What would you think of....
Update for No-Stats on USWest.

No-Stats is now level 51. He just finished NM act3. He has been very lucky with drops. He has gotten many nice items. His current equipment is:

3 socket druid helm with 2 perf amethysts for +20 str (waiting for a 3rd one)
twitch (for the +10 str)
+100 AR ring
+86 AR ring
Sigon's gloves
Sigon's belt
ammy with +74 hp and 10% vulpine
35% MF boots
1st weapon switch: bonesnap
2nd weapon switch: bloodletter and a 3 socket large shield
the shield has 2 perf diamonds, waiting for a 3rd

No-Stats switchs between weapons depending on whether or not he wants the resists.

Other notable drops:
7% manald ring
unique pike (might merc uses this)
undead crown (might merc uses this)
moonfall
2 frostburns (not that he'll ever use them, but it's notable)
ethereal hotspur (being saved for diablo fights)
2 cathan's rings, cathan's armor, cathan's mask

No-Stats also has a lot of charms mostly +str ones, but also a few resist ones.

No-Stats has been keeping a store of lightning and fire resist gear. He will completely change his set up when he fights diablo. Many items I have muled onto one of my personal accounts for save keeping. I didn't want to clog up the lounge account with No-Stat's junk. I did put one pair of frostburns on the hardcore barb mule on the lounge account. I hope someone can use them.

The rare rings gotten as quest rewards have been completely useless. (what else is new?) Even getting one with the only good mod being +AR would have been nice, but I guess that is asking too much.

skills:
20 oak sage
20 lycanthropy
1 werebear
1 carrion vine
11 maul
1 shockwave

I'd like to invest more in shockwave, but maul has been more important only because it adds to AR. With bonesnap, he only has about 820AR and with bloodletter he has 1050AR.

In were form and with Oak Sage, No-Stats has about 1150hp. The +74hp from his ammy really helps.

He beat baal normal at level 34. He did Baal runs by himself in multi-player games until he got to level 50. Through acts 1, 2, and 3 NM he has only gained 1 and a half levels. Since about level 40 it has been easy going. I'm sure that this character will be able to beat NM difficulty easily, but I still don't know about hell difficulty. I'm rather sure that hell ancients will be too much for him. I think I may cheat a little and give him the worldstone keep wp just so he can become a guardian, then I'll go back and get him killed on hell ancients. (heck, you gotta try) All of this is assuming that he will be able to kill hell diablo. Diablo will be another tough spot. No-Stats won't go into hell difficulty until he is at least level 70.

Edit: No-Stats just beat diablo in NM. It was very, very difficult. I'll have to revise my estimate that No_Stats can make it to Act 5 hell difficulty. I'm pretty certain he won't get past hell diablo, if that far. I spent about 20 mins beating diablo in NM. I decided to be defensive rather then offensive. No-Stats had 75% lightning and fire resist and 13% blocking. He used moonfall for the -11 magic damage. The lightning breath took him to about half hp, and river of flame was even worse. Basically I ran at him, attacked him about 3 times then ran away. My merc did most of the damage to him. Even getting the merc to attack diablo was difficult because I had to run away very quickly. The merc would follow me away from him. I came close to death several times, one of which was one of those terriblely close calls where you smash all the number keys at the same time to try to drink potions. Thankfully, it worked. After this fight, I realize that hell diablo will be near impossible.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
Well, I joined the Euro account.
Made a char and played her to lvl 12/jail lvl 1.

Her name is Zara_MG (Should be Zara_MG42)
She is a no twink, no rush, no leech, pure Speedazon. That means she will use Strafe and Strafe only (and normal attack when out of mana), and aspires to get the Strafe to the magical 2 frames. I play her solo in large games, except for quests for which I do a passworded game. Solo, because playing with twinked random bnetters is too close to leeching for my taste.
Plan is to invest into Strafe and Passives only. Stay in Normal until 35+ and in Nightmare until 55+

Update: She has reached level 19 and is ready to kill Duriel. Her luck with drops and gamblings has been bad so far. She hasn't seen a single set or unique and only a handful of bad rares. She hired Pratham in Lut Gholein to do her killing for her. :P
Update for No-Stats on USWest:

No-Stats has died at level 67. He was killed by a PK using trigger hack. This is the first hc character I've lost to a PK. :( I never even saw the PK on my screen. (I usually go to a different area if there is an amazon nearby.) I am very disapointed to lose this character in this way. I was having a lot of fun with this experimental build.

Before his death, No-Stats was able to get past NM ancients. He easily would have gotten past Baal, but I was waiting to level 70 because I didn't plan to enter hell until then. The ancients were very difficult. I put about 100 healing potions on the ground, and re-spawned the ancients until they got easy mods. One of them was about half dead when my merc die. Then I had to face all three without support. I kept casting poison creeper as a distraction and used hit and run tactics. I very slowly killed Korlic using these tactics. Then Talic and Madawc (sp?) died much faster. I used somewhere between 50% and 75% of the potions on the ground.

Considering this character's limitations, he was very successful. I think he would have made it to hell Diablo at the very least. This character was a lot of fun, and I encourage others to try it.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
Report the Triggerhacker to suport@blizzard.com
Maybe they'll do something. (Like ban the PK...) :unsure:
What IS trigger hack?

Edit: Addvertisement for llngeacct2 on USEast. PM LavCat, Ghost70 or me for the password
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Alas, I have not been playing on the lounge accounts since the unfortunate demise of onlyPets and Poison_Creeper. The thought of onlyPets being tortured by demons is still terribly upsetting.

What I have been doing is trying to get my two highest characters leveled before the patch. I also started a couple of baby characters to play untwinked, but I will probably recreate them on the new ladder once it comes out.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:What IS trigger hack?

Basically just a macro that allows someone to create a tp and enter it as well as hostile almost instantly.

Fast enough for an amazon to get several Guided Arrows into the air before she hostiles. The guided arrows will instantly home in on you for a few free hits. There is nothing you can do against this except try to be able to survive several high powered physical attacks. If the person happens to also be using ith or somesuch, a legit has a nearly nil chance of survival.

I have taken to never partying with bowazon who is over lvl 50. Added them to the list along with hydra sorc.

Of course, as always there is an option: avoid public games totally. I still play in them though...
Quote:Alas, I have not been playing on the lounge accounts since the unfortunate demise of onlyPets and Poison_Creeper.

Myself as well. I think I'll wait till 1.10 comes out before I get heavy into playing again. Perhaps I'll make my next build (most likely a necro) on the LL account.

At least I'll have some free time(while waiting) for a few weeks/months/maybe years.... :)
Sounds like you guys are having fun with the community account. Maybe you should rename it the 'select few' account though, since only a few have the pword and can play along.
Maybe we should. Of course, judging by how the east account was stolen, that's pretty much why we have to do this. You are free to ask for the password, I suppose. So, it's not really being exclusive.

Of course, if "select few" means people who are honest and won't steal the account just to be an ass, well, so be it. B)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I did ask for the pword, and I am honest. Don't judge.
How did I judge? I'm just arguing the point of "a select few" can still mean community. And that a non-passworded account blew up. I meant no offense.

The account was not meant to be exclusive to a "select few." It's just that reality demands some precaution.
Oh, no biggie. Sorry if I came off lame. It's been a looong couple of days.
Same here. I think sleep helps. Actualy, no it doesn't. Anyone have suggestions? :huh:
Archon_Wing,May 20 2003, 09:33 PM Wrote:Anyone have suggestions?
Mountain Dew Livewire. It's like Sunkist on crack!
Posted on May 20 2003, 09:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:Same here. I think sleep helps. Actualy, no it doesn't. Anyone have suggestions?

[SIZE=xx-large]BEER :wacko:
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Well, I had LL_Piege up to level 9, no stats added, 1 point in BoS, and doing about 45 Damage. She had all the waypoints up to Jail Level 2. Then, lag happened, the screen froze, I heard fire...and she died. Dammit! I say for Community accounts we stick with SC so noone gets upset. I created a Melee Sorc for us to try, I figure we can max Enchant, and Fire Mastery with a point or two in teleport, static, energy shield, and maybe firewall, and we could have some fun with her. Endgame weapon would be a Lightsabre, which I will gladly donate to her, if someone will help me mule. :)

lord_journeyman
You shouldn't donate a lightsabre to a communal account... too easy to get jacked. Of course, if you feel secure in it, then... :)
I feel it is time to ressurect it. Of course, all the characters have expired to timeout. :( Time to start over for 1.10 :)
Reading through this thread fills me with gooey nostalgia and reminded me of where to look for my D2 disks, so it's re-installing as we speak.

I think I'm gonna return to my "core" build, the Trapper. It's what I play best and I love it to death. Probably an almost fully-synergized Wake of Inferno (not that many points in Fire Blast, I suppose) with a little in Mind Blast and Fade. Sounds like fun.