Poll: Do you think the creators had a little too much D2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, obviously! Act2 and Act3 is covered.
71.43%
10 71.43%
No, what are you talking about!
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Mummy
Just a thought :lol:

I know this is "slightly" late, but I just recently rewatched both The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.

If the first one didn't remind you, the second one had to. The flayer jungle anyone? And the Scorpion King fights like Duriel ^^.
While parts of the movie reminded me of the game I don't think it was really influenced by the game. There are a couple of reasons for this. The Mummy was released in 1999 before D2 came out. The Mummy Returns was released in 2001. Most movies take at least a year to create from conception to script to filming to production. So, while the end of the Mummy Returns could have been the Flayer Jungle I don't think D2 had any influence on it.

The other reason is that Egyptian mythology has a lot of the elements that the Mummy movies built on. Sure the movies took a lot of liberties, but much of it was there already.

Just my thoughts, the movie does remind me of the game, but I don't think either influenced the other, I think they were both influenced by the same older mythos.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Is "The mummy returns" worth watching?
If you like the first one, it is. In some ways it is better in some ways it is worse. They are both, OK.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Those little green tiki guys however are definite fetish ripoffs! :P

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
The little dudes and Fetish both have deep roots in Amazonian mythology. Just like zombies and walking skeletons have roots in myth. It's no great leap of the imagination to believe that the creators of both products looked towards the same source.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
The little guy in the first Mummy film, Beni, reminds me a lot of Marius, especially in the way he follows Imhotep/Diablo about.
Marius followed Diablo out of fear...

Benny was simply a sleasy prick.
"One day, o-n-e day..."