Neverwinter Nights
Someone in here play/played the NWN campaign?

Anyway, I'm in chapter 3 and I'm wondering what the hell is that place with the 3 alters and those "fires" everywhere infront of the Creator Race Ruins entrance... somehow one of the alters does not send that laser to the other alters anymore but I have no idea why (It's the blood stained one I believe)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
It's been awhile. After the length of Chapter 2, Chapter 3 seemed like a blur.

This was "outside", right?

*edit: Are you certain you aren't talking about Chapter 2, not 3? I can't recall any Creator Ruins in Chapter 3*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I'm entirely positive it's chapter 3, the name in the entrance doesn't say creator ruins, only "Cave Entrance" and that is where you'll have to go into the past using the sun dials in order to make the guardian golems vulnurble to something
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
IIRC there is one main room with some sort of pillar or something on it, and then
to the left and the right there are other rooms where monsters are generated
or something? Or am I totally off?
Damn I played through NWN three months ago or something.. I should remember
this :rolleyes:

I can't remember exactly what I did, but it involved smacking down everything
in sight ;)
Quote:I can't remember exactly what I did, but it involved smacking down everything

That was the gist of my NWN experience, too; especially through Chapters 3 and 4.

Just for kicks (and to battle nervous tension over waiting for 1.10) I decided to reload my 16 fighter/druid back through Chapter 3. I'm lookin' for it, Tai... dunno when I'll find it.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hail TaiDaishar,

Spoilers...

Oooooh, I remember this part. It was quite interesting. Only I don't remember all of the specifics :( If I can recall some of it, you have to go into a side room near the start of the entrance. A small sequence should happen with a lizzard lady. After that you have to talk to a head slave (would have to be in past I believe) he should be near the upper right of the cave. Then he gives you detailed information on how to beat the golems ( you have to be in the past and talk to the makers of the golems. Then choose what type of damage you want them to be vulnerable to). Hope this helps, though you probably found out how to do it already. Now that I think back, you do have to acquire some sort of magical item that lets you talk to the slaves. Forgot how to get it though... It's been way too long since I've played.

*edit* - Love those spolers.
o.k maybe I wasn't clear enough but I meant OUTSIDE THE CAVE(Creator Race Ruins) ENTRANCE.

I'll try to give as accurate a description of that place as possible.

There's a place there where 3 Alters are positioned in a triangle shape and "shoot"* rays towards each other, in the middle of that triangle there is a red circle where random demons are being spawned (Hook Horrors, Slaads etc').

All around that triangle there are fires (for lack of a better word) scattered around which when you go through one sometimes it'll do some sort of effect (Effects I've been getting: Healing, level drained, wild magic aka lightning and some buff I don't recall its exact name)

ALSO in that place where the fires are scattered there are 3 stone pillars and in the middle of them a Pile of Stone in which you find a Volcano(ic?) Oak Seed.

*For some reason one of these Alters is not "shooting" or recieving any rays from the other alters, I believe it's the blood stained alter (Go to examine and it'll make a description, you won't see the blood stains manually)
You refer to this:

[Image: altars.jpg]

As you can see, my altars seem to be communicating their "lasers" just fine. I have a feeling that this was a simple bug in your game instance, Tai. Busting up one of the altars will shut down the summoning field (rather spectacularily) and also seems to reduce the danger of the various Wild Magic fields that surround the place (they only heal now?).

Your main goal in this area (besides running past it to the Creator Ruins and Time Travel quest) is the Volcanic seed... which is Linu's character quest item (rather akin to the "Star of Calimshan" jewel, which is linked to Tommi).

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

Nicodemus Phaulkon,May 11 2003, 06:51 PM Wrote:(rather akin to the "Star of Calimshan" jewel, which is linked to Tommi).
I believe it is linked to Dealen Red Tiger, the half orc...

And anyway, you were right about the place, and the summoning did not stop, I was thinking that maybe because I did some combination of the fires (i.e walking to a fire of a certein place/color in a certein order) caused the upper alter to shut.
:angry: That game was amazingly good game-play wise, but I found that the bugs were too much. I kept screen shots where my druid's black panther was white. Looked pretty neat, but was a bit depressing. Also, his badger (called Bumble) got a technicolour dream coat. I found that there should of been more rare items, instead of just differant types. I will replay it when I get broadband and can download patches in less than a day ;)
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.