A Block List?
Now I normally don't hold grudges against people, but occasionaly there might be people making annoying posts. The mods can't be here 24/7 and sometimes the silliness isn't actualy bannable. Other people have annoyingly huge signatures that I'd rather not bother with.

I'm not pointing out anyone in particular. But I have seen the "block list" work to great effect on vb Bulltien-syle boards. Is it possible to engage it? It would be an effective way to hold "irrecconcible diffrences" without uneccesary bloating of the boards. :)

Seriously, heated argments are fun, but if it only goes between two people, I don't want to read that! :) Well maybe I do, but it gets old.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Hail Archon Wing,

I don't know of what you speak *click* I am sure nothing like this exists *selects Archon Wing* I am sure you imagined it *selects OK*

*grins*

Seriously, I took a bit of a look; I didn't see an option to enable such a thing, but I'm still not very familiar with this new software. I believe it was Pete who described such a thing once, during the beta I believe: he (assuming I remember correctly) has an `idiot list' or something like that... whenever an idiot on his list posts, he ignores it :D Not the perfect option, but it's a start, untill I - or someone else - see another.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
The only "Block list" that exists at the "member" level is towards your own message inbox. If you haven't found it, it's in the same place as your "buddy list" under "My Controls".

If you'd rather not view the images, avatars and signatures that people place with their posts (and in some cases, I agree with you wholeheartedly), you can opt to disable them for your own viewing through "Board Settings" in "My Controls" as well. This, of course, only affects your own viewing.

While the mods can't be here 24/7, I believe they are here often enough to deal with the true idiots and idiocy. When something ticks you off, you have two options:

1. Make note of the author, and never read from them again.
2. Hit "Report this post".

Either one seems perfectly viable to me. :)
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hi,

I believe it was Pete who described such a thing once, during the beta I believe: he (assuming I remember correctly) has an `idiot list' or something like that

While I've long had such a list, it was Occhi who came up with the name.

My list is stored in wetware running an obsolete but still (mostly) functional OS. It has an automated "forget" function, so that anyone on that list periodically gets rechecked. Continual idiocy has a tendency to increase the tenure. Only extreme cases get on the "permanent" (i.e., until the system shuts down) list. ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?