a bug/problem...
I know I should probably post in the battle.net forums, but I'm hoping someone here will be able to help.
This problem is occuring frequently now. Sometimes, when I enter a game, after a few seconds, Diablo boots me to the desktop, and I get this message: ClrPlrPath: illegal player 7
My only option is to click "OK", so I do, and I restart Diablo. Sometimes it will happen again, when I enter or create a game, sometimes it won't. I don't remember Diablo doing this a few years ago at all, so it is a totally new problem for me. I'm running windows 98 se. Has anyone experienced this before, and does anyone have any idea how to fix this?? It's getting quite annoying....
i've had the same bug(i'm running se, too), but after saving my saves and reinstalling Diablo it works....
my english is so bad...
how to say "Ausdrucksprobleme" in English??
Is this MP Bnet or SP? Because if it's MP then chances are you're getting crashed by other players.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
i think it's an ingame Problem...
my english is so bad...
NiteFox,May 22 2003, 10:01 AM Wrote:Is this MP Bnet or SP? Because if it's MP then chances are you're getting crashed by other players.
Yes, that is exactly the same error message I receive whenever I get crashed playing with my public game mage. Generally cheaters become very angry when I start correcting their messages or bridge trapping them in town, and their reaction is usually this.
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"
Accidental post, must be deleted.
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

I haven't tried reinstalling Diablo yet...
But yes, this is on battle.net.
Why would cheaters get mad at me? The only thing I do (or rather don't do) is not talk. When in public games, if I'm not with friends, I just stay silent. I've seen some people get mad over this (don't know why) but I can't imagne that's all it takes? Quite sad if that is the reason :(

EDIT: Is there any way to prevent others from doing this to me?
dfn,May 22 2003, 11:12 PM Wrote:Why would cheaters get mad at me?  The only thing I do (or rather don't do) is not talk.  When in public games, if I'm not with friends, I just stay silent.  I've seen some people get mad over this (don't know why) but I can't imagne that's all it takes?  Quite sad if that is the reason :(
Well, people who usually enter games and say nothing are most likely:
  • exporting other players' items,
    <>
  • looking for other players to PK/MK,
    <>
  • droping items on the ground to transfer to another character of theirs,
    <>
  • too shy to say something.<>
    [st]There are other possibilities of course, but I've listed the ones I could come up with at such a late hour.

While the last two kinds are very benign, the first two are not, and are generally more common. So make sure you let the people know that you come in peace and just want to coop. Now, whether that's smart or not, decide for yourself (possibly utilizing a scanner).
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
I would say, avoid playing with your primary characters public games at all costs. As Yogi already pointed out, item exporting is an outrageous reality, which could cause frustration.

OTOH, as it happened to me, I missed the public games due to their fun factor. Cheaters are worthless scum but still they can be hilarious with their pseudo-styles of playing the game. Frustrated PK attempts always give a good laugh either.

Roleplaying with a Variant makes the average gamers to go insane. They have no idea at all of what is going on in the game and start flooding with question marks.

Public Game Characters created for that purpose don't have to be weak at all. A Sorcerer with a CR and a Lion jewel to avoid MS Bug is already very powerful.

Why would cheaters get mad at me? The only thing I do (or rather don't do) is not talk. When in public games, if I'm not with friends, I just stay silent. I've seen some people get mad over this (don't know why) but I can't imagne that's all it takes? Quite sad if that is the reason

Game crashers are any other brand of cheater: brats. When they're not happy, they throw their weight around. Why? This little joke explains it vividly:

Where does an 800-lb. gorilla sleep?
Anywhere it wants.

They crash because they can. Don't look for a reason. You won't find anything remotely logical. Some simply get their kicks from this kind of grief play.

EDIT: Is there any way to prevent others from doing this to me?

You'd need to run Dhack with an anti-Autokill dat of some sort. Frankly, I think it's easier to just play private games with friendly folks. There's just too much crap to play seriously in public games.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
:D it's not an ingame Problem...
you're right.
after playing the "working" game in SP, i started in bnet...
on a public a damn mage pked my new warrior :(
so i killed him with my maincharakter (a better mage than his/her)...
after that:
same Problem...damn
my english is so bad...
Pfeh. Pubbies aren't interested in crashing me no more. They've got bigger things to worry about.

Like... Oh, that large pack of Hell Black Deaths I just activated and teleported away from. That usually serves as a decent destraction, if justified of course...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Pfeh??
my english is so bad...
Oh joy. Have not been in a D1 pubbie in ages. Had a rogue around 9, was getting used to the game again. Found the usual 19th level fellow with 2000 out of 4130 points in life standing by Adria's. I commented: My goodness, your life is a bit . . . high.

He replied that I had suck items (thanks for the scan, pal) and offered me better stuff.

My reply: LOL, I don't cheat, I just play with what I find, thanks anyway.

And then it begins, him asking the two others who thinks they have the best armor, and sure enough, he starts in about his Godly Plate of the Whale. I had to chuckle. It was almost nostalgic. Of course, the discussion gets fun with 'can you show me how to dupe?' with the usual reply of 'use Alt-F4' being takes as advice. Man, some things never change.

Of course, Mr 2000 inserted "who wants to fight me" a few times, after he kept triggering the message that "dumbarse has just tried to use an illegal program" (I think he was trying to use town kill, not sure) to which no one replied in the affirmative.

In reply to one of the others asking Mr 2000 about GPOW, looks like he did not have the word, Mr 2000 he starts in about it and I cut in:

"GPOW is a cheat, has been for about 5 years or so, and if you bother to check Jarulf's Guide, you will know that it takes a cheat to make it."

One of them: "What is Jarulf's Guide?"

My reply:

"It was featured on CNN a while back, go to yahoo and do a search. You will find it, and most likely be amazed by it."

Genius: "Do you have a URL?"

'If you are too lazy to do the yahoo search, then Jarulf's Guide is not for you.'

and the name calling commenced . . . just like old times. :D

Ogden's first pint of Westmarch bitter really tasted good. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
You're joking right? Any player knowledgeable enough to be concerned by black deaths would not have much hassle to avoid them. They're slower than molasses!
Occhidiangela,May 23 2003, 05:01 PM Wrote:"GPOW is a cheat, has been for about 5 years or so, and if you bother to check Jarulf's Guide, you will know that it takes a cheat to make it."
Oh, wait, was it legit before that? :lol:
-Cytrex