Shirotachi vs Grandfather
Hi you all there at the Lurker Lounge!
Just joined the club :D

I'm just a Newbie from Germany who thinks that Diablo (not Diablo 2) is the best and most atmosphaeric (?) Game ever.

As to what concerns my question:

I love 2-handed swords. I am not sure whether my Warrior should wear Shirotachi ( Forgot to say I like Hellfire to) ;) or the fabulous Grandfather.

It is no question that a unique weapon has more style than a KSoH. I had that one a dozen times... :blink:

Please let your answer document your greetings for a new member :) :) :)
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Welcome to the LL. Personally, I have never found Grandfather in vanilla hellfire. but would prefer shirotachi because of puncturing and haste. Unfortunately, because of spellblock in the vanilla version of Hellfire, a warrior will be better off using it without a shield on mage and witch levels. LemmingofGlory is working on a mod which eliminates spellblock, amoung other things. Also if you want a new and rewarding Diablo experience, you might consider the Dark mod, which can be found here : http://www.xs4all.nl/~a3n/
Sorry :D You must explain some things to me first:

Vanilla Hellfire ?

Spellblock ?

In fact I can't get enough of the original Diablo / Hellfire.
But I personally have nothing against people playing mods or experimenting with some things ( if it isn't just bug exploiting :D )

Why do you appearently have probs getting jewelry of the zodiac?

You propably don't play SP.

That is it, because in SP you can always save and reload at Wirt to get the next item and avoid even loosing money...

Or is this bug-exploiting?
Dunno. It surely offers the player an advantage over 'the game'

Thanks for your quick answer, btw :D :D :D
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Vanilla Hellfire would mean Hellfire without any mods/expansions. Since Hellfire is an expansion this is kind of contradictory :P

Regarding spell block: In Hellfire, characters will attempt to block spells even if they have resistance to them. That does not happen in Diablo. It can be a real problem in Hellfire, because it can get to the point where your character is unable to do anything except block spell after spell until either you die or your shield breaks.

As for zodiac jewelry, most people here primarily have played regular Diablo multiplayer. Since neither Gris nor Wirt sell jewelry in multiplayer, good jewelry is pretty hard to come by. Plain zods are easy enough to find, but a zod with a good prefix is another story.

As for shopping by using save/reload, that's not a bug. I would call it scumming, which puts it in the same category as any kind of repetitive shopping, shrine runs, Laz runs, etc. None of these things are really cheating, but they are often boring ways to make an easy game even easier.
Thx a lot...

Think you must be right. Although I come up at intervalls of about 6,5 minutes between getting an item with a zodiac suffix and the next, which is pretty short, I think.

Well.

My probs are solved so far - thx again :lol: :D

- Bruce Lee

If you want style and power, forget the Uniques or the common KSoH. Go and become Wirt's biotch and try buying a Champion's Sword of Speed/Haste/Whatever.

That's accounting for sheer rarity. A King's wep was tweaked down to a Quality Level (qlvl) of 28, same as a Master's wep. The Champion's weapons were left at their original qlvl of 40, meaning that it is rarer to get a Champion's sword (sold only by Wirt, never found in the dungeons below), hence won't be anything most folks have ever seen. Everybody's seen a KSoH or a Grandfather, but not many have wielded a Champ.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
LemmingofGlory is working on a mod which eliminates spellblock, amoung other things.

Helflire: Fixed - Now available exclusively at the Lounge
http://lurkerlounge.com/diablo/

And during our After-Easter sale, it's free! (It's technically free all the time, but right now it's freer.)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]