This is crazy ...
It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm watching TV. For a sport I haven't truly followed in 2 years. For two teams I could care less about. Why?

This is amazing. The Dallas Stars and Annahiem Might Ducks are stuck. They're heading to a 5th overtime as I type this, and Giguere shows no signs of slowing down. Ditto his counterpart, but he hasn't been nearly as testing during these overtimes. I just can't get over how good of a goalie performance this has been so far.

The only downside? They're working on passing my Flyer's time in the longest games in history of the NHL.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Guess we've got no hockey fans in this place :P
That was definately an amazing game and I'm glad to have watched it to the end :P
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Guess we've got no hockey fans in this place

Detroit lost.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
no text
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:Detroit lost.

So did Toronto.

-DeeBye
Yeah, for us leaf's fans, the only thing keeping this from being a complete wash of a season is getting to watch detroit ousted in 4 straight by anaheim.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
The only series I didn't like the results of were the Devils winning :P
(Hey, what do you expect, I'm a typical Philly Fan).

Though I do enjoy the Avalanche, I like the fact that the new kids are finally starting to win.
Quark,Apr 26 2003, 07:09 AM Wrote:Though I do enjoy the Avalanche, I like the fact that the new kids are finally starting to win.
Go Wild! Being in the "state of hockey" is pretty cool when you've got a 3rd year hockey team in the second round of the playoffs and a championship college team too. I'm not including those idiot rioters, of course. <_<

Although 3 OT games in a row is starting to wear me down. Toss in the T-Wolves/Lakers game from Thursday (which ended around 1:30 a.m. my time), and you can see why I'm pretty tired this week. But then again, I have no one to blame but myself :lol:

Quark,Apr 25 2003, 12:27 AM Wrote:This is amazing. The Dallas Stars and Annahiem Might Ducks are stuck. They're heading to a 5th overtime as I type this, and Giguere shows no signs of slowing down.
I caught highlights of the game, and that falling-down sticksave by one of the goalies (Dallas?) was pretty lucky, but amazing nonetheless.

Here's hoping for a Dallas (originally North) Stars and Minnesota Wild conference finals!
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Quote:Yeah, for us leaf's fans, the only thing keeping this from being a complete wash of a season is getting to watch detroit ousted in 4 straight by anaheim.

Umm, why don't you go take dives, whine to refs, and cheap shot some more people in an effort to hide the fact that your team has absolutely no skill :blink:

B)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London