I Beat King Leoric ...BUT
Okay Ive beat king Leoric and all of his following/army. I have destroyed the 4 crucified skelletons and have pulled both leavers that are on that level. But I dont know how to advance? Defeating Leoric and his army was not that hard, I was anticipating it to be much more difficult, it didnt take much with my war hammer to destroy him then take his crown :D I thought that was pretty cool.

>But what am I overlooking or neglecting to do? I dont know how to advance to the next level.
Hail Merciless,

In Single Player, Leoric is on a single level by himself (well, him and his minions by themselves); there is no lower level. You need to return to dlvl3 (where you found the entrance to his tomb), and complete it; there's stairs down to dlvl4 there :)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Elric of Grans,May 18 2003, 10:43 PM Wrote:Hail Merciless,

In Single Player, Leoric is on a single level by himself (well, him and his minions by themselves); there is no lower level. You need to return to dlvl3 (where you found the entrance to his tomb), and complete it; there's stairs down to dlvl4 there :)
Ahhh....now I can recall the entrance to level 4 from the 3rd level. I forgot about that :huh:

are you supposed to go back to town after defeating each boss or level in order to find your next quest.

Thank you Elric of Grans
Hi,

Typically you'll go back to town to identify and sell stuff you pick up, to repair your gear, and to stock up on pots. The way it works out, the three run on about the same cycle (repairs run a bit slower) so you'll typically go to town once or twice a dungeon level. After you hit character level 10 or so, it's a good idea to check out Wirt every time you level up to an even (IIRC, but at least once every two clvls for sure) level.

Unless you are intentionally playing under handicaps, check Griz every time you level up for new and better gear. And take advantage of Pepin's free healing. Town is there for you to use, so go ahead and use it.

And there are a couple of quests that require you to go to town. But anything further would be a spoiler. I'll answer if you ask, but you'll get more of a kick out of it doing it yourself :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,May 19 2003, 05:16 AM Wrote:Hi,

Typically you'll go back to town to identify and sell stuff you pick up, to repair your gear, and to stock up on pots.  The way it works out, the three run on about the same cycle (repairs run a bit slower) so you'll typically go to town once or twice a dungeon level.  After you hit character level 10 or so, it's a good idea to check out Wirt every time you level up to an even (IIRC, but at least once every two clvls for sure) level.

Unless you are intentionally playing under handicaps, check Griz every time you level up for new and better gear.  And take advantage of Pepin's free healing.  Town is there for you to use, so go ahead and use it.

And there are a couple of quests that require you to go to town.  But anything further would be a spoiler.  I'll answer if you ask, but you'll get more of a kick out of it doing it yourself :)

--Pete
Man this message board is "tight", I appreciate everyones time, tips, help and guidance.

Right now Im a "level 11 Warrior" currently on level 4 with about 6500 pieces of gold and still collecting. I have spoke with Wirt a couple time but everything he has to offer seems to be more than I can afford, But I have noticed on level 4 their is a lot of gold, also I drop the Items that Im currently using then re-trace my steps and pick-up everything that is not useful to me and I will teleport back to town and sell what Ive got...then I will go back and pick my items back up. I always make shure that I have at least 1 Teleport scroll at all times.

I am collecting all of this gold but not to shure what to do with it?? Shold I collect like 10000 gold peices then go see Wirt or what do you reccomend. Currently I have;

WEAPONS:
long bow
spiked club 3-6 damage
sword of peircing 4-8 damage
staff of holy bolt 2-4 damage
sword of skill 4-12 damage....+2 dexterity
jagged hammer of illness 5-9 damage....+24% damage, -9 vitality

ARMOUR;

ravens amulet
undead crown
small sheild armour-9

BOOKS

telekenisis (2 of them)
book of charged bolt

SCROLLS

inferno (2 of them)

SPELLS:

Firebolt level-3
holybolt level-4
healing level-2

> Are there items here that are of little use to me since I am a Warrior, or are there any items that you suggest I invest in?

> Im not shure what do do with books and scrolls, since Im a Warrior is it important to have specific books...and are there books that you reccomend that I sell?

thanks
This is what *I* would do:
Quote:long bow
spiked club 3-6 damage
sword of peircing 4-8 damage
staff of holy bolt 2-4 damage
I would sell those
Reasoning: the club is only 3-6, you have better weapons available. The sword of piercing...bleh, the other sword may do more damage, and it pumps your DEX (which imho is the most important stat atm for you)
You've beaten King Leoric, so the staff of HB really has no purpose, imho. It takes up your shield slot too, and, you're a warrior, leave the spellcasting to the mages :)

Quote:sword of skill 4-12 damage....+2 dexterity
I'd keep, and use this one.

Quote:jagged hammer of illness 5-9 damage....+24% damage, -9 vitality
I'd sell this one. I think -9 to vitality is a high price to pay for +24% damage on a hammer.

Quote:telekenisis (2 of them)
book of charged bolt
I'd sell them all. Maybe keep one book of Telekenisis if you don't know the spell yet, and read it when you have enough magic. Otherwise, I'd sell it too. I find CB to be quite useless after the church, especially if you are a warrior.

Quote:inferno (2 of them)
I'd definately sell the scrolls, I hate inferno.

Keep in mind that this is what *I* would do, and is only *my* opinion. It is not right, or better than your opinion. There isn't a "best" way to go about this, it is all relative to how you like playing the game. Have fun! :)
Thank you for your insight. I have zero experience with these type of games(RPG) so any input from you experienced players is well absorbed.

So as a warrior is it not really reccomended to carry and use items related to magic? Such as the "staff of holy bolt"(as you mentioned above) and "spell books" and "spell scrolls"(that require alot of magic)....like over 25 or so.

Is it more advisable to "cash in" on these type of items for a Warrior and use the gold to upgrade "Battle Gear" and such?

This kid Wirt pisses me off :angry: ....every time I give him 50 gold peices he offers me something that is WAY to expensive! Right now I am loading up on the gold and hopefully I will be able to enhance my charecter from him.?.?

I must say, this game is alot of fun!
Thanks
(MERCILESS) I really think that you should try and find out things for yourself in diablo, i suggest finishing the game alone first and then go into more detail after but for now your losing much fun by asking everyone what to do step by step.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but finding things out for yourself in a game is much more fun and challenging than hearing it from others!
Yeah.. if you're a 'first-timer', definitely go for playing the game through without learning too much about it in advance.. I still remember my first Diablo-session. It lasted 8 hours that felt like 2 hours...
. . . only seems special and magical and fun the first time through. It has a certain pleasure all by itself.

Enjoy the ride. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Well if I didnt get any advise on how to approach the butcher I would NEVER have been able to defeat him. This is my 1st time playing this "type" of game(RPG), so it is definately a learning process, I just needed a bit of help understanding the fundamentals and certain principals of the game.

I dont want to store up spell books, scrolls and staff's if they are'nt applicable to my character. I need some assistance with understanding the basics of the game which makes it more enjoyable for me as opposed to not knowing. BUT you guy's have helped out a bunch and I will try and limit my "posts" and figure things out for myself. I suppose half the fun is trial and error(?) but never the less the game is quite an experience....especially for a guy who has never before played a game like this one. There just does'nt seem to be enough hours in a day

Man...Im allready on Diablo overload :lol:

Thanks everyone
Ahh, I remember my first time playing Diablo. It was the demo actually. Played it all night. Then when I got the full game, played that all night too. I think I got to level 27 or 28 without sleeping or eating. I did take bathroom breaks though, I'm weak :unsure:
This kid Wirt pisses me off ....every time I give him 50 gold peices he offers me something that is WAY to expensive!

Everybody hates Wirt. He's the most-loathed thing in all of Diablo, perhaps the most widely loathed creature I've seen in any game. And everybody loves him for it. :)

But for those days when you heart harbors naught but a most grizzly, brutal murder for the boy, remember this lovely image on the LL's own banner page. (It's the one at the very bottom.)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
haha, didn't notice that banner earlier:)
nice work
Quote:I dont want to store up spell books, scrolls and staff's if they are'nt applicable to my character.

Don't worry too much about it and just go down and kill things. The first time I played Diablo it was with a Rogue with a pretty horrid setup (I'll tell you more once you're finished ;) ), and still got through it all.

There is a lot of 'feel' in Diablo. Just go and try to do different things, and just feel if it's easier or harder. The game is very permissive and will let you do things that your character class might not be best at, and still manage to go on.

And don't worry about the quests, just going along makes it 99% guaranteed you'll trigger them in the right moment even if you're not paying much attention. You're in for a treat with the deeper levels of the game if it's your first time :)

[EDIT] I forgot! Yes, we ALL hate Wirt. That accursed peg-legged rascal has got far too much money from me considering his returns :lol: [/EDIT]
It's great to see people are still being introduced to this awesome game. Good luck on your endeavors, Merciless. ;)
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
LemmingofGlory,May 20 2003, 04:15 AM Wrote:This kid Wirt pisses me off  ....every time I give him 50 gold peices he offers me something that is WAY to expensive!

Everybody hates Wirt. He's the most-loathed thing in all of Diablo, perhaps the most widely loathed creature I've seen in any game. And everybody loves him for it. :)

But for those days when you heart harbors naught but a most grizzly, brutal murder for the boy, remember this lovely image on the LL's own banner page. (It's the one at the very bottom.)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
bwahaha.....Now that truly confirms that Im not the only one who dislikes that peg legged rascal.

Next time he scams me :angry: Im gonna pause the game and watch that banner untill I start to feel better :D
Walkiry,May 20 2003, 12:06 PM Wrote:Don't worry too much about it and just go down and kill things. The first time I played Diablo it was with a Rogue with a pretty horrid setup (I'll tell you more once you're finished ;) ), and still got through it all.

There is a lot of 'feel' in Diablo. Just go and try to do different things, and just feel if it's easier or harder. The game is very permissive and will let you do things that your character class might not be best at, and still manage to go on.

And don't worry about the quests, just going along makes it 99% guaranteed you'll trigger them in the right moment even if you're not paying much attention. You're in for a treat with the deeper levels of the game if it's your first time :)

[EDIT] I forgot! Yes, we ALL hate Wirt. That accursed peg-legged rascal has got far too much money from me considering his returns :lol: [/EDIT]
I see your points, I think Im trying to hard to"master" the game 1st time through.... :blink: uhh yeah, like thats gonna happen.

I am starting to understand that there is no exclusive textbook approach to playing this game, but requires experimentation coupled with trial and error.
Kryn,May 20 2003, 01:00 PM Wrote:It's great to see people are still being introduced to this awesome game.  Good luck on your endeavors, Merciless. ;)
I must agree...this game is awesome.
Thanks you for your regards!
dfn,May 20 2003, 12:50 AM Wrote:Ahh, I remember my first time playing Diablo.  It was the demo actually.  Played it all night.  Then when I got the full game, played that all night too.  I think I got to level 27 or 28 without sleeping or eating.  I did take bathroom breaks though, I'm weak  :unsure:
I thought that I was getting a little carried away, Feeww....now I dont feel so bad ;)