The Matrix
All I can say is: WOW :o There hasn't been a better movie -> game conversion since N64 Goldeneye!

Must keep short as to not distract from playing :)

Edit: I do have one complaint - whose funny idea was it to ditch the Jewel case?? If I'm paying $50 for a game I do NOT expect paper disc holders!
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
1h into game: WOW.
5h into game: Bah. Boring.

PS2-Version, PC version was too buggy.
Do I have to play as someone from Jada Pinkett's lame crew, or can I actually play as someone I WANT to play?

If I can't play as Morpheus, Trinity, Neo, or (please, god, even if it is only for one level or as a secret character) Agent Smith, then my response is this:

Imagine a game company getting the only James Bond game license in existance, and only allowing you to play as Felix Leiter.

Sure, the game could be totally awesome, but it almost defeats the point of licensing the thing in the first place.
I love the game, although I'm stuck with both characters atm. I liked the "hacking" option as well. Made me think about good old DOS :)

It's a bit Max Payneish with the slowmotion fighting. Camera-angels can be annoying at times but I guess that goes for all 3rd person shooters. You got to give it credit for including 1 hour of exclusive footage (yes, footage).

If you like Matrix (the storyline, not only Neo) I would strongly suggest getting it.
LiquidDamage,May 20 2003, 02:17 AM Wrote:Do I have to play as someone from Jada Pinkett's lame crew, or can I actually play as someone I WANT to play?
You can only play with Ghost or Niobe. And I liked Felix. ;)
Patch 1.52 is out, here's a link direct to the file:
ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/enterthe...RIX_ANY-152.EXE
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Excellent graphics:
[Image: pic10257.gif]

I haven't played the game yet, and still I have all these bad things I can say about the game, but I think I'll just let that picture speak for itself.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
A friend of mine rented it and wants his $5 back. Took him ~3.5 hours to complete the entire game, the graphics are pretty darn bad (you have to see how bad the running animation is to believe it), and the action basically boiled down to "run around beating on incredibly easy bad guys who can't relaibly hit someone 5 feet in front of them until you stumble upon the right door".

Very boring, very dull, and very unimaginative.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
It's a game based on a movie.. did we really think we'd get an actual game and not just another aspect of the cash cow that is The Matrix?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
I can only think of 1, and only 1 decent move<->game that worked, and that is goldeneye. Amazing game, completed it fully. The matrix could work as a game, if it is loosely based on the films, but I feel that it is just another cash in. Next game on my list for gun-games has to be unreal championship, played unreal tournament, that was pretty sweet :D

kier
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Two rules to live by: Never play a video game based on a movie and never watch a movie based on a video game. Rarely has this credo led me astray.
Now Medicine Man... that 'law' was refered to books<-->movies not so long ago as well so you might want to revise it, you can never know...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I aquired Max Payne as Budget version today, and it is hundred times the fun Enter the Matrix is. And it has much better graphics too (the game is two years old). If you like mindless shooting with bullet-time, rather get Max Payne than EtM.
I'm not sure Haider... I didn't play EtM but I do know the story and if the game's story is anything near the movie's then the story in EtM should be awesome.

Max Payne was a complete let down for me storywise, I just CAN'T play a game with such an unoriginal and boring storyline...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Quote: I can only think of 1, and only 1 decent move<->game that worked, and that is goldeneye.

Not sure about that, "007: License to Kill" was a pretty fine game. Of course, this goes back to the 8-bit Spectrum era, but the game itself WAS good.

Although I can't really think of any other movie<->game conversion (meaning, if I ever played it, it wasn't good enough to remember :lol:)
Was he on Easy? I rented it last weekend, beat it on easy with Ghost, stuck with Niobe on Normal. TOO MANY GUYS!!! They may suck at shooting, but if there is at least five of them at all times, no matter who you kill, in an open room.... Then you run out of Focus and die. Yeah, it was fun, but did have some serious issues.
...I still played it for hours :lol:

Xbox version:
# The graphics are really bad (tons of clipping errors and such).
# The storyline is completely #$%&ed, it makes absolutely no sense if you haven't seen the movie.
# The driving and passenger seat shooting levels are unbelievably stupid and boring as well as badly scripted (I was playing as Ghost and Niobe got stuck driving three times in a row).
# The camera has a deranged mind of it's own and there is no third-person-lookaround mode.
# The last couple of levels are especially bad, leaving you with the desire to hit your TV for not showing something cool at the end.

and still...I finished the game on easy with both characters without a problem, easy is unbelievably, well, easy. Got stuck with Ghost on Hard fighting the Swat chopper, am now close to completion with Ghost on Normal, not much trouble.

Why did I play such a crappy game for so long?

The Focus moves just rock!

Even though your stupid char will get stuck in midmove every other time there's just something about running along walls, sommersaulting of and snatching a gun from a SWAT guy to beat him to death with it.
Fun enough to (almost) ignore the fact that this game is a heap'o'dung.

well, all of the above IMHO, of course

Greetings
Nuur

Edit: I forgot about your enemies getting stuck within one another, not a pretty sight...
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.