . . to legally imbibe beer?

Maybe if I sent you a case, then yer significant elders would have me up on charges after just one session of a crazed Lemming stumbling about the house, drooling on all of the carpets . . .

But I'll think of something, like maybe a nice, jumbo sized box of Pixips from Sam's Club. :D
In Memory of Pete
The offer of Rolling Rock is a reference to something we both know about Penn State University, where Bolty did his undergrad work, and a bar called the Skeller that serves Rolling Rock at very attractive prices. :)
In Memory of Pete
The David Eddings School of Management is proud of you :D
...on being crushed by a nice, mossy four-ton boulder. Maybe a snowy one from atop Mt. Arreat? Crush me beneath an avalanche of origami boulders, mayhap?

As I said, "Roll a rock on top of me too, aye?"

I used to talk to pubbies that way long before I ever read Eddings.