The return of "+ to all attributes" items
Greetings.
I wasn't sure if this fitted in with all the other 1.10 stuff, but it's a bit different, so here it goes. Quite a few of the new 1.10 items have the ability "+ # to all attributes". This reminds me of Diablo :D , and all its stat boosting items. With the ability to put as many stat points as you want in one characteristic; is this ability as useful and interesting as it was in the original Diablo?

I would appreciate some input from fellow Lurker Lounge members.

On a side note: My first topic :ph34r: ....
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
BlackLightning,May 11 2003, 07:28 PM Wrote:Greetings.
I wasn't sure if this fitted in with all the other 1.10 stuff, but it's a bit different, so here it goes. Quite a few of the new 1.10 items have the ability "+ # to all attributes". This reminds me of Diablo  :D  , and all its stat boosting items. With the ability to put as many stat points as you want in one characteristic; is this ability as useful and interesting as it was in the original Diablo?

I would appreciate some input from fellow Lurker Lounge members.

On a side note: My first topic  :ph34r: ....
Isolde mentioned in one of the other 1.10 threads that this is really just a different and simplier way of saying "+# to str, +# to dex, etc". Similar to showing "All resistances +15" rather than listing "+15 to fire, +15 to cold, etc".

Not much in terms of introducing something new, I'm afraid.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Harlequin Crest, Mahim Oak Curio, and MAras Kaleidascope (and probably more I can't think of) all have (had) +# to all attributes, just not written in the same way.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
I don't think +to attributes is really that game breaking (unlike in D1). Damage is more easily increased by increasing skills than increasing stats.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
The real question will be whether or not it is available on magic items, not just uniques. In this case it could make a notable difference. And I always love a return to the classics.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!