Poll: what do you think what has the better chance of finding beter things
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1.barb
11.11%
1 11.11%
2.amazon
11.11%
1 11.11%
3.sorceress
44.44%
4 44.44%
4.assassin
11.11%
1 11.11%
5.pally
11.11%
1 11.11%
6.druid
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

hat is the best class for mfing
I asked this on my friend listing, MANNY of people had different anwers...

I came to a Few conclusions, i used my 83 zon and my 85 druid on hell and nightmare both had enough mf power to get alot of unqiues was given, so was sets item.. but i found something intresting while i was testing a notion of something and discovered that to get beter things you practally have to be 3 spaces away from the boss exsample:

one game i killed mephisto practally up close using my zon with a mf of 606 got rid of my occies and other buged items so this is a legit mfing my merc is a rogue level 82 with a magewrath 1,07 version and and wealth and helm with 3 socs with 3 pefect topaz, while i have wealth chance gloves.1.07 version practally 37%, a tarn that was at 47 till i topazed it witha pefect this rose the mf to 70 should have used my 49% one while back instead... some charms of 6'6scmf and some fours and threes and one grand charm of 12% cruel boots that give me 32 with 117 gold finding.... and some 26% mf nagels anda almost perfect langerbrasier 57% mf, okay now that is out of the away..... i took my zon on 20 games and while i did the 3 spaces away from meph and my merc fired and i fired low and behold we find numerous set and unqies laying around the chamber and the coucil chambers killed them and found some good things some things that go to one set and otherthing that go toa olderset tancred spine and miltary pick all in one game on the same board, now the other 10 games was far and away with guided and barely found anything worth while no unquies but found manny rares, other games was nothing when i let meph chase me and and parked him right across the river of blood and i was on the other side and back up and 6 spaces away{he was off screen but i know i was hiting him due to my mana leach] after that there was hardly anything only magic and white things... seems magick find is no adapated to meelee characters and sorcs this would mean a sorc can teleport 3 spaces and blast and collect her things and get better things than being far and away...

edit: had to add that the druid was used wa swaped with my zon rig and the meele found like valk wing and etheral magfists and venom grips and tearhunch
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
People are STILL playing D2 for item finding? Urgh...

I think this is my first flame ever, congrats!
I tried reading your post, I really did, but I had to give up. Too many numbers and too few linebreaks.
It is also a good idea to try to end sentences once in a while.

Anyway, I could not care less what class is best for mfing as I prefer playing the game rather than killing
the same monsters over and over and over again just to get some unique item that half of b-net already has.
Quote:Anyway, I could not care less what class is best for mfing as I prefer playing the game rather than killing
the same monsters over and over and over again just to get some unique item that half of b-net already has.

Me too.

Also Wiccan you should edit the poll. You are asking "what do you think what has the better chance of finding beter things" The characters are not inanemate objects they are in a sense alive in the world of D2/LoD. Therefore calling them "what's" is not all that appropriate.

As well, this thread/topic is in the wrong forum. Should have been posted in Atma's Tavern.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
I am looking items for my characters, not to sell to others or find for money, i just love to play the game for fun and to help others
1.) You left out necro. Sure he can't really kill bosses at a decent pace, but killing normal monsters (cough- cows) is just as sucessful. If you really wanted to follow the typical B.net mentality of forgetting about necros, you should also get rid of everything except Amazon and Sorc :)

2.) Polls suck. If you want discussion, just ask, because nobody really cares about polls. Morever, diffrent builds of the same characters are better. I think a Javazon is better for MF than a bowazon. But that's just me.

3.) Your post hurt my eyes. I usually am not that picky, but read your own posts! Even if English is not your first language, you could at least break it apart. Or at least shorten the damn thing.

Personally, I think sorc is the best if you are untwinked, and barb is the best if you have a good weapon. But hell, I've found all sorts of items with all my characters. It just happens that I have more luck than my sorceress. She has 400% mf, but honestly, it really doesn't matter much over 100%, because of diminishing returns and the chance of an exceptional or elite item rolling unique is hard. You can use any character, give them decent killing power and some mf. They will do perfectly fine. Restricting it based on Character class is flawed because there is more than one way to build them. If you really want to know, ask it in a b.net channel.

I like Mf'ing. I don't like trying to decypher English.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
MonTy,May 20 2003, 04:11 AM Wrote:People are STILL playing D2 for item finding? Urgh...

I think this is my first flame ever, congrats!
Err... while the post wasn't that great, I don't think it's that apporiate for flaming someone over a style of playing. Some people like to be treasure hunters. I personally collect items for novelty. After all, items are a large part of the game, no matter how much we try to avoid the matter. And after you've defeated the prime evils, it's about time to make yourself rich.

After all, some people say, people still play D2 to kill monsters? :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Sorceress. Nothing beats teleport for reaching the best MF targets fast.
First of all, you say in your post- "got rid of my occies and other buged items" Now, I know that you mention getting rid of them, but you weren't very clear about whether you don't use them at all, or whether you just weren't using them at that time. I want to be clear about our position- if you cheat at multiplayer Diablo, you are NOT welcome to post here!

Second, many posters have mentioned that your messages are very confusing and difficult to understand. You have stated that you have a disability that makes writing difficult for you. You have my sympathy. However, I don't think that access to a computer gaming forum is something that is available to all people, regardless of diabilities. There are some disabilities, for example, that would make playing any video game impossible. Those individuals probably will not visit video game forums, even if other personal qualities might have made them valuable community members. Others may enjoy the game, but might have a disability that makes forum use difficult or impossible. This is unfortunate, but I dont' think that there's anything we could do to counter that on our end.

Posters here are expected to be able to type in such a way that others will be able to understand what they're saying. They need to organize their thoughts in a way that the reader will be able to follow the message. Also, the use of punctuation and paragraphs are expected. This is the standard for the Lurker Lounge. Other forums may have different expectations.

If communication is the goal, doesn't it make sense that one would need to be able to communicate in writing to be an effective participant?

I realize that asking this of you might require you to spend a much longer time than the "average" person would typing up posts. I'm not trying to place an unfair burden on you, but I don't see any other reasonable options at this point.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
First off, I want to add my voice concerning how you "got rid of" your occy rings and such -- if you use them EVER, you are not welcome to post here. Period. We don't want to discuss only your "legit" characters here; we don't want to discuss what you do when you don't cheat. It's very simple -- don't cheat, or don't post here.

Secondly, as was already mentioned, you really need to clean up your posts. I understand that you're trying, but consider shorter or simpler posts. No one here is trying to be callous or uncarring -- it's simply that if we can't make out what your posts say, it's very difficult to make any helpful reply.

As for mf'ing, it depends. It depnds on what you want to find, how good your available equipment is to start, on how much time you're willing to spend looking. For meph runs, sorc or barb is almost certainly best -- sorc is faster, but the barb is far more durable, so it's a trade-off whether you can afford to die occasionally or not.

On the other hand, in the "secret" cow level, a javazon is probably the best. Due to the nature of enemies in the cow level, a javazon using LF needs only 2 things -- MF and +skills, and the latter aren't even neccessary. While a hell bovine has a very low chance to drop uniques/sets, there are so darn many of them you'll usually get decent results. As a bonus, you'll net far more charms, gems and jewels (and gold) than in a similar ammount of time spent on meph runs.

<<edit (adding the following paragraph): as for your tests, the distance from the boss has no effect (I think that's what you were talking about, if I'm wrong, forgive me). When the game checks to see the quality of the item, all it knows is what monster was killed, what player killed it, and how much magic find that player had on at the time. What your tests showed is simply that you can kill meph and get 3 blue items and some gold, or you can kill him and get 4 uniques and a set piece. It's the quantity of mf runs that nets good items. >>

As a final note, I wish people would stop trashing the poll option. I'm not saying a poll is usefull as a poll, BUT it can spark discussion just like a regular post. If you don't like the poll option, let the admins know and ignore them at the top of a poll thread.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I only used one occy and got rid of it before is posted this... 3 weeks ago on my zon, and went back to being legit the way i was before gotten the occy,i simply i sold the occy and left the game and never looked back(i also stated that i was not looking for anything i was doing basic mfing for any thing that came up worth while..... hence why i did not say what i was looking for because i wasnt looking for anything valuable...}

I felt the occy was giving me a unfair advantage to mfing and that was a no no to me always been legit never use hacked or bugged items the occy was given to me and i used it for one week on my sorc then decided to see what would happen to my mfing if i added it to my mf rig on my zon and felt like i was cheating and decided to that it was not right..

Thirdly that post was a on a new medication that my doctor prescribed to me it really did not work, now i am back on my old medications{when the words on the fourms begin to dance in front of your eyes and seems to fall off the board and blur so that you can not read your own posting....

The reason the necromancer class was left out because is simple

no one said necro....not a single one

Now this post clear up your flames and your postings that your seem to be really against my posting of english and context..........

next time i ask what is the beter class for mfing in public and on my friend list make sure your on my listing or in the rooms that i asked and btw i asked all the rooms and they gave me different clasess i did not ask for cow games, i did not ask about leveling, i asked about mfing i stated where i mf and most people use meph,baal, diablo, pindle... next time keep where you level with what and what build out of the poll
Gekko... i never asked about builds, cows or leveling...

And the distance between me meph was big thing due to i tested this in 20 games far and melee fighting with my zon and it came away with better things while i was in melee distance
Quote:Thirdly that post was a on a new medication that my doctor prescribed to me it really did not work, now i am back on my old medications{when the words on the forums begin to dance in front of your eyes and seems to fall off the board and blur so that you can not read your own posting....

THEN... STOP... TYPING. This makes as much sense as being unable to walk or focus your eyes, but still determined to drive your car.

Quote:Now this post clear up your flames and your postings that your seem to be really against my posting of english and context..........

I don't buy it. I don't buy your excuses when I've SEEN you use words and grammar correctly... and yet you still punch out this mangled drivel. It becomes GLARINGLY apparent that the problem with your communication skills is NOT any inability to type or form cogent comments; instead it's your overriding BAD ATTITUDE and determination that it is EVERYONE ELSE that must decipher your posts, instead of YOU needing to rework your mistakes.

This is the equivalent of you walking out into the Streets of Real Life and babbling incoherently to passer's-by... then getting upset when they don't want to talk to you.

You were just addressed by an ADMIN to make a concerted effort to bring your comments and posting into the realm of "legible". Instead of taking it as an official nudge, you chose instead to accuse Griselda's suggestions as Flaming and cop a plea for being picked on. Griselda just wrote, in my opinion, THE most polite request for you to bring up your game that I could ever imagine being posted. YOU, in your infinite wisdom, decided to make it an issue of elitism. Congratulations on looking like a complete ass.

Get off your damned soapbox, drop the attitude and lose your crutch of an excuse. You're winning no battles and making no headway. There is not a single person here that would not congratulate your gains if you were to work at them. Respect is given to those that work to overcome their obstacles, not whine to everyone to move their obstacles for them.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Ignoring that I cant barely follow what you are trying to say....

You sure give a lot of orders.
Quote:Now this post clear up your flames and your postings

Please re-read my post. There is absolutely nothing in my post that can be "cleared up" with a single reply. Your current medical status is also *not* a factor here. If you're not sure why, re-read my post.

I am asking you to organize your thoughts in such a way that other people will be able to follow them. I am asking you to use capitol letters, punctuation, AND paragraphs, in *every* post.

You are correct; I'm not addressing the original topic. But, this is something that needed to be addressed.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
I will try my best....
I was not saying anything to about her flaming... she was trying to help me...
Hi Griselda,
There are Lurkers who ignore posts made by posters who consistently post drivel or in such a way that it is very difficult to decipher what is being said (and especially frustrating to find that the effort was a waste of time, that the post was not worth reading even if it were written in perfect English). I applaud those who can do this despite the urge to dish out constructive criticism or flames. However, it is very difficult to skip over or ignore posts made by spammers. Persons with difficulty communicating in writing should not be spamming the forum with their senseless posts (and neither should their "spouses"). You have guidelines for posters here and there should be no exceptions to them. Persons who cannot follow these guidelines should not be posting here at all. Sure, they may lurk here and read what other people are sharing, but if they cannot contribute in a manner that is acceptable, then they should remain in "lurk mode".

Pirengle, Elric and others mentioned their handicaps when it comes to the written word, and, yet, their posts are easy to read and understand (by the way, Word also comes with a grammar checker). Because they can somewhat relate to others with similar handicaps, they shared their experiences on this forum in hope that it will help others. Apparently, where it matters most, these helpful insights fell on deaf (or arrogant) ears. You and the other moderators have given Wiccan a generous amount of time to change and become a part of this community, yet Wiccan continues to do as he pleases without regard for the community he willfully inserts himself into.

As far as polls are concerned, I do not mind them as they can initiate interesting conversation. I do, however, mind when a pollster exerts his biased view on a poll by excluding a candidate that he does not like.

Xi
Wiccan,May 22 2003, 01:01 AM Wrote:I was not saying anything to about her flaming... she was trying to help me...
Here is a tip to get you on your way:

A single period ends a sentence. Not two, not three, but one period. I have my doubts that your disability causes your fingers to violently shake over the '.' key, but not others.

Three periods can be used to denote a comment that trails off, such as an unfinished thought that you intend the reader to finish based upon the context. It is not good form to use this often in writing. I suggest you stop it entirely, as that would probably be easier for you than to try to figure out when you can actually use it.
*edit* Whoa, missed a "s" in the title :huh:

I got quite annoyed right away about his comment about occies and bugged items.

Quote:...I don't think it's that apporiate for flaming someone over a style of playing.

After reading his post, I got the idea of his style of play. You think it's appropriate for The Lurker Lounge?

Quote:I personally collect items for novelty.

That's great, but do you collect bugged occies and bugged items? Hope not. If you did, I would respond to you differently. Like how I responded to Wiccan.

Quote: After all, some people say, people still play D2 to kill monsters?

Hope that's not aimed at me. Some people play to roleplay and to group, not to just kill monsters.

Like I said, that's pretty much my first time I flammed someone. I think the post deserved it.