Hellfire
Hail to all d1 peoplez.

Having enjoyed the bacstories for D1, D2, and D2LoD, I was wondering if anyone could summarize where Hellfire fits into the equation...
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Hellfire is the expansion for Diablo 1. It was made by Sierra, under liscensing from Blizzard. It adds two more areas to the game of Diablo, and many different items/monsters.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Hellfire's story doesn't fit into the continuity of D1-D2. Killing Diablo is still the conclusion. The new areas are just extras.

It's that same old love story: Mage summons demon. Mage can't control demon. Mage flees, dies; where he falls an organic "hive" develops. As the hero, your job is to kill the whole lot of 'em.

Meanwhile, a fourth character class (Monk) has answered the call to deal with the mounting problems in Tristram. Barbarian/Bard don't have backstories.

In any event, none of these happenings have any effect on D2.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Quote:It's that same old love story: Mage summons demon. Mage can't control demon.

I see you've met my wife.

-DeeBye
DeeBye,Apr 25 2003, 11:59 PM Wrote:I see you've met my wife.

-DeeBye
You better hope she doesn't frequent this place Dee! Wooboy! *laughs*
Roland *The Gunslinger*
DeeBye,Apr 26 2003, 03:59 AM Wrote:I see you've met my wife.

-DeeBye
hahaha
touché
Ahhhhh..... No wonder I've never heard anything about the Hellfire story...there isn't one......Kinda like Diablo 2!!!!!
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci