E-mail scam
I just got an e-mail scam message, a pretty clever one.

Spoofed sender: Earthlink Customer Support (Earthlink is my ISP)

Something like this (I deleted it, don't recall exact wording):

There was a problem with processing your last monthly bill. It appears that your credit card is expired. Please click here to update your credit card information.

Of course it's a scam. I clicked the link just to see where it took me, it was a spoofed Earthlink page out of somewhere in Europe (Italy, as I recall).

Now, that's a pretty convincing scam. Especially if you're not sure which card you have set up to make monthly payments.
I used to get that message, and on each occasion, I would call earthlink and ask them about the problems. I would snipe at the fools in customer support, and ask them why they did not show credit, since my credit card statement was showing a monthly charge.

Needless to say, earthlink never stopped service.

:)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I got a message along those lines awhile ago as well, except it was PayPal and not my ISP. It said something about confirming account information or some such and included an online form for me to fill out with my name, address, and credit card info. It was very well done and rather convincing. I would've inquired about it except for the fact that I had never even dealt with PayPal at any time before I received the email.

--Copadope
Did you make sure the site didn't have those scripts that involves trojans? Sometimes they do nasty things behind your back :blink:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)