The unique jewel
You think it's "godly" (as the kids say)?

Perhaps vs physical immunes, but against normal monsters, the damage isn't that high, is it? The extra magic and cold damage don't count when dmg skills are used to calculate the total damage. Only the 106-120 are used.. Finding a sword which deals approxamitely 3 or 4 times that wouldn't be all that hard, and that number (350-500) would get higher as skills do their 'thang' such as concentration or ... I don't know, it's been too long since I played D2..
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
The extra magic and cold damage don't count when dmg skills are used to calculate the total damage.

You are correct in that the magic/cold damage will not be affected by any %ED from skills such as fanatacism, fury, or frenzy. But that magic damage still gets applied. And that damage totoal is 500-1000 magic/cold damage, in addition to the physical damage. Barnar's star doesn't even do near that (3-600 elemental damage).
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
The Azurewrath Thread, 70+ and counting

Where've you been, bud? ;)
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:You are correct in that the magic/cold damage will not be affected by any %ED from skills such as fanatacism, fury, or frenzy. But that magic damage still gets applied. And that damage totoal is 500-1000 magic/cold damage, in addition to the physical damage. Barnar's star doesn't even do near that (3-600 elemental damage).

But then again, BarStar isn't level 85 requisite, either. ;)

One has to keep in mind that with the removal of the Global Physical Resistance of all monsters in Hell, Monster Life amounts will be doubled. With Players X on Open, this could reach stupifying levels. Even without that consideration, 500-1000 magic/cold damage isn't going to one-hit-kill anything at all. Good ol' Crushing Blow is still a more powerful attribute for a weapon, if you ask me. The fact that this blade doesn't sport any CB is rather telling, methinks.

I actually rather like this blade.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,May 8 2003, 03:25 PM Wrote:The Azurewrath Thread, 70+ and counting

Where've you been, bud?  ;)
Let's not even mention the countless Azurewrath threads on the Bnet board.

No. Let's not. Under any circumstances :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
What shield was it that can have six sockets?

Last I checked, the max on a shield was 4, but I have been known to miss a detail or two.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I haven't actually checked, but I was under the assumption that -some- shields could have 6 sockets.. I may be wrong..
All shields are only 4 sockets. Whether this changes in 1.10 remains to be seen, but for now, all shields have a max of 4 sockets. And some only 3 (maybe even 2 for things like Heater, and some Normals).
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Hail Roland,

Quite a few max out at two sockets, most of the rest at three. There's only a couple that can have four; nothing higher. I've not yet seen anything with six sockets, but I think that's just bad luck...
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
There was a hack as I recall that folks could use to get six sockets in some items, armor, shields, some weapons, bows, etc. Windforces with six sockets were mighty interesting. Socket each socket with a 40/15 jewel and go to town.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
The only monster I could kill; and get a sense of joy out of, with a hacked weapon, would be myself.
Elric of Grans,May 9 2003, 11:25 AM Wrote:Quite a few max out at two sockets, most of the rest at three. There's only a couple that can have four; nothing higher. I've not yet seen anything with six sockets, but I think that's just bad luck...
You are correct in the numbers of sockets relating to the general-usage shield groups (although I don't recall any more than the Monarch as having 4 sockets), but there are also the Paladin shields that IIRC all have a max 4 sockets. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]hiya all, im still a bit new here, so please excuse me if ive missed some manners or whatever.

the stats on the jewel wont stack, like mf, rather there would be another chance of the chain lightening attacking. since the chance is 100%, it doesnt really matter. but the patch could change the stack/or give things other chances properties for items.

for instance, the highlords amu has a 33% chance of critical strike (at my amas lvl who uses it) and with her critical strike skill, this gives her godly attacks, but the new patch could mean that it would just mean that if you didnt get a strike the first time, you have another chance :blink:

well, confusing myself really. yes, hacks have made it so you can have oddly soc items, but who likes to play with hacked items? i for 1 dont, or leeching. quests are made for a reason, and thats to do them :P

ah well, enough ranting, time to post a post on leechers. great site and the forums rock,

kier :D
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Some elites (Monarch, Aegis, Ward) and any Paladin class specific shield can have 4 sockets. At least according to the Summit. I've never seen a legit shield have more than 4.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kier,May 9 2003, 04:38 AM Wrote:the stats on the jewel wont stack, like mf, rather there would be another chance of the chain lightening attacking. since the chance is 100%, it doesnt really matter. but the patch could change the stack/or give things other chances properties for items.
Actually, spells that have a percent chance to cast on striking/when hit DO stack. For instance, a 12% chance to cast lvl 3 charged bolt on attack and a 10% chance to cast lvl 3 charged bolt on attack will stack to 22% chance to cast. Although chance to cast on death is pretty stupid, I'm sure the same thing would apply here.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!