Experince Question
>I am currently building up my rogue (now clvl34) and i wondered were I should be going to get the best amount of XP for my current level

>I used this guide http://home.att.net/~dsf.glossary/diablo-exp.html and when looking from clvl45 to clvl50 i noticed that it advises you to go to hell/caves to get the best amount XP

>I have always being under the impression that from clvl45 to clvl50 people did hell/hell runs, although knowing that some people prefer hell/caves, hell/cats I just wondered what made peoples minds up of were to go

>Is it because of the better item drops, laz runs, or does it suit most peoples
style of playing ?

When did i realize I was god ?
I was preying to god and i realized i was talking to myself !
Hi,

I used this guide http://home.att.net/~dsf.glossary/diablo-exp.html and when looking from clvl45 to clvl50 i noticed that it advises you to go to hell/caves to get the best amount XP

Yep. If you are just leveling, then you want to go where you can get the most experience in a given time. If you go too low, you can kill a lot of monsters fast, but you don't get much per monster. In the low limit, you could be killing monsters that are ten or more levels below your level and get no experience. If you go too high, you can get a lot of experience per monster, but the monsters take longer to kill. If you get too high, you run into the 200*clvl experience point cap (that's why the table in the link tops at 9000 at clvl 45, 9200 at clvl 46, etc.) The ideal place is somewhere in between.

Clearly, the best place is where you are getting the max, or near the max, points per monster as long as you can do it fast. That's why chain lightning and caves is a good combination for players in this range of clvls.

However, there are other considerations this table does not address. So, for instance, if your character is shrine hunting, then clearly dlvl 1 to 8 is where you want to play. If you want to do the hunting fast, then normal is the place to go, using teleport to move around fast. You don't even bother killing any of the monsters. If you are looking for a particular unique, especially a hard to get unique, then that determines where and how to search (e.g., Helm of Sprits is "a nightmare clvl 2 doing all the bosses" run. Not the only place you can get it, but your best bet overall). And if you are looking for gear, then the "Laz run" in normal is the most productive way to do it. Simply go through level 13 and 14 fast, using teleport and killing only the bosses. Then, on 15, go after the four bosses that are always there (3 witches whose names I've forgotten and Laz). Some people like to go down to 16 and get Sir Garbage, but I've always felt that that was a waste of time. Took too long to find him.

Now, personally, I consider all these (and shopping) a waste of time. Although I did do a HoS hunt for my "big" warrior. I prefer to just play where I'm middlin' challenged and care neither for high level characters nor great equipment. But other's have other goals :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I agree with Pete on this...
Allthough there are better places to level fast, I usually go to hell/hell with my lvl 44 rogue.
Just try and play hell/cata or hell/caves for a while:
you will be borede pretty quick.

I prefer to give the monsters a chance too ;)
They get a lot of chances to kill me ( and they often do so), but too me that is what makes the game intresting.

If there is no risk what so ever to die, then where is the fun?
Thanx a lot pete

Jane, how long has it taked to build up your rogue so far ?
er, let me see
I started my rogue somewhere in August 2002, so that would make her about 10 months old.
I must add that I don't play every single day and I have had diablo-free weeks quite a few times.
I am certainly not the fastest player in the world ;)