Speculation on the new charm.
In 1.10 there is a new small charm that adds to all attributes, +1 to all skills, +xx% to experience and more (PLEASE tell me you can only hold one). Anyway, blizzard hints that you need to do something "special" to find it. Well, I am going to speculate here on what that may be.

Here are the ideas I can think of.

1.) Kill the cow king. I have a strong feeling that this will be just one way of nerfing exp.

2.) new quest reward, though this is doubtful as A.) everyone would get one and B.) why would they sy you need to figure it out??

3.) CRACKED SASH CUBE RECIPE!!!

4.) something to do with that stupid chat gem...loike you need to have "perfect gem actiated" or something

5.) Pay blizzard $1000000000 :ph34r:

6.) complete the game in HC

7.) I' out of good ideas long ago. I bet it's something crazy stupid...and I bet someone from the Lurker Lounge finds out first!!!
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
8) Be among the first 25 (50, 100...) on the ladder. Next monster killed drops one.

;)
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
9.) MF your favorite piñata (aka super unique boss) a gazillion times

Actually I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that turns out to be the case.....

ManaCraft
@Brother Laz:
Annihilus didn't seem to be a ladder only item, so I would hope that wouldn't be the case. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
i'd think it has to be some sort of compromise: ie kill cowking and get it

however there be few problems: 1 massive character creation to kill king to get them...

i think it has to be something more unique and rare
Maybe you have to gamble an entire inventory full of SoJs

To encourage players to do this they might upgrade the probability of getting an SoJ to 0.00000000000000000000000001% chance

Have a nice day :D
Well seeing as how the charm did/does have a lvl 62 requirement, this would have to be something in late nightmare and or even Hell to get it.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
Albion Child,May 9 2003, 12:09 PM Wrote:2.) new quest reward, though this is doubtful as A.) everyone would get one and B.) why would they sy you need to figure it out??
I would go with this one actually. If it is set up as a "quest item", you would only be able to hold one. If you already have one, then you will not be able to pick up a second one (try this with Wirt's Leg). Most likely it will only be rewarded at hell difficulty and only if you complete some obscure quest that most player now ignore. Possibilities include things like getting the cube in act 2 hell (could be an extra item that would drop out then) or more likely doing the final assembly of Khalim's Will (the cube functions in v1.10 will beable to output more than one item at a time and it is possible to test for the difficulty that the formula is attempted in).

I would suggest thinking along these lines.

Edit: If a towns person is to give this item to you, they do not neccassarily need to have a "!" over themselves to serve as a quest trigger. Keep this in mind also.
Hail Albion Child,

Before you made this thread, Isolde had already said those items were VERY wrong: the discussion in this thread is rather pointless.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
What's wrong with a little mental masturbation every now and then? ;)

There has been a lot of pointless speculation in the other threads since Isolde made his post as well. I don't see the surge of pointless speculation as all that big of a deal. :)

<startled mode>Oh gosh I got involved in a post content appropriateness discussion, I must be losing it...</startled mode>
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Thanks for posting that Ruvanal. For some reason I feel reassured...

BTW, apparently Geoff has posted a this-was-a-mistake notice on the AS.

It has some general stuff about 1.10. This is interesting:

Quote:Players can trigger a new, secret quest in Hell difficulty games. While we don’t want to spoil the surprise, we did want to give you a clue to get you started when the 1.10 patch for Diablo II releases. Note: this event is ONLY available to realm characters and does not trigger in single-player or open games.
-- CH

(edit add:) BTW, though I guess there's no way to be certain unless Isolde volunteers the info, I do hope that once this quest is known and understood, it will be posssible for a modder to duplicate it.

(edit fix quote tag)
Edit: Realized there was a better thread for my response, consider this post nuked...
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.